The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good work! Ok, well I still appreciate Steve Winwood's work on One In A Million - haha!
Old 07-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Good work! Ok, well I still appreciate Steve Winwood's work on One In A Million - haha!
I know my Chris trivia!!! Even if I am wearing a stupid fukcing shirt!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've only recently come to appreciate Billy's sweet voice(I totally mean this as a complete compliment....I think Christine has a sweet voice. Very SOOTHING), after finally getting hooked on Mick's I'm Not Me. Billy's voice is wonderful on INM.
I like Billy, as well. I'm not saying that I love every song he's ever done, but the ones that are great are Really Great. The not-so-great ones, well, it's like he's trying to overdo something that has already been overdone....
Old 07-19-2010, 01:16 PM

Hey dodfather...

I love Ask Anybody.. sure it's 80's.. but it's gotta a beautiful melody, it's romantic, and the outro makes me feel all warm inside... I love Winwoods interpretation of Christine's lyrics because he puts a beautiful synth solo there and excercised great control. It's a song about loving someone that everyone else thinks is crazy...

This is a great album to discuss because had Christine broke out of the "3rd player" role for a while. Even tho she had the most hits out of the 3...

Smile I Live For is very powerful
Got A Hold On Me is solid pop
Love Will Show Us How great tune
Challenge is cool
One in a Million.. great jam
Keeping Secrets cool riffs..

I agree w/ David on the production.. and even the arrangements.. needs more bridges in places and less hooks.. kind of like Little Lies.. where Christine and Lindsey always overdo the repeating...
Old 07-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I don't think it's boring, but when I listen to it, something always seems to be missing from it, even though I can't figure out what it is. Anyone else have any ideas??
I know what you mean. I like the album but it's not quite right. I think it might be that to me it sounds like a Christine/Todd Sharp album not a Christine album.

I prefer In the Meantime

Gail
Old 07-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This album NEVER gets old for me. I particularly love So Excited. Its just got a happy, tap your foot vibe.
Was in Rite-Aid yesterday, and heard her on the radio there. Something from In the Meantime, and damnit, I couldn't tell you what song, but it was nice to hear something of Chris' solo. Just another of those random wha-wha-whats?????

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 07-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To me, "I'm The One" is the best track on the album ("The Smile I Live For" is close second). I really like Todd Sharp's guitar tone throughout the album.

I like the song "The Challenge", and, as most of you know, I'm probably one of the biggest Clapton fans on the planet, as well; BUT, this solo isn't one of his best. Sounds like Chris called him, he dropped by and after about 4 bottles of wine between the two of them, plugged into the smallest amp in the studio, and what they have on tape is what he was noodling around with when they played the song through the first time. No thought, no real "feel"...just kind of half-assed. (VERY similar to that crap of a solo he did on Stephen Bishop's "Save It For A Rainy Day" song)

"One In A Million": one of my faves from the album. Sounds a bit like it could be a Paris-era Bob Welch tune. Always have liked just about anything Steve Winwood has done. Steve & Christine should work together more often....they're a great pair.

Was just listening to Behind The Mask last night. "When The Sun Goes Down" is probably the 2nd best song on the album (behind "In The Back Of My Mind"), and one of the best songs in the HISTORY of Fleetwood Mac. It's really a great collaboration by ALL of Fleetwood Mac on that one. Billy & Rick trading lead vocals, Christine & Stevie adding backgrounds & harmonies. GREAT arrangement. "Country"?? Hell no. You can't tell the difference between "Country" & "Zydeco"??? What's wrong with you?

Last edited by chiliD; 07-19-2010 at 02:16 PM..
Old 07-19-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
To me, "I'm The One" is the best track on the album ("The Smile I Live For" is close second). I really like Todd Sharp's guitar tone throughout the album.

I like the song "The Challenge", and, as most of you know, I'm probably one of the biggest Clapton fans on the planet, as well; BUT, this solo isn't one of his best. Sounds like Chris called him, he dropped by and after about 4 bottles of wine between the two of them, plugged into the smallest amp in the studio, and what they have on tape is what he was noodling around with when they played the song through the first time. No thought, no real "feel"...just kind of half-assed. (VERY similar to that crap of a solo he did on Stephen Bishop's "Save It For A Rainy Day" song)

"One In A Million": one of my faves from the album. Sounds a bit like it could be a Paris-era Bob Welch tune. Always have liked just about anything Steve Winwood has done. Steve & Christine should work together more often....they're a great pair.

Was just listening to Behind The Mask last night. "When The Sun Goes Down" is probably the 2nd best song on the album (behind "In The Back Of My Mind"), and one of the best songs in the HISTORY of Fleetwood Mac. It's really a great collaboration by ALL of Fleetwood Mac on that one. Billy & Rick trading lead vocals, Christine & Stevie adding backgrounds & harmonies. GREAT arrangement. "Country"?? Hell no. You can't tell the difference between "Country" & "Zydeco"??? What's wrong with you?
I like both kinds of music.. country and western... lol
Old 07-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Compared to In The Meantime, I love the 1984 album. On it's own? Compared to the Christine Perfect album? Not a fan. The only thing more painful than the album was the taped concert.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Never posted in here before, never thought to but I've just discovered how much I love Chris' song Got a Hold on Me. It's a gem with lots of soul. I even downloaded it from iTunes. JTIS. Peace from the Stevie forum.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorites are The Challenge, Love Will Show Us How & Ask Anybody.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I'm glad to hear someone else say that Christine and Steve Winwood should work together more often. I've always felt that way, too!! I have always hoped they'd put out a whole album of songs they wrote together! I guess I can dream!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I'm glad to hear someone else say that Christine and Steve Winwood should work together more often. I've always felt that way, too!! I have always hoped they'd put out a whole album of songs they wrote together! I guess I can dream!
I'll third that... I love both of these artists.. I've seen Steve Winwood about 5 times over the last 7 years..
Old 07-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That would be an amazing album!!
Old 07-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'll third that... I love both of these artists.. I've seen Steve Winwood about 5 times over the last 7 years..
He played a double bill with Carlos Santana, in Indy, a couple of weeks ago. My cousin went, and said Steve only played 4 or 5 songs. Less than 30 minutes. She was really disappointed.