User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-17-2018, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
I will also say that, while I still love Stevie and FM and listen to their music often, I’m at a point where that’s all I really care about. I’m not that interested in their interpersonal relationships or their personal lives anymore and I have no interest in assigning blame to Stevie or anyone. Once I got over the initial shock, it just...didn’t matter to me that much.

“With all due respect, Miss, I have my own problems.”
Where's that quote from, Markolas?

I am so sick of the 5 posters on the Rumours board who only post the same nasty things, and not just about FM but about other posters, too. God I am so glad I have a happy life and can keep Lindseys firing in perspective. They are miserable and want to make people who don't feel the same way miserable. Not everyone, some express their anger and frustration appropriately and can even engage in conversation about other FM related topics, but there are a couple. They complain about everything (set list, price of tickets, how often they tour, no new album, why they didn't play a certain festival, or why did they play at a different one) but don't dare say a word about Lindsey or they throw a tantrum.

I am a fan of the music, I don't care that much about their personal lives. I don't know the names of their agents, managers, assistants, family members, and I don't care to. Lindsey was fired, I know they had a reason to fire him or they wouldn't have done it. One could say he screwed them over in 1987 by deserting the band, and now one could say they screwed him over in 2018 by firing him. They don't believe he was fired because of problems with the upcoming tour, but Lindsey hasn't said why he was fired. And I don't consider what he said at the fundraiser about 'certain factions' of the band to be an explanation. It was a very vague statement that could just as well have been his thoughts on the Bay of Pigs or the Boston Tea Party. If I was fired for no reason other than Stevie was jealous of an album he made with Christine (an album that flopped just like Stevie's 24 Karat did) then I would scream it from the rooftop. There is a reason he hasn't said why he was fired, and if he took a payoff to keep his mouth shut like some of his fans implied, then that makes him look even worse. Which I doubt he did, anyway.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but as the 5 LB fans have posted repeatedly, I have a right to post how I'm feeling, too.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Where's that quote from, Markolas?

I am so sick of the 5 posters on the Rumours board who only post the same nasty things, and not just about FM but about other posters, too. God I am so glad I have a happy life and can keep Lindseys firing in perspective. They are miserable and want to make people who don't feel the same way miserable. Not everyone, some express their anger and frustration appropriately and can even engage in conversation about other FM related topics, but there are a couple. They complain about everything (set list, price of tickets, how often they tour, no new album, why they didn't play a certain festival, or why did they play at a different one) but don't dare say a word about Lindsey or they throw a tantrum.
Yes - these five posters have made the Rumours board unbearable with their constant venomous, expletive-laden posts aimed at the remaining Mac members and members of the forum. It's kind of sad and pathetic that they continue to unleash their anger and call it "grief". Apparently, they believe that their "grief" is a free ticket to attack everyone outside of their little circle.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Oh dear. It seems we have started to make this a discussion of other PEOPLE rather than band members.

This is a bad idea, as it invites them to respond in a defensive fashion, and then you respond back, and then they respond... all so tiresome.

And doing this vague thing about "five posters" causes a problem you may not have anticipated. Since there are more than five people who are unhappy with this situation, more than five people will be wondering - if not assuming outright - that you are referring to them. You thus alienate more than five with your disparagements.

Poor form, gentlemen.

I encourage those who feel they may be one of the five fire-flamed to refrain from asking "is it me" and just not worry about it. I also wouldn't bother with any "counter-attacks." We really don't want pages of this, do we?

I encourage bwboy and Sugar Mouse to refrain from populating any more threads with discourses on the perceived personal failings of these five posters whom they find so loathsome.

Back to the topic at hand:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo
I wanted a final Rumours five album too. But gave up on that ages ago. What on earth would have kept you clinging to that fantasy? Stevie was never going to do it, it has been clear. So I do not think the rage people are expressing is because of that. I think Lindsey was the best producer for Stevie and I have complained about her solo work as a result. But it has been obvious for many years she will not record with him again. And I am not angry.
I did maintain a fantasy that somehow they would overcome their difficulties and work together again... part of that stemmed from the EP. Meager as it was, it showed that the possibility existed. Plus, Stevie changes her mind. We all know that. "That's a woman's right, they say." Was I crazy to think she would change her mind about recording when she's changed her mind so often in that past?

