Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:56 AM

Default This is AWESOME

Quote:
Mr. Pistons Leather contest

Quote:
Next month I'm doing an even bigger contest, and my friend will be there. So now I need to figure out a way to sneak in a really good line just to see if he's paying attention.
What about Races are run: "Some people win, some people always have to lose..."
You could sneak it about a really good contestant that doesn't deserves to lose but have to lose anyway because you already chose the perfect Mr. Pistons (I love this name).
Old 02-05-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post

Rumours has sold 20 millions to date?!
I love this!
Old 02-05-2015, 10:28 AM

Hear Rockabye Baby! Version of Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Don’t Stop’ – Exclusive Premiere
by Jeff Giles February 5, 2015 9:11 AM

Fleetwood Mac could reach a whole new generation of fans this month without even trying.
The band is being honored with their own installment of the wildly popular Rockabye Baby! series, which has soundtracked nurseries around the globe with gentle instrumental versions of hits by artists as varied as the Beatles, Kanye West, Madonna, and Guns N’ Roses. ‘Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of Fleetwood Mac’ arrives Feb. 10, and you can check out the new, toddler-approved version of the band’s classic ‘Don’t Stop’ via the video embed above.
The Mac’s ‘Lullaby Renditions’ disc leans heavily on the group’s blockbuster ’70s period, which brought Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks into the fold and produced the landmark ‘Rumours‘ LP — but instead of that album’s layered, immaculately produced sound, it relies on what a press release describes as “a soothing palate of xylophones, marimbas, wood blocks, bells and more.”
Check it out above, and take a look at the complete track listing below. The album is available for pre-order now for the budding Fleetwood Mac fan in your home.
‘Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of Fleetwood Mac’ track listing
‘Go Your Own Way’
‘Don’t Stop’
‘Everywhere’
‘Say You Love Me’
‘Rhiannon’
‘Little Lies’
‘The Chain’
‘Gold Dust Woman’
‘You Make Loving Fun’
‘Never Going Back Again’
‘Dreams’
‘Gypsy’
‘Landslide’

Read More: Hear Rockabye Baby! Version of Fleetwood Mac's 'Don't Stop' - Exclusive Premiere | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rocka...ckback=tsmclip
Old 02-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Grand Coulee, the Star, February 5, 2015

http://www.grandcoulee.com/story/201...life/5277.html

10 Bands that Influenced my Life

Fleetwood Mac. I don’t remember the first time I heard that sound but the voice of Stevie Nicks has always taken hold of me and drawn me near. I have had many discussions with others over the years, Dave Schmidt being one. We all agree that Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks is one of those bands that covers all generations. Their sound is a one of a kind jam that makes you want to sing and let loose. Nick’s voice is the bar that all other female singers try to reach. A smoky, soulful sound that makes any song better.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:26 AM

Default Since in a week it's Valentine's day...

I find it really amusing that a Fleetwood Mac song is present both in the best Love songs and Anti-Love songs:

Top 10 Love Songs
by Michael Gallucci

Love songs have been around ever since people starting writing songs. After all, it’s a universal subject. But to make our list of the Top 10 Love Songs, cuts had to, well, cut deep into our hearts, saying things that might be a bit difficult to put into our own words (and you don’t even want to hear the melodies we’d attach those words to). And it just so happens that some of our all-time favorite artists are behind these eternal love songs. So cuddle up next to your sweetie and check it out.

‘You’re My Best Friend’
Queen

Queen bassist John Deacon wrote ‘You’re My Best Friend’ for his wife, but its heartfelt message of love makes it one of the band's most enduring, and universal, songs. It's also one of the most straightforward songs in the group's catalog, featuring a winning vocal by Freddie Mercury and a bouncy Wurlitzer (played by Deacon) driving the melody. It followed 'Bohemian Rhapsody' into the Top 20.

‘You Make Loving Fun’
Fleetwood Mac

Fleetwood Mac's monumental 'Rumours' album was brimming with relationship problems. Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks were ending theirs, and the marriage between John and Christine McVie was also on the rocks. It all made for one of the greatest breakup albums ever created. But there was some hope in Christine McVie's 'You Make Loving Fun,' written about her affair with the band's lighting director. John probably loved playing this one night after night ...

