Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2018, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaidSomething View Post
An old aquaintance was on the Bevery Hills Housewife show...she was a child star that her weird family cashed in on from her mother being like a pimp and 2 sister sibling rivalry thats still going on. she was Happy as **** to leave showbiz for her family but, like her mother that she nursed until she died she became an alcoholic...your past can sneak back and **** with you as an adult. Anyway, I watched in horror at what they did to my friend...how she was treated and the show goes on. Dr Phil said she was a bad mother...I politely ****ed up Dr Phil with his dickless lack of patients being humans with feelings.
Kim Richards? Please pass on my best wishes for her continued health and sobriety. She has lived quite a life and seems to revel in being a grandmother. Good for her.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
regarding Stevie Nicks being a diva...she's 70 years old!!! Another wave of music artists, fashion icons, philanthopy sing her praises...they just seem to want to be her...can you think of another rock star or famous person that so many mimick? She's got a big head...and a lot of friends, young and old that tap her for another generation of music collaboration with her....non stop sold out tours...big or small arenas she's works the long haul job on the road. So now the young people know her and like when we saw her...or when we heard her...we were like, whoooa who's she...turn that up!!! They bring her on Netwok primetime talk shows even recently with that black haired cute guy from the dragon movie or whatever. Lady Antebellum etc...so, her memory is 70 years old...and I'm sure the coke damage mixes things up...anyway, people seem mesmerized by her stories...and dude, they are so far out! She's worked with every genre of music from RnB, country, rock, unknown artists, hair bands, whatever beyonce is etc...

I don't think she or any of the band wanted to wait...they were waiting for her to come back and like always, she did...and tango-esque Lindsey did a Nellie Olson stamping his foot and flouncing out of the door.

girl, bye
You're funny. I'm loving this post.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I haven't been here in sooo long. Tina, Kristin, Nathan...we should touch base. I think I posted about how Hollywood came sneeking back and caught me off guard. Long story short my stage name has been making the rounds on gossip blogs about me and someone famous that I dated. A bunch of unauthorised nude photos and videos were all over the net with titles that pointed to old characters I played on a soap, sitcom, film etc...I got in really good shape and my best friend tagged me for some projects we had written over the years. I don't watch TV. Never really did except Charlies Angels, 6 million dollar man and Joan Rivers on the tonight show...I think I only watched maybe 3 or 4 shows that I did...it kind of freaked me out. Anyway, an agent at William Morris rememberd my friend and I from the 90s and had a "plot based lightly scripted docu-drama" for us based on a story of ours that she saw recently. My friend was/is very famous...she's one of the dumb blond icons that still works. Anyway...what it really meant was it was a ****ing reality show. Things got messy early on in the 6 months of meetings, networks bidding, casting, pre production etc. Our lawyers looked at the proposed treatment...and flipped the contracts over his head saying please dont do this...anyway, what I know now is the cruel editing, fox news style mis quotes or out of context audio bytes...marketing, lunch boxes, wine, catch phrases etc...they pretty much made bank and put 2 dollars in a card to say thank you when it was done and we were bleeding haha. An old aquaintance was on the Bevery Hills Housewife show...she was a child star that her weird family cashed in on from her mother being like a pimp and 2 sister sibling rivalry thats still going on. she was Happy as **** to leave showbiz for her family but, like her mother that she nursed until she died she became an alcoholic...your past can sneak back and **** with you as an adult. Anyway, I watched in horror at what they did to my friend...how she was treated and the show goes on. Dr Phil said she was a bad mother...I politely ****ed up Dr Phil with his dickless lack of patients being humans with feelings.