Heck, a little tiny place in my heart still hopes after some more distance from Tom Petty's death, she will change her mind about having Lindsey in the band and the five fireflies will be back together once more. I have not completely written off Stevie.

Last edited by sodascouts; 06-17-2018 at 07:40 PM..
Old 06-17-2018, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Oh dear. It seems we have started to make this a discussion of other PEOPLE rather than band members.

This is a bad idea, as it invites them to respond in a defensive fashion, and then you respond back, and then they respond... all so tiresome.

I encourage those who feel they may be one of the five fire-flamed to refrain from asking "is it me" and just not worry about it. I also wouldn't bother with any "counter-attacks." We really don't want pages of this, do we?
I don't think the 5 posters care what I think about them, so I doubt any of them would ask "is it me." Besides, it's really easy to figure out who my post was referring to- the people who post they hate FM and call them names and yet post repeatedly on a forum designed for FM fans. They hate FM, they've posted they hate FM, and they continue to post they hate FM. Maybe there could be another forum on the Ledge devoted to "people who hate FM?"

But really, I got it off my chest so I can let it go. It's sad to see a few folks leave the board, but I can see why. Missy in particular seemed like a nice person. She treated everybody with respect. A message board for fans of FM has been taken over by 5 people who continually post nasty and negative threads. Telling other posters to shut up, or to leave the Ledge, or to not post in "their" forum, doesn't that invite "counter attacks?" Or are people supposed to not respond to those comments?

As the 5 say, I have a right to express my feelings. The difference is, I just won't do it several times a week on several threads like they do. It's too bad they seem determined to insult members to the point that they quit the board.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think the 5 posters care what I think about them, so I doubt any of them would ask "is it me."
True; it's often people seeking to be reassured that you're NOT talking about them who ask!

Quote:
Besides, it's really easy to figure out who my post was referring to- the people who post they hate FM and call them names and yet post repeatedly on a forum designed for FM fans. They hate FM, they've posted they hate FM, and they continue to post they hate FM.
Well, the truth is that I really am not 100% sure who rounds out your five. Only two are obvious to me. There are more than 3 others who have posted that they hate FM, have expressed that they have a right to grieve, etc. I daresay I am not the only one who finds it ambiguous.

Quote:
Telling other posters to shut up, or to leave the Ledge, or to not post in "their" forum, doesn't that invite "counter attacks?"
Yes it does, and it has. It's too late to stop all of that. This time, though, I thought maybe we could cut it off before it had a chance to get going.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The a propos -ness of the fireflies lyrics in this situation just slays me. I am sorry, I just had to say it but now I'll be good, and hush and mosey on over to where I belong again.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As the 5 say, I have a right to express my feelings. The difference is, I just won't do it several times a week on several threads like they do. It's too bad they seem determined to insult members to the point that they quit the board.
Thanks for your post bwboy. Yes you absolutely have the right to express your feelings about what is happening here.
And for me that is the saddest part, that members are being insulted to the point of leaving. I haven't known it to be this bad since I joined 5 years ago
I just wish everyone could calm down a bit and stop hurling abuse, life can be difficult enough without coming here and getting more of the same
Old 06-20-2018, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Where's that quote from
Years ago, a fan sent an email to what she thought was Mariah Carey’s personal email account. The person pretending to be Mariah wrote back “With all due respect, Miss, I have my own problems.” It ended up making the rounds of internet gossip sites and Mariah Carey eventually issued a statement and apology to the fan saying that it wasn’t her. I might be getting some of the details wrong, but that’s basically it. I might have even heard about it here on The Ledge.

So now I say that whenever someone is bothering me with their bs.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lb confirmed at his show that his firing was “ all Stevie’s doing”. Yhe person who originally INSISTED that she be included in the band. She’s the absolute worst.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 10-08-2018 at 09:17 AM..
Old 10-08-2018, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Lb confirmed at his show that his firing was “ all Stevie’s doing”. Yhe person who originally INSISTED that she be included in the band. She’s the absolute worst.
Fa la la la la, la la la la

Old News

But u can't let it go
Old 10-08-2018, 09:54 AM
Feather Blade
This message has been deleted by Feather Blade.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
😂 LOL 😝 he is hardly going to confess to his role at his own meet and greet!
Old 10-08-2018, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If it were the other way around I’d be mortified at what Lindsey has done.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If it were the other way around I’d be mortified at what Lindsey has done.
If it happened before the last two years, you mean?