‘Just the Way You Are’
Billy Joel

Billy Joel wrote 'Just the Way You Are' for his wife, who was also his manager at the time. After they divorced, he resisted playing the song in concert and insisted he never really liked it. Hard to believe, since it helped break Joel commercially after he spent the first two-thirds of the '70s struggling as both a live performer and a recording artist. It ended up as one of the decade's quintessential love songs.

‘In Your Eyes’
Peter Gabriel

Even before John Cusack lifted that boombox over his head in 'Say Anything ...,' Peter Gabriel's 'In Your Eyes' was a pretty great love song. On an album filled with sweeping, timeless tracks, 'So''s original side-two opener stands out for a number of reasons. It features one of Gabriel's best-ever vocals, for starters, and its hook builds over a graceful five and a half minutes. Plus, Senegalese singer Youssou N'Dour provides some soaring relief on the chorus. One of the '80s' best love songs.

'Thank You'
Led Zeppelin

The mere thought of a love song written by the guys who delivered the hammer of the gods to hundreds of groupies sounds ludicrous. But there, buried on their great second album, is Robert Plant's lovely valentine to his wife. "If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you / When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me" -- pretty heavy stuff, even if it's not quite as epic as the Tolkien fantasy worlds he often got lost in.

'Wild Horses'
The Rolling Stones

Even though it didn't crack the Top 25 as a single, 'Wild Horses' remains one of the Rolling Stones' most popular songs. It's certainly one of their greatest love songs, a mournful country-influenced number penned by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. The song showed up on the Stones' 1971 album 'Sticky Fingers,' but it wasn't the first version released. Richards' pal Gram Parsons covered the song on his band the Flying Burrito Brothers' album a year earlier. It's pretty good too.

‘Maybe I’m Amazed’
Paul McCartney

Paul McCartney's debut solo album from 1970 is filled with weird, fractured moments. Recorded while the Beatles were still a band, 'McCartney' plays more like a set of skeletal frames and early-stage song ideas than a collection of real tunes. The exception is this terrific ballad, which McCartney wrote for his wife Linda. Six years after its release, the song was issued as a single in a live version from the album 'Wings Over America,' becoming a Top 10 hit. One of McCartney's greatest (and least silly) love songs.

‘God Only Knows’
The Beach Boys

Brian Wilson's greatest ballad anchors 'Pet Sounds,' the Beach Boys album that helped set the stage for both their creative rebirth and Wilson's descent into madness. It's a glorious love song that cascades over one of the most gorgeous melodies ever written. No wonder so many artists have covered 'God Only Knows' over the years. It's one of the 20th century's most remarkable musical achievements.

‘Your Song’
Elton John

Even with a few lyrical bumps ("If I was a sculptor, but then again, no ..." -- um, no), 'Your Song' is one of the purest expressions of love ever committed to song. Reportedly, John and Bernie Taupin wrote the song in less than 30 minutes, but its timeless appeal makes it one of the era's most enduring hits. It also became the first of John's long string of Top 10 singles.

'Something'
The Beatles

The Beatles' greatest love song, and one of their all-time best, 'Something' wasn't even written by the two guys responsible for most of their hits. George Harrison was inspired by fellow Apple Records' artist James Taylor's 'Something in the Way She Moves,' which gave the Beatles' song its opening line. Harrison claimed the song wasn't written for his wife at the time, remaining cagey about its subject throughout his life. Whomever it's about, 'Something' remains one of the greatest declarations of love ever written, and one of the most covered love songs of the past 50 years.

Read More: Top 10 Love Songs | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/love-...ckback=tsmclip

Top 10 Anti-Love Songs
by Annie Zaleski

New Line Cinema
As this list of the Top 10 Anti-Love Songs proves, Valentine’s Day is either a day to celebrate your significant other, or it’s your worst nightmare, if your relationship situation is not what you’d like it to be. The following songs are sympathetic to the latter scenario, whether they deal with scorned lovers, terrible breakups or anyone simply unlucky in love.