I way digress. yes all of Fleetwood Mac is guilty but, Stevie was ALWAYS the one to speak for the rest of the band...he has a ****ed up temper, he geeks out on stuff the rest of the band hates...then the time and his endless word salad bull**** interlect on stage and in the studio...he went out of his way to taunt Stevie...eye rolls, talking over her, fighing over sound engineer etc...in the end if they just set up a stage and started working on songs together OR just ****ing doing a song the way the song writer wanted it. AND Silver Springs was Lindseys original idea to hijack and keep it off the album. Mick told Stevie what Lindsey was doing behind her back and that was probably one of the worst last straws to this very day. He seethes with either jealousy or he's just a ****ing prick that wants his way and they gave it to him with all that studio time with him doing stuff he could have done on his own records...Fleetwood Mac was its best with a guitar a bass a keyboard and some drums...and the singers and those haromonies. Metaphoric huh? Beautiful deadly harmonies.
Good to see you Jim.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I'm a huge Stevie fan and I hate to see everyone blaming her for Lindsey's being let go. I don't know if we have even gotten the full story. It still doesn't seem right to fire him because of solo work and touring. Something could have been worked out and should have. I hope we get the full story down the road. I'm mad at Stevie for telling us how her and Lindsey are great and then we hear or read how much they dislike each other and it's all an act. Maybe she just couldn't do it anymore. But I always got the feeling that Lindsey really tried to get along with Stevie. I think the only way we'll know the truth is if someone gets ahold of Stevie's journals and Lindsey does an interview. Between the two, maybe we'll get the truth.
Hope we do get both sides of the story at some point. I'm sure there's plenty of responsibility on both sides of the aisle. Not sure we'll get an accurate interpretation here on Lindsey's Ledge but I do hope both sides speak out in more detail this summer before the tour starts.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I'm mad at Stevie for telling us how her and Lindsey are great and then we hear or read how much they dislike each other and it's all an act. Maybe she just couldn't do it anymore. But I always got the feeling that Lindsey really tried to get along with Stevie. I think the only way we'll know the truth is if someone gets ahold of Stevie's journals and Lindsey does an interview. Between the two, maybe we'll get the truth.
I agree, I think Lindsey really tried to get along with Stevie. In fact every song on Extended Play - Sad Angel, It Takes Time and Miss Fantasy paint a picture of an unhappy Stevie. Maybe Lindsey was sensing something like this was going to happen 5 years ago?

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 06-10-2018, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP View Post
I agree, I think Lindsey really tried to get along with Stevie. In fact every song on Extended Play - Sad Angel, It Takes Time and Miss Fantasy paint a picture of an unhappy Stevie. Maybe Lindsey was sensing something like this was going to happen 5 years ago?
I think it wasn't as much about trying get along for the purpose of getting along as it was about getting her to record. I think he reaaaaaaally wanted to get her to record and was very much trying to butter her up to lure her back in the studio. I was reading/listening to a lot of the interviews with him from around 2011-2013 and it's obvious how much he was trying for that. He talked a lot about how happy he knew she was when she made her album with Dave Stewart all nice and cozy at her house and that it was a really good experience for her. Then shortly after that he had her come to HIS house for the EP and he made it all nice and cozy. He even said he wrote Sad Angel about that exact thing, her getting back to 'fight' the FM battle. Even little things like David Wilde said he added Stephanie to his solo setlist because he thought she might like it etc. Basically I think he was trying to kiss her butt to get her to do an album but it didn't work and I'm sure he started getting very frustrated.

http://www.buckinghamnicks.info/quot...nment-12062012
Here's an interesting one from before the 2013 tour for example, look at what he says here:

Q: "Yes, but you said you wanted to do an album first. Stevie told me she wanted to do an album but people aren’t interested in them anymore, so you have just the two songs for now."

A: “Oh no, that’s not true. I don’t know what she’s talking about. She just didn’t come with any songs. She didn’t want to do an album. I said ‘Stevie, what do you think?’ and she said ‘No, I don’t want to do that.’ So I didn’t push it. I’ve got all this stuff sitting around. I’ll get John (McVie) and Mick (Fleetwood) over here from Hawaii and do a low-key, under-the-radar situation, producer-wise, just see what happens. We cut like seven, eight tracks with Mitchell Froom and the stuff turned out great. We did it all in the proper keys for Stevie’s range, and for her to drop in her parts. My hope she would hear some of this stuff and love it and get drawn in. She wasn’t really prepared to love it, so she didn’t. She’s starting to love it more now, now that she’s on a couple. She felt sort of put-upon and that’s fair enough I guess. She had her idea of not wanting to do it and here I was getting John and Mick over, doing this rah-rah thing. Come on guys!”

Q: I have a feeling this interview is going to get the tour canceled before it begins...

A: “No, no, no, not at all. But I think probably she felt put-upon in the sense she didn’t have a lot of material sitting around to bring. Maybe there was a sense of pressure on her part. I was talking to Mick yesterday. At some point we’re going to be very glad we did this material. Something’s gonna happen with this. What that is remains to be seen. If we only use a couple of these for now, that’s fine. Stevie still needs to come with something. Who’s to say? I’m not pushing for an album. Down the line, maybe. I think it would be great. Stevie’s gotta be happy, she’s gotta be comfortable and that’s really the bottom line."

