Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The New HDNet/DVD Thread

We can go back to the other threads if michele is able to recover them, but for now, we can use this to discuss the upcoming event.

I was able to get a log-in for the HDNet press site. But, I can't find any Lindsey photos yet! There really aren't that many photos of anything on the site, and honestly, for each show that they have represented there is only one photo. So, boo.

But if one does pop up, I'll pass it on (even though it's against terms of use, but it's not like I actually care if they cancel my log-in).

Last edited by Sarah; 10-12-2007 at 01:39 PM..
Old 10-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm so excited to see this. I'm counting down the days until my copy comes...

I wish I had HD.

Ok, I just had to get that off my chest.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know. To see this in HDTV would be amazing. My parents have an HDTV and the picture quality of events shot in HDTV or transferred to HD is simply awesome. I mean: Soul Plane and My BEst Friend's WEdding on an HD cable channel made my mouth drop. I can't even imagine how amazing this would be.

Anyway, my boss might have HDNet on her High Def Cable program and may invite me over so I can watch the show! But I don't think that will happen, cuz I haven't heard from her yet.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 10-12-2007 at 03:13 PM..
Old 10-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh and I got confirmation that I will be able to burn a couple of dvds for people as part of my role in . . . The Chain. So when I get mine I will be able to send a couple along to others if needed.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

So what happened to all the theads in this forum... I can't see any of them?
Old 10-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
So what happened to all the theads in this forum... I can't see any of them?
michele is treing to update some old thread and retrieve some things that have been deleted and we're having a glitch. i think there's some discussion in the ledge forum right now.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As we prepare for the show, thought I'd post this article from back in January when it was taped:

Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Fort Worth), January 28, 2007
Singer goes his own way in style

By ROBERT PHILPOT, STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER

FORT WORTH -- When you're essentially a cult artist who has sprung from a mega-selling band, sometimes you have to strike a balance in concert. For Lindsey Buckingham , that tightrope is strung between 30-year-old Fleetwood Mac songs about a relationship gone awry and present-day ones about finding peace in the marriage he's in now.

In his show Saturday night at Bass Hall, Buckingham pulled off the high-wire act and then some, playing several songs off his excellent new CD Under the Skin and his biggies from 1977's Rumours -- Go Your Own Way, Second Hand News, Never Going Back Again -- but also touching on many other aspects of his Fleetwood Mac tenure and his solo career.

The show's best moments came when Buckingham messed with the old stuff. When he pulled out an explosive, eardrum-rewiring guitar solo on I'm So Afraid, he may have risked self-indulgence -- except that he seemed to lose control, becoming possessed by the screaming tones that filled the hall. That was the high point, but it wasn't the only highlight.

Space doesn't permit listing all the examples, but another wild solo to climax Go Your Own Way and a malevolent take on the 1984 solo hit Go Insane, which sounded more like something from a spaghetti Western than the bouncy original, were among the many peaks.

Sometimes playing solo, other times with a band (guitarist Neale Heywood, percussionist Taku Hirano and bassist/keyboardist Brett Tuggle), Buckingham may have shocked anyone who still thinks of Fleetwood Mac as '70s soft-rock.

Rippling through finger-picked guitar runs, modulating his vocals from near-whispers to full-throated bellows, leading the group in the oddball sonic experiments he so loves, Buckingham showed why some people call him visionary even as his opening number Not Too Late indicated that he's uncomfortable with the term.

If the show had a flaw, it was in the momentum-threatening interruptions that occurred because the concert was being filmed for Mark Cuban's HDNet. But even with those minor glitches, Buckingham danced all over the tightrope, when he could have settled for just walking.

GRADE: A
Old 10-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

showed why some people call him visionary even as his opening number Not Too Late indicated that he's uncomfortable with the term.

I'm laughing like the assistant in "Destiny Rules." That's not how I interpret that song at all. Hahaha. Anyway, thanks for posting that article. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE SHOW
Old 10-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
showed why some people call him visionary even as his opening number Not Too Late indicated that he's uncomfortable with the term.

I'm laughing like the assistant in "Destiny Rules." That's not how I interpret that song at all. Hahaha. Anyway, thanks for posting that article. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE SHOW
What about how he says "you know you should never believe what you read" ?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So will anybody here be posting this on ThrownDown (if it's back) or on another site like The Traders Den once they get it tonight?

I'm really looking forward to seeing this. Been really looking forward to it to cheer me up a bit. Can't wait to see it!

EDIT: It says that the show is one and a half hours long. Does HDNet show adverts and that will mean we'll only get an hours worth of the show? Does anyone know how long the show was before stuff gets taken out? I'm guess an hour and a half would be about right if all the guitar swaps are edited out. I'm just hoping we'll get as much of the show as possible, but if they leave some songs out to make it fit then I suppose it'll leave more to look forward to on the DVD.

Last edited by Peestie; 10-14-2007 at 01:38 PM..
Old 10-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am so excited for this!!! I so loved him on this tour. I am still thrilled that he added Turn it On. That song is just amazing!
Old 10-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, ThrownDown.net is back up again (and hopefully for a little but longer than before). Hopefully there is someone willing to upload it!
Old 10-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How was the show?!?!?!?

I am dying to hear soundboard recordings of these songs!
Old 10-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up

The show? How was it???

AMAZING!!! Did you expect any less?!!

At any rate in all seriousness, it was an incredible hour and half on my couch... Lindsey in HD and the way the mix sounded all the way through the show was definetly a treat. The new songs came across the BEST I've ever heard him live.

I'm not sure if they cut any songs out, but all of the great tunes from the last tour were there! Shut us Down was the final song to end the show.

I've got this on my HD recorder and I'm going to attempt a DVD transfer (sadly all of the brilliance of HD will be lost...) but I've got a Blu-Ray burner on the way next week so I should be able to burn this to Blu-Ray disc and share with anyone who missed the show, retaining all of the HD quality.

TWO THUMBS UP LINDSEY!!! PLEASE COME BACK NEXT YEAR FOR MORE!
Old 10-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodguy79 View Post
The show? How was it???

The new songs came across the BEST I've ever heard him live.
I really appreciated the vocal arrangements on the new songs a lot, because live, sometimes depending on where you are sitting, sometimes you can't hear all of the subtleties of the vocals. Neale and Brett sound wonderful with Lindsey on Castaway Dreams, It Was You and Show You How.

Lindsay Vannoy was listed as doing extra keyboards in the credits.

Ray was listed as "audio choreographer." I don't know what an audio choreographer does, but I was glad to see him there. I thought Ray was retiring after the SYW tour, but was happy he returned for a bit during UTS. When he left, I was convinced the new guy who handed Lindsey the guitars was going to cause him to trip and break his neck.

Michele