‘Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right’
Bob Dylan

This oft-covered song is a folk classic -- and it’s also an early example of that classic biting Bob Dylan wit, making it one of our Top 10 Anti-Love Songs. Throughout the tune, the title phrase is interpreted as passive-aggressive, resigned and sad. By the end, however, Dylan delivers the phrase with more than a little bitterness: “I ain't sayin' you treated me unkind / You could have done better but I don't mind / You just kinda wasted my precious time / But don't think twice, it's all right.” Hell hath no fury like a bard scorned.
Hear 'Don't Think Twice, It's All Right'

cover
‘So Lonely’
The Police

Look up the phrase “self-pitying” in the dictionary, and chances are the protagonist of this reggae-tinged song from the Police will be pictured. Need (melodramatic) proof? How about lyrics such as, “In this theatre that I call my soul / I always play the starring role, so lonely”? Or how about Sting’s anguished vamping on the titular phrase near the end of the tune? Either way, one (obvious) thing’s for sure: There’s no love present in the world of ‘So Lonely.’

‘You’re Breaking My Heart’
Harry Nilsson

Harry Nilsson remains one of the most influential singer-songwriters around, and it’s easy to see why, judging by ‘You’re Breaking My Heart.’ The anger is palpable in this throes-of-a-breakup song, judging by the jarring profanity and descriptions of a violent breakup (e.g., broken glasses). As with other Nilsson tunes, however, this ire is delivered cheerfully, with rollicking piano and almost whimsical instrumentation setting a deceptively sweet tone.

‘I Hate Myself For Loving You’
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

A Billboard Top 10 hit, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts' ‘I Hate Myself For Loving You’ oozes with self-loathing. See, the main character is ticked because although her man is a flaky cheater, she “can’t break free from the things” he does. Even better are the song’s roaring arena riffs, splashy hand claps and wicked contributions from ex-Rolling Stones guitarist Mick Taylor, which combine for a bubblegum-rock gem.

‘You’re No Good’
Van Halen

Made famous by Linda Ronstadt in 1975, ‘You’re No Good’ turned into a hard rock creeper in the hands of Van Halen. The first track on ‘Van Halen II,’ this cover smolders with stoner riffs, ominous harmonies and David Lee Roth squeals. While it’s inarguable that the person discussed is a dud as a date, Van Halen’s sleazy version clearly wants to make sure listeners realize just how bad this person truly is.

‘Love Stinks’
J. Geils Band

J. Geils and Co. are pragmatic about romance -- after all, it just “stinks,” not anything more serious, and it’s ended up that way because the protagonist is pining after a lady who doesn’t even love him back. That approach meshes well with the song’s loopy organ, pub-drunk harmonies and rather cartoonish intonations of the song’s title, “Love stinks.” In the end, Geils isn’t heartbroken -- he’s merely shrugging his shoulders.

‘What It Takes’
Aerosmith

Steven Tyler spends this spawling Aerosmith song trying desperately to shake off the dogged memory of an ex. “Girl, before I met you, I was F-I-N-E, fine / But your love made me a prisoner, yeah, my heart’s been doing time,” he moans in the second verse, which is tame when compared to the pleading chorus: “Tell me what it takes to let you go / Tell me how the pain’s supposed to go.” ‘What It Takes’ hits the mark musically as well, between its bluesy bar-band swagger, sorrow-wobbled solo and tiny dab of pop glitz -- making it one of our Top 10 Anti-Love Songs.

‘Go Your Own Way’
Fleetwood Mac

The Lindsey Buckingham-Stevie Nicks romantic drama was well in progress by the time Fleetwood Mac's ‘Rumours’ came out. One of the best -- if not the most enduring -- documents of that saga is this Buckingham-penned tune, ‘Go Your Own Way.’ The song’s lyrics capture the bittersweet push-pull of a relationship that’s not quite balanced - a situation made all the more poignant (and complicated) by the fact that the doomed pair are bandmates.

‘Love Bites’
Def Leppard

Def Leppard’s only Billboard singles chart-topper is an emotionally conflicted power ballad. On the one hand, the song describes irresistible magnetism: “I don't wanna touch you too much baby / 'Cause making love to you might drive me crazy.” But if you read between the lines, ‘Love Bites’ is actually a fatal attraction: “Watch out, love bites /Yes it does / It will be hell.” Mutt Lange’s gigantic production only magnifies the song’s drama, from Joe Elliott’s tortured vocal turn to the gargantuan guitars.

