User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I’ll (again) state that my point here isn’t to point out who the band has catered to over the years. In the end, Lindsey has recorded a studio album for ‘Fleetwood Mac’ exactly once since 1987. And that album was 15 years ago. And we all know what were the problems with that album. Stevie thought it took too long, she didn’t like how her songs came out (and she’s had that happen in her solo career as well, where she’s admitted to just not liking how some of the songs came out), Lindsey wanted a double album but didn’t get it and was all bitter about it, etc. Everything that actually has happened over the past 15 years and a lot even before that has really all been catering to Stevie. She basically gets to decide what they do. If they even record at all, how it happens when they do (Lindsey bringing her to his home, making a nice and simple EP where she only had to fork over one old song and it got recorded almost exactly like her demo, giving her the nice and fuzzy environment she likes), when they go on tour, if they put out an album or not, etc. THAT is the stuff that really matters now. I don’t deny that the band has let Lindsey have his way a lot in the studio in the past. But considering that the last time that happened was 15 years ago, it’s just not really relevant in this situation. Unless you count the BM album, which by all accounts was a fairly smooth, drama-free recording that Lindsey and Christine both loved. And you know, at least when they've catered to Lindsey, he was actually DOING work for the band. When they cater to Stevie, it's usually letting her get away from doing work for the band.
But also what you said about Lindsey controlling “every single detail” of the recording isn’t true. I don’t know if you were exaggerating to make a point but that’s just not true. He certainly had a very heavy hand, obviously since he’s the band member that produces, but that he controlled everything and others weren't fairly involved isn't true. He probably wanted to at times, but people would reel him in. I don’t know if you’ve read Ken Caillait’s book or his interviews but I have and he talked extensively about what Lindsey was like in the studio-- and he criticizes him plenty-- but the most blunt thing he says is that basically Lindsey could just be really annoying, too serious and was borderline crazy, but he never once said Lindsey controlled everything. He describes the environment very well and others were plenty involved. According to him (and to others who have talked about it) Lindsey’s main ‘thing’ was that he would have some big vision for the sound and he try to convince the rest of the band to go along with it but he was very unsure so he would agonize over the songs for hours until he thought it was right. Here’s an interesting tidbit from his blog https://kencaillat.tumblr.com/post/1...instruments-on, note what he says at the end about Stevie and Chris’s songs. And there’s lots of other stories from Christine, Mick, Richard Dashut that are all very insightful and interesting. You should check them out!
The blog post also says Lindsey threatened to quit during Tusk if he did not get his way. Genius he may be, and he certainly was the best producer for Stevie's stuff, but I just do not get how he is seen as a blameless victim of Stevie's evil ways.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I had not heard she didn't like that version. I think it's beautiful.
Gypsy, under Lindsey's production, really is a masterpiece for FM. I watched the Dance the other night, and the version of Gypsy during that tour is amongst my favorites.
I think it was during the promotion for 24KG, she was explaining the whole album being old songs and old demos rerecorded and she said how she picked songs that never made it to albums and songs that got recorded but she didn't like how they came out so she wanted to redo them. Something along those lines. And Twisted was on the album so I assume that meant she didn't like it? She even released the demo version of it on her Enchanted boxset way back but then she said it was so people could hear the non-movie soundtrack version of it.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
The blog post also says Lindsey threatened to quit during Tusk if he did not get his way. Genius he may be, and he certainly was the best producer for Stevie's stuff, but I just do not get how he is seen as a blameless victim of Stevie's evil ways.
I don't think he's blameless at all, I do believe this "split" is 100% about S&L. For me--given all I've witnessed out of these 5 over the years, it's making allowances for one member (touring/recording/delays, etc) and not for the other (s). The premise of this being, Lindsey was fired due to conflicts with the tour schedule. But I don't believe he's a blameless victim, but based upon the facts as we have them, and were presented by the band, I do believe he was wronged here.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know it says that, but it also says it was just a bluff that he hoped would work (and it did). Also that Stevie did the same thing later on.
But I don't think he's some blameless victim, especially not back in the day, and I don't think Stevie has any evil ways, I actually love Stevie even though I'm mad at her but I just think the way this was handled was just wrong and it shows a double standard in the band. These days, it's undeniable that Stevie gets allowed to do basically anything (record/not record when she wants, tour or delay tours when she wants) but Lindsey gets thrown out over a scheduling issue and (allegedly) because Stevie doesn't want to deal with him bugging her about recording an album anymore? It's just not right, I don't understand how anyone can think that's right and to me at least, it's so upsetting that this is how the band is going to go out.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I believe the point people, not that I want to speak for others, but I will speak for myself, The fact 1 person, who is in a band (that alone speaks for the expectation of all parties) possibly couldn't work with one member, and everyone else in said band could...that person should leave. And in the scenarios laid forth by you and others in this thread--that person is Stevie. You've alluded that most of the posters are so focused, myopically almost, on the Lindsey POV, perhaps acknowledge you are myopically focused on the other. And maybe it's because you are just besides yourself with excitement that "your guy" is taking they guy that was booted's place.
I'm a huge Finn fan. The entire Finn family. And I'm a huge Mac fan. I love Lindsey's work but I also love the songs of Christine, Stevie, Danny, Bob, and Peter. Been a Mac fan since the early 70's. Not sure why one can't love all of it and not just focus on Lindsey's perspective like most do here.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course ... each of the band members has their share of problems and responsibility for issues the band has encountered over the years. Read any of the books on Fleetwood Mac and you'll see tons and tons of questionable behavior by each of the members including Lindsey. You'd never know that on this site where it's 99% Stevie's fault and Mick's fault and Lindsey is an innocent victim of Mick's greed and Stevie's anger. Of course, that's bunk. They're all imperfect people. That's why this site should be called Lindsey's Ledge which is a more accurate description. It's a Lindsey Buckingham site rather than a Fleetwood Mac site.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
But I don't think he's some blameless victim, especially not back in the day, and I don't think Stevie has any evil ways, I actually love Stevie even though I'm mad at her but I just think the way this was handled was just wrong and it shows a double standard in the band. These days, it's undeniable that Stevie gets allowed to do basically anything (record/not record when she wants, tour or delay tours when she wants) but Lindsey gets thrown out over a scheduling issue and (allegedly) because Stevie doesn't want to deal with him bugging her about recording an album anymore? It's just not right, I don't understand how anyone can think that's right and to me at least, it's so upsetting that this is how the band is going to go out.
Amen. It is a complete double standard, even if you take the band's narrative at face value.