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 06-10-2018 at 01:51 AM..
Old 06-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think it wasn't as much about trying get along for the purpose of getting along as it was about getting her to record. I think he reaaaaaaally wanted to get her to record and was very much trying to butter her up to lure her back in the studio. I was reading/listening to a lot of the interviews with him from around 2011-2013 and it's obvious how much he was trying for that. He talked a lot about how happy he knew she was when she made her album with Dave Stewart all nice and cozy at her house and that it was a really good experience for her. Then shortly after that he had her come to HIS house for the EP and he made it all nice and cozy. He even said he wrote Sad Angel about that exact thing, her getting back to 'fight' the FM battle. Even little things like David Wilde said he added Stephanie to his solo setlist because he thought she might like it etc. Basically I think he was trying to kiss her butt to get her to do an album but it didn't work and I'm sure he started getting very frustrated.
[/B]

That you for posting those quotes. That is very interesting. It seems like he tried so hard to make her happy. Makes me think that what happened may be much more than we realize. Why would she make comment about wanting to spend rest of her life happy? Also makes me wonder that a change of scenery and perhaps change of producer she had with Dave Stewart, he was able to pull something out of her that Lindsey has not. In Your Dreams is my favorite album of hers and has some of my favorite songs of hers.

- LB
Old 06-10-2018, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That you for posting those quotes. That is very interesting. It seems like he tried so hard to make her happy. Makes me think that what happened may be much more than we realize. Why would she make comment about wanting to spend rest of her life happy? Also makes me wonder that a change of scenery and perhaps change of producer she had with Dave Stewart, he was able to pull something out of her that Lindsey has not. In Your Dreams is my favorite album of hers and has some of my favorite songs of hers.
You're welcome!
I think he really tried for a while but she remained so adamantly against recording that he started getting fed up and more problems began again. And then with the BuckVie album/tour, I don't think she was crazy about the fact that that happened and then Tom's death and everything.
I'm not a big fan of some of Dave's production on IYD but it's very obvious she loved the album and loved making it. I think she just felt very comfortable in the environment with him, which is remarkable considering that it took them a full year. Even if she and Lindsey were getting along splendidly I don't think she could ever feel that comfortable and happy around him for an entire year because of all the dramatic past between them.
That's why I wonder what the heck happened to Dave and why it seems like he's not even relevant in her world anymore. She was soooo crazy about him and raved and raved about how much she loved working with him. And now she hasn't mentioned him in years as far as I know.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Where exactly did I say that Lindsey isn't a good producer? I said that Lindsey is a producer that likes to control every detail and likes to take a long time to produce his records and some people (Stevie) find this exhausting.
He would drive me up the wall if I had to work with him in the studio, to be sure. But he wasn't merely a producer for that band. He was a songwriter and the lead guitarist, and he was the only one in the band who had much expertise with orchestration. He was George Martin and Paul McCartney and possibly John Lennon all rolled into one. He was the only one in the band who spent painstaking hours mastering recording technology, studying classic tracks by taking them apart and observing their components, and exploring new technology (like the Fairlight) for use with Fleetwood Mac. None of the other four were interested in sonics. It's natural that the band turned over a lot of the studio crafting to him, certainly the reins for building demos into finished tracks. He was the perfect svengali for Fleetwood Mac's non-live approach.

But for Mirage, he had to back off or dial it all down. They told him there would be no more band fragmentation in the building of tracks, no more recording his own bass or drums or keyboards at home and then using those recordings in the finished product.

For Tango, he was forced by circumstance to exert more control than on Mirage. Stevie and John weren't around, and Mick was baked all day. Only Christine and Richard worked with him on a sustained basis to get that album finished, and they all had to employ all manner of tricks to fake the sound of a whole band participating fully.

It's important to remember that Stevie has had major problems with several of her solo producers. Many of those relationships have gone sour for some reasons we know and many we don't: Iovine, Glyn Johns, Rupert Hine, etc. I think Stevie has a sensitive gag reflex in the studio, maybe because she's not as self-confident as she could be.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-10-2018, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey was/is a control freak in the studio. But that's the kind of person you need in order to get the sound from good to distinctive. Each of FM's albums under his direction has a unique SOUND, even if the sound differs from record to record. I don't always love his choices but they serve a purpose: studio-wise, FM with LB doesn't sound like a run-of-the-mill band. That's something.