‘Love Hurts’
Nazareth

Love shouldn’t be painful, right? Wrong, say Nazareth in this monstrous 1975 hit, which tops our list of the Top 10 Anti-Love Songs. Love is a total bitch: It hurts, it scars, it burns, it’s a lie -- heck, it’s even a rain-filled cloud. Frontman Dan McCafferty underscores the emotion’s putrid nature with his agony-twisted vocals, while the song’s understated guitar noodling and drumming get out of his way - as if intuitively understanding that this catharsis is something McCafferty needs to achieve on his own.

Read More: Top 10 Anti-Love Songs | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/anti-...ckback=tsmclip
Old 02-10-2015, 09:24 AM

Default This has really a stupid title...

Rock Stars Who Dated

Rock has always dealt with the complexities of love, but as our gallery of Rock Stars Who Dated shows, sometimes, it gets personal. Click through for a sampling of couples that turned their passion for music into a passion for one another.
In some cases (as with Blondie, Wings and Pat Benatar), these relationships provide a foundation for every success that followed. For others (Fleetwood Mac, for instance), the act of breaking up seemed to work as a creative catalyst. Some stood the test of time (John Lennon and Yoko Ono, Talking Heads‘ rhythm section), while others give us hope for making it work in a modern era (Bruce Springsteen). Then there are some that never made any sense in the first place (hello there, Gregg Allman and Cher).
You can check it all out above.

Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham

Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks, friends since high school, were dating when they joined Fleetwood Mac in 1975. Their subsequent breakup helped spark the band's biggest-ever album, 'Rumours.'

Read More: Rock Stars Who Dated | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rock-...ckback=tsmclip
Old 02-12-2015, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From Boulder Weekly, February 12, 2015 by Joel Dyer

[interview with Jorma Kaukonen]

http://www.boulderweekly.com/article...n-another.html

“But really for me,” he continues, “the exciting stuff as a band — aside from the hits that got us into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame — was what we did on stage. We were all experimenting, a lot of stuff was happening. To be able to [continually] create that excitement was hard. No disrespect to anyone, but we didn’t have a string of hits like the Eagles or Fleetwood Mac. They got to just play their songs. To me, our [Airplane] songs were about the interaction. There’s the personality of it, and I believe that can’t be replicated.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From an article about romantic mixed tapes:

DIY Mag, 2-14/2005

http://diymag.com/2015/02/14/the-rom...tape-from-hell

The Beatles have the same effect – there’s not a single Beatles song you could put on this that wouldn’t be ultimately wrong, and that’s not because they’re bad, it’s just because it’s super predictable. They’ve gone from being obvious, to being sort of hip again, then back to being obvious. It’s the trajectory Fleetwood Mac are on just now; they’ll be back in your Uncle’s record collection, gathering dust, by 2016.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Lady Antebellum on why they won't be FM]

by Alison Bonaguro 2/27/2015 CMT

http://www.cmt.com/news/1751038/why-...fleetwood-mac/

At one of the many panels at this week’s Country Radio Seminar in Nashville, Lady Antebellum had chance to share their secret for getting along. The presentation was titled “How 3 Become 1: Lady Antebellum.”

And one of the biggest lessons they’ve learned in their nine years as a successful country band is how not to end up like Fleetwood Mac.

Lady A’s Dave Haywood admitted he, Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott decided early on that this kind of infighting wouldn’t happen to them.

“We’ve all seen that on Behind the Music, but we decided we’re not gonna do that,” he said of Fleetwood Mac’s reputation for their members’ tumultuous relationships on and off the stage. “If we’re gonna do this, it has to be where we love doing it, we love each other, we respect each other.”

Kelley added his perspective on how they all stay so conflict-free.

“Everybody has different backgrounds in how they approach conflict and communication,” he said. “I tend to say what’s on my mind. Dave soaks up everything, and after everybody says their peace, he says something clever. Hillary’s somewhere in the middle.

“If you’re working as a team, everybody has a different process. Let people be who they are.”