Stevie's presentation of herself as a selfless team player in that CBS interview, someone who always respects what the "majority" of the band wants ("I'm not the boss"), and holding herself up as a supposed contrast to Lindsey... it was grotesquely hypocritical.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb Lindsey has ALWAYS been a cruel brat that takes hostages.

I haven't been here in sooo long. Tina, Kristin, Nathan...we should touch base. I think I posted about how Hollywood came sneeking back and caught me off guard. Long story short my stage name has been making the rounds on gossip blogs about me and someone famous that I dated. A bunch of unauthorised nude photos and videos were all over the net with titles that pointed to old characters I played on a soap, sitcom, film etc...I got in really good shape and my best friend tagged me for some projects we had written over the years. I don't watch TV. Never really did except Charlies Angels, 6 million dollar man and Joan Rivers on the tonight show...I think I only watched maybe 3 or 4 shows that I did...it kind of freaked me out. Anyway, an agent at William Morris rememberd my friend and I from the 90s and had a "plot based lightly scripted docu-drama" for us based on a story of ours that she saw recently. My friend was/is very famous...she's one of the dumb blond icons that still works. Anyway...what it really meant was it was a ****ing reality show. Things got messy early on in the 6 months of meetings, networks bidding, casting, pre production etc. Our lawyers looked at the proposed treatment...and flipped the contracts over his head saying please dont do this...anyway, what I know now is the cruel editing, fox news style mis quotes or out of context audio bytes...marketing, lunch boxes, wine, catch phrases etc...they pretty much made bank and put 2 dollars in a card to say thank you when it was done and we were bleeding haha. An old aquaintance was on the Bevery Hills Housewife show...she was a child star that her weird family cashed in on from her mother being like a pimp and 2 sister sibling rivalry thats still going on. she was Happy as **** to leave showbiz for her family but, like her mother that she nursed until she died she became an alcoholic...your past can sneak back and **** with you as an adult. Anyway, I watched in horror at what they did to my friend...how she was treated and the show goes on. Dr Phil said she was a bad mother...I politely ****ed up Dr Phil with his dickless lack of patients being humans with feelings.

