Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default One Year Ago Today...

...Under The Skin was released. I can't believe it has been a year!!

This album is still heavy in my music rotation...

Old 10-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't it get released on his birthday in the US?
Old 10-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess I was just going by the Tuesday release day...

But yes, you are correct, it did come out on his birthday last year.

Last edited by #1LiddyBuckFan; 10-02-2007 at 10:59 AM..
Old 10-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes. A year ago tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

His Birthday is tomorrow!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

three months since a show seems three years...
I miss Lindsey.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

[ten characters]
Old 10-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Billo

yup, this album still delivers in spades for me.

Hell, almost a YEAR since I first saw ol' LB. AND met #1LIDDYBUCKFAN, too!
Old 10-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billo View Post
yup, this album still delivers in spades for me.

Hell, almost a YEAR since I first saw ol' LB. AND met #1LIDDYBUCKFAN, too!
I know!!! Can you believe that?! That was such a great night. Time sure flies...

Old 10-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

God I love Under The Skin. It's just so beautiful and lush.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart It's Not Too Late to Show You How GREAT last year was for me, is it?

A year ago on October 21, 2006 one of the BEST things EVER happened to me. I was at my 2nd LB show, Cincinnati (Nashville was #1) and I was waiting outside recovering from that magical show. God dropped a brick on my head and caused me to notice (& start talking to!) the most amazing woman I've ever met. Moments later, we met THE MAN himself (ummm, no not God, LINDSEY!!!), he stopped to talk to all of the fans gathered, and signed for many of us (I think that natesummers fan even got LB to sign his guitar! How cool is THAT?). It was AWE-Some! Lindsey is such a warm, caring and compassionate man in addition to being the greatest singer/songwriter/guitarist EVER!!! We were all floored by the whole thing, and the next day Nico posted this blog about it: (edited w/permission)

"...Cincinnati...OMFG!!!
The best concert experience of my life. I'm still recovering from all of it. Wow. It was great…I loved the whole experience of seeing him right there and was moved by the moment of it all. I was awe-struck by the passion. Here's the magical moment: After quite a bit of time, in which I met a few really nice people, LINDSEY CAME OUT THE 'EFFIN DOOR. He was like, "Oh my goodness." and I thought he was going to walk to the van but he STOPPED and started chatting and signing and shaking people's hands, hugging...at the very moment that my camera suddenly froze. I did get LB on my camera phone, though. It's wallpaper now, dude. And the best part: he signed my tickets!!!!! He came right over to me, right in my face, and he just signed them and I said, "Lindsey, you are a genius" And he looked at me with the sweetest eyes and said, "Well, thank you so much." And I was like, "No, Thank you." And he smiled at me, really stared at me, then turned to get to the other fans. I love him. He's the coolest guy and I'm so freaking happy I'm a fan of someone who is not only brilliant, but a nice human being as well..."

Isn't that a great blog? She really captured the amazing-ness of the whole thing (thanks Nico! I Love You!!!) The experience of seeing & meeting Lindsey ranks at the top of my personal Rock-n-Roll Hall Of Fame. Like everyone else lucky enough to see him last tour, I can't wait for more Lindsey shows. LB RAWKS!!!
-Steve

PS....if anyone wants to get nostalgic (and has alot of time!), my LB px are still online.
My Nashville & Cincy px are at:
http://www.beadcage.net/src/lindsey_home.html
and Asheville, NC px are at:
http://www.nightflypress.com/SRC/LB/lb_av_main.html
Old 10-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd World Man View Post
A year ago on October 21, 2006 one of the BEST things EVER happened to me. I was at my 2nd LB show, Cincinnati (Nashville was #1) and I was waiting outside recovering from that magical show. God dropped a brick on my head and caused me to notice (& start talking to!) the most amazing woman I've ever met. Moments later, we met THE MAN himself (ummm, no not God, LINDSEY!!!), he stopped to talk to all of the fans gathered, and signed for many of us (I think that natesummers fan even got LB to sign his guitar! How cool is THAT?). It was AWE-Some! Lindsey is such a warm, caring and compassionate man in addition to being the greatest singer/songwriter/guitarist EVER!!! We were all floored by the whole thing, and the next day Nico posted this blog about it: (edited w/permission)

"...Cincinnati...OMFG!!!
The best concert experience of my life. I'm still recovering from all of it. Wow. It was great…I loved the whole experience of seeing him right there and was moved by the moment of it all. I was awe-struck by the passion. Here's the magical moment: After quite a bit of time, in which I met a few really nice people, LINDSEY CAME OUT THE 'EFFIN DOOR. He was like, "Oh my goodness." and I thought he was going to walk to the van but he STOPPED and started chatting and signing and shaking people's hands, hugging...at the very moment that my camera suddenly froze. I did get LB on my camera phone, though. It's wallpaper now, dude. And the best part: he signed my tickets!!!!! He came right over to me, right in my face, and he just signed them and I said, "Lindsey, you are a genius" And he looked at me with the sweetest eyes and said, "Well, thank you so much." And I was like, "No, Thank you." And he smiled at me, really stared at me, then turned to get to the other fans. I love him. He's the coolest guy and I'm so freaking happy I'm a fan of someone who is not only brilliant, but a nice human being as well..."

Isn't that a great blog? She really captured the amazing-ness of the whole thing (thanks Nico! I Love You!!!) The experience of seeing & meeting Lindsey ranks at the top of my personal Rock-n-Roll Hall Of Fame. Like everyone else lucky enough to see him last tour, I can't wait for more Lindsey shows. LB RAWKS!!!
-Steve

PS....if anyone wants to get nostalgic (and has alot of time!), my LB px are still online.
My Nashville & Cincy px are at:
http://www.beadcage.net/src/lindsey_home.html
and Asheville, NC px are at:
http://www.nightflypress.com/SRC/LB/lb_av_main.html
I was JUST looking at the Asheville photos randomly this morning. I saved the link way back when you first posted because they are SO good. I haven't looked at them in a couple of months until this morning and here you are posting about it. How weird!!

Old 10-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hmmmm....that IS weird! Thanks for the nice comment on my px, I just want other fans to have a taste of the great shows I saw last year. Maybe we'll hear from that sweet Nico girl since I hi-jacked her post from last year! (I am waiting...I am waiting...)
Old 11-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, the album hasn't gathered any dust yet. I mean it still sounds really fresh.

But all that Out Of the Cradle gathered over the years has been a slight patina, which enhances its charm.

I'd say Lindsey's recordings got a timeless quality to them.