User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It's easy to tell a Mac diehard from everybody else. There are "those questions," ya know?

While I'm not interested in Neil Finn's music (I listened to Try Whistling This and other albums on Spotify to give it a chance), maybe someone can tell me why Finn's Wikipedia page says:

On 9 April 2018, it was announced that Finn would perform with Fleetwood Mac as part of their forthcoming tour in 2018, replacing Lindsey Buckingham.

Isn't that a weird way to say it? Finn officially joined, right? I also see he put out a solo album a few months ago. Does he plan to support it? I'm getting the impression he is in Fleetwood temporarily or on some sort of contingency. Is that the wrong impression? Is he going to take off after the 2018 tour? And Lord knows what Mike Campbell is going to do. His soul seems devoted to roots and blues (not pop), and I can't see Fleetwood Mac reinventing its music the way it did in the past. The great Mike Campbell couldn't possibly enjoy playing Rhiannon and You Make Loving Fun and Don't Stop every night for the next few years, unless he's lost his mind.

Then again, I might be totally wrong (I know, right). I never would have imagined that the blues-loving Rick Vito would have felt at home doing Stevie Nicks songs. But there he was, in 1994, joining her touring band (and doing good work, too). So who knows whether Campbell will stick around.
I think Finn and Campbell know full well they will/could get the boot at any time should cooler heads ever prevail and someone/where in the realm of the self inflated egos of the remaining members of the Rumours 5 somehow convince LB to ever give them the time of day ever again to actually do a proper farewell tour.....well Mike and Neil--buh bye.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
maybe someone can tell me why Finn's Wikipedia page says:

On 9 April 2018, it was announced that Finn would perform with Fleetwood Mac as part of their forthcoming tour in 2018, replacing Lindsey Buckingham.

Isn't that a weird way to say it? Finn officially joined, right?
It is weird, but I don’t have a lot of faith in the people who decide how that page is updated. I tried to put TPATH and D&B as related acts, but was told that two members had to be a part of it to be considered an associated act. Never got an answer as to how, based on that rule, Chicken Shack was deemed worthy to be listed.

Quote:
I also see he put out a solo album a few months ago. Does he plan to support it?
It’s a duet album with his son (and features Mick), it came out about two weeks ago, and he’s doing some shows in Europe while Fleetwood Mac is on break between legs.

Quote:
I'm getting the impression he is in Fleetwood temporarily or on some sort of contingency. Is that the wrong impression? Is he going to take off after the 2018 tour?
The longevity of this lineup remains to be seen. Neil and Mike have both said they were in it for the long haul, although it was a little less than convincing. But, what else would they have said? They could easily make worthwhile contributions to the band, but I’m almost as impressed as I am depressed by the uncanny ability of Fleetwood Mac to blow opportunities.

Quote:
And Lord knows what Mike Campbell is going to do. His soul seems devoted to roots and blues (not pop), and I can't see Fleetwood Mac reinventing its music the way it did in the past. The great Mike Campbell couldn't possibly enjoy playing Rhiannon and You Make Loving Fun and Don't Stop every night for the next few years, unless he's lost his mind.
I don’t know about that. He co-wrote songs like “Heart of the Matter” and “Boys of Summer,” and says Kiln House is his favorite Fleetwood Mac album, so there’s at least some connection to pop for him. He’ll also be able to scratch his roots/blues itch with the Peter Green songs. Fleetwood Mac seems like a good fit for him.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-09-2018, 06:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
If it is to be believed I accidentally ran across a FB page that seems authentic and it says that Fleetwood Mac will have ten television appearances before the tour even starts. Says for us to listen carefully to the opening theme of American Horror Story for a special treat from Stevie. It's a wait and see and it all starts in 3 days on the Ellen show.
Does this fb pg still mention these promotional shows? Seems like time is getting short.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlynow View Post
Does this fb pg still mention these promotional shows? Seems like time is getting short.
Just that one quote. Nothing else new has been reported by them.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Just that one quote. Nothing else new has been reported by them.
Cool, thx for checking!