I way digress. yes all of Fleetwood Mac is guilty but, Stevie was ALWAYS the one to speak for the rest of the band...he has a ****ed up temper, he geeks out on stuff the rest of the band hates...then the time and his endless word salad bull**** interlect on stage and in the studio...he went out of his way to taunt Stevie...eye rolls, talking over her, fighing over sound engineer etc...in the end if they just set up a stage and started working on songs together OR just ****ing doing a song the way the song writer wanted it. AND Silver Springs was Lindseys original idea to hijack and keep it off the album. Mick told Stevie what Lindsey was doing behind her back and that was probably one of the worst last straws to this very day. He seethes with either jealousy or he's just a ****ing prick that wants his way and they gave it to him with all that studio time with him doing stuff he could have done on his own records...Fleetwood Mac was its best with a guitar a bass a keyboard and some drums...and the singers and those haromonies. Metaphoric huh? Beautiful deadly harmonies.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb Ps

regarding Stevie Nicks being a diva...she's 70 years old!!! Another wave of music artists, fashion icons, philanthopy sing her praises...they just seem to want to be her...can you think of another rock star or famous person that so many mimick? She's got a big head...and a lot of friends, young and old that tap her for another generation of music collaboration with her....non stop sold out tours...big or small arenas she's works the long haul job on the road. So now the young people know her and like when we saw her...or when we heard her...we were like, whoooa who's she...turn that up!!! They bring her on Netwok primetime talk shows even recently with that black haired cute guy from the dragon movie or whatever. Lady Antebellum etc...so, her memory is 70 years old...and I'm sure the coke damage mixes things up...anyway, people seem mesmerized by her stories...and dude, they are so far out! She's worked with every genre of music from RnB, country, rock, unknown artists, hair bands, whatever beyonce is etc...

I don't think she or any of the band wanted to wait...they were waiting for her to come back and like always, she did...and tango-esque Lindsey did a Nellie Olson stamping his foot and flouncing out of the door.

girl, bye
Old 06-06-2018, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaidSomething View Post
I way digress. yes all of Fleetwood Mac is guilty but, Stevie was ALWAYS the one to speak for the rest of the band...he has a ****ed up temper, he geeks out on stuff the rest of the band hates...then the time and his endless word salad bull**** interlect on stage and in the studio...he went out of his way to taunt Stevie...eye rolls, talking over her, fighing over sound engineer etc...in the end if they just set up a stage and started working on songs together OR just ****ing doing a song the way the song writer wanted it. AND Silver Springs was Lindseys original idea to hijack and keep it off the album. Mick told Stevie what Lindsey was doing behind her back and that was probably one of the worst last straws to this very day. He seethes with either jealousy or he's just a ****ing prick that wants his way and they gave it to him with all that studio time with him doing stuff he could have done on his own records...Fleetwood Mac was its best with a guitar a bass a keyboard and some drums...and the singers and those haromonies. Metaphoric huh? Beautiful deadly harmonies.
Well, say what you like about Lindsey fans, I don't think I've seen a post as bad as this anywhere else on the so-called "Lindsey ledge" about Stevie. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong - but link to it, please, because some folks have a bad habit of claiming things are "all over the place" without having any evidence of them actually existing.

If I am wrong, I will apologize.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Christine would never say a bad word about anyone

I’m not so sure about this, Christine can look out for herself and is pretty forthright.
She was a member of a all bloke blues band before she joined an all male FM.
Maybe she doesn’t have to say bad words about anyone to get her point across.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A lot of projection going on with these posts. Wow!

Old 06-06-2018, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I’m not so sure about this, Christine can look out for herself and is pretty forthright.
She was a member of a all bloke blues band before she joined an all male FM.
Maybe she doesn’t have to say bad words about anyone to get her point across.
I daresay she's said a few less than complimentary things about Bob Welch since she was instrumental in his exclusion from the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame.

No one in this band is an angel.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a huge Stevie fan and I hate to see everyone blaming her for Lindsey's being let go. I don't know if we have even gotten the full story. It still doesn't seem right to fire him because of solo work and touring. Something could have been worked out and should have. I hope we get the full story down the road. I'm mad at Stevie for telling us how her and Lindsey are great and then we hear or read how much they dislike each other and it's all an act. Maybe she just couldn't do it anymore. But I always got the feeling that Lindsey really tried to get along with Stevie. I think the only way we'll know the truth is if someone gets ahold of Stevie's journals and Lindsey does an interview. Between the two, maybe we'll get the truth.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 06-06-2018, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it was during the promotion for 24KG, she was explaining the whole album being old songs and old demos rerecorded and she said how she picked songs that never made it to albums and songs that got recorded but she didn't like how they came out so she wanted to redo them. Something along those lines. And Twisted was on the album so I assume that meant she didn't like it? She even released the demo version of it on her Enchanted boxset way back but then she said it was so people could hear the non-movie soundtrack version of it.
How could she have not liked the first Twister version? It was great and you can tell Lindsey added that new part to the outro that is very catchy. There is more then enough proof to show that she is the one to blame. And don't ask me why I'm on this board. I was a HUGE fan of SN for years. But like others have said, her worst traits are now her dominant ones. It's not pretty.