And Scott, who doesn’t seem like she has a mean bone in her body, talked about the way she stays calm, cool and collected even when she might be a little fightin’ mad.

“In any work situation, there are parts of you that you have to temper down every now and then,” she said. “You don’t want continuous flare-ups. You have to be together a lot. Do you want to be right or be happy?”
Old 03-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[from a Manila article about cars]

http://www.manilatimes.net/the-phili...n-2014/166640/

Through the years, Filipinos have developed a deep relationship with the automobile, and as Mick Fleetwood (co-founder of the rock band Fleetwood Mac) said,” People’s lives become entangled with the lives of their cars; they hold memories and symbolize so much!”
Old 03-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From an interview with Nick Frost in the Miami Hurricane]

http://www.themiamihurricane.com/201...shed-business/

TMH: Do you have any fun behind-the-scenes stories from filming that you can share?

NF: No not really, we just have a laugh. It’s not like there is one thing and we all have a laugh. Literally everyday we have just great fun. We got taken to see Fleetwood Mac one night in Berlin only because they did a four hour set and I know only one Fleetwood Mac song. About an hour in I whispered to Dave Franco ‘maybe we should leave,’ but Vince caught us trying to leave and we had to stay there for the rest of the concert.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Bill Dugan talks Alzheimer's]

“Not only would I be unable to remember any content, but I would most likely begin talking to you about my days in the Navy or my dog, Clancy, or the time I spent touring with the music group Fleetwood Mac (as tour manager). I believe my memory of events from the past is still good,” Dugan said. “But if you were to ask me what I ate for breakfast this morning or what day this is or if there was traffic on the road getting here, I could not tell you.” - See more at: http://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/ne....DG10Fl5w.dpuf
Old 03-11-2015, 08:39 AM

London Grammar's new music is "a cross between Pocahontas and Fleetwood Mac"

Australian tour favourites London Grammar are currently doing another lap of the country in support of debut album If You Wait but revealed to triple j they've been plotting a follow-up.

Speaking to Matt and Alex on Breakfast today, vocalist Hannah Reid revealed there's fresh tunes in the pipeline.

"We've got some new music; we've got quite a lot actually," she said.

"We can't really play it right now but you guys will probably be one of the first to know, I'm sure."

So what is the lush London trio's new stuff sounding like?

"A cross between Pocahontas and Fleetwood Mac," according to Hannah.

"This is genuinely what Hannah said to me the other day," guitarist Dan Rothman added.

"She's like 'I've been thinking about the new songs we've been doing and what we're going to be doing when we get home and I really think it's going to be like a cross between Pocahontas and Fleetwood Mac."

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s4194572.htm
Old 03-15-2015, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Buckingham Nicks #2

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-famous...uy-anymore_p2/
Old 03-16-2015, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[This letter was in response to a whimsical "Final Four Music Madness Bracket" that listed FM as a 16 seed]

Fleetwood Mac 16 seed a mirage?

http://www.news-gazette.com/opinion/...ed-mirage.html

Mon, 03/16/2015 - 7:00am | The News-Gazette

As we all know, this time of year, everyone is filling out brackets, and everyone is picking their seeds.

But I have to massively disagree with some of the seedings that The News-Gazette has come up with. In the March 12 edition, the staff made Fleetwood Mac a 16 seed in its Music Madness Bracket!

I was at that concert, and I don't know how any other concert could have filled so many seats.

But to make them a 16 seed and pair them against Farm Aid, which should have been disqualified by the NCAA (National Collegiate Artistic Acts) as being more of a showcase "event" and not really a concert, and using a range of players who had long since gone legendary and used up their collegiate eligibility, is beyond me.

Farm Aid was of course going to win. It was the best and should only be compared to Woodstock or Lolapalooza or the like.

But to put Fleetwood Mac at a 16 against Farm Aid guaranteed them a loss. At least Bruce Springsteen was able to go a couple of rounds, as were The Moody Blues.

But where was Heart? Do they not even rate now? Or Crosby, Stiills and Nash? Did they lose their Conference Tournaments or what? (At least you kept Jethro Tull in there somewhere.)

ROBERT PICKLESIMER

Sidney