One of the things I've always hated about LB's Tusk songs is that he doesn't allow the other two singers to sing on them. The Tusk tour rehearsal version of "Save Me A Place" is exciting because of their harmonies. As much as his 1000 voice dubs sounds cool, it sounds so much better with the full band participation. I think the same way about the instrumentation on "What Makes You Think..."

I don't think any of the band has ever played on any version of "Big Love."
Old 06-10-2018, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

One of the things I've always hated about LB's Tusk songs is that he doesn't allow the other two singers to sing on them. The Tusk tour rehearsal version of "Save Me A Place" is exciting because of their harmonies. As much as his 1000 voice dubs sounds cool, it sounds so much better with the full band participation. I think the same way about the instrumentation on "What Makes You Think..."

Yes, I agree with that. It was like his songs on Tusk were his solo songs with no other input from any other member. I remember that was the first thing I noticed when I first listened to the Tusk album. Then, of course, on CMV and SN songs he's singing background, sharing vocals etc. That's fine because I love the Tusk album. But it's apparent on Tusk he was already in the "solo" state of mind.

- LB
Old 06-10-2018, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
He would drive me up the wall if I had to work with him in the studio, to be sure. But he wasn't merely a producer for that band. He was a songwriter and the lead guitarist, and he was the only one in the band who had much expertise with orchestration. He was George Martin and Paul McCartney and possibly John Lennon all rolled into one. He was the only one in the band who spent painstaking hours mastering recording technology, studying classic tracks by taking them apart and observing their components, and exploring new technology (like the Fairlight) for use with Fleetwood Mac. None of the other four were interested in sonics. It's natural that the band turned over a lot of the studio crafting to him, certainly the reins for building demos into finished tracks. He was the perfect svengali for Fleetwood Mac's non-live approach.

But for Mirage, he had to back off or dial it all down. They told him there would be no more band fragmentation in the building of tracks, no more recording his own bass or drums or keyboards at home and then using those recordings in the finished product.

For Tango, he was forced by circumstance to exert more control than on Mirage. Stevie and John weren't around, and Mick was baked all day. Only Christine and Richard worked with him on a sustained basis to get that album finished, and they all had to employ all manner of tricks to fake the sound of a whole band participating fully.

It's important to remember that Stevie has had major problems with several of her solo producers. Many of those relationships have gone sour for some reasons we know and many we don't: Iovine, Glyn Johns, Rupert Hine, etc. I think Stevie has a sensitive gag reflex in the studio, maybe because she's not as self-confident as she could be.
This was so well said.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I agree with that. It was like his songs on Tusk were his solo songs with no other input from any other member. I remember that was the first thing I noticed when I first listened to the Tusk album. Then, of course, on CMV and SN songs he's singing background, sharing vocals etc. That's fine because I love the Tusk album. But it's apparent on Tusk he was already in the "solo" state of mind.
I always have had the feeling that he was already going in a quite more modern, experimental and fresh and new direction, by the time it was time to make Tusk. He was already listening to The Clash, Talking Heads, Punk, Two-Tone, all the great musical stuff that was happening starting in the late seventies in England and Germany (and maybe in the US too, I cannot speak from experience there, not yet living here then). And it influenced his writing and orchestration I am certain. I also think the rest of the band was not ready to, or into, venturing outside their borders. So it may well be that that caused the huge disconnect, and maybe the others had no idea what to add to those songs. It's interesting that Lindsey did still sing background on theirs, ( and of course he played guitar ) but I sometimes wonder if he did it also to enhance cohesiveness between his songs and theirs.
In any event, Tusk is one of my favorite albums of all time, by any artist, dichotomy or no. It's fresh sounding and not at all dated to this day. IMHO.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

Absolutely agree. I remember when I got the "Tusk" super deluxe edition and hearing "I Know I'm Not Wrong (11/2/78 version)" with Stevie doing harmonies and I was blown away that that was not the version to make it onto the album. So much more interesting and energized.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightback View Post
Absolutely agree. I remember when I got the "Tusk" super deluxe edition and hearing "I Know I'm Not Wrong (11/2/78 version)" with Stevie doing harmonies and I was blown away that that was not the version to make it onto the album. So much more interesting and energized.
Oh boy, and I am of the opinion that Stevie wrecks that great song completely, and her vocals are not at all suited to that song. It just goes to show you, different tastes make the world go round