User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I cordially invite you to revisit the second half of my post--ie the part where I quoted your good self.

(Edit) Sorry, maybe the word "character" was too normatively loaded. I just meant "modus operandi."
I don't know what his ability to put on a performance has to do with the merits of his lawsuit. My point was that he is in firm control in front of an audience, which doesn't always come across as genuine, let alone believable.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I don't know what his ability to put on a performance has to do with the merits of his lawsuit. My point was that he is in firm control in front of an audience, which doesn't always come across as genuine, let alone believable.
Ok. I thought your point carried across perfectly to all his appearances in the public domain or on the public record--interviews, speeches, public court filings... anything in "the eyes of the world."
Old 10-17-2018, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't discount his account outright since we haven't heard FM's side of the story. However, based on what I have read, a lot of things just don't compute, i.e., this notion that the band ditched Lindsey for absolutely no reason at all. There has to be a reason.
Didn't we already get their reasons? They went on TV and said that they couldn't delay their tour like Lindsey was asking them. That seemed to be their only main complaint (publicly) and I don't remember them mentioning more.

Clearly Lindsey disagrees with this assertion, as his court filing suggests. But, unless I've missed something, we've heard both sides already: FM says Lindsey wanted to delay they tour and they wanted to move on, while Lindsey says he agreed to tour while offering no direct speculation on the reason he was fired in the court filings.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Didn't we already get their reasons? They went on TV and said that they couldn't delay their tour like Lindsey was asking them. That seemed to be their only main complaint (publicly) and I don't remember them mentioning more.

Clearly Lindsey disagrees with this assertion, as his court filing suggests. But, unless I've missed something, we've heard both sides already: FM says Lindsey wanted to delay they tour and they wanted to move on, while Lindsey says he agreed to tour while offering no direct speculation on the reason he was fired in the court filings.
You are correct.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
You are correct.
Tony, may I calmly say, "They are going to tell another truth?"

there, I said it..

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-17-2018 at 12:12 PM..
Old 10-17-2018, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Tony, may I calmly say, "They are going to tell another truth?"

there, I said it..
Yes--you may say this, because that is what will happen. But we vigilant ones have been watching, keeping record.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-17-2018 at 12:13 PM..
Old 10-17-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Yes--you may say this, because that is what will happen. But we vigilant ones have been watching, keeping record.
I'm going to quickly disconnect my eyes from my brain.. hold on....

You people got a lot of nerve blaming her!!! I've been a fan for years and years!! ...connects eyes back to brain...

Oh wow!! That was awesome, Tony!! I felt high and had velvet coloured glasses.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-17-2018 at 12:17 PM..
Old 10-17-2018, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm going to quickly disconnect my eyes from my brain.. hold on....

You people got a lot of nerve blaming her!!! I've been a fan for years and years!! ...connects eyes back to brain...

Oh wow!! That was awesome, Tony!! I felt high and had velvet coloured glasses.
Ha! Your heart got a little wild there.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Ha! Your heart got a little wild there.
I snorted a little Bella Donna, too! I felt so pretty!
Old 10-17-2018, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because you and everyone else are clearly BFFs with Lindsey and you all know his character. So what is Lindsey's character, exactly?
I'm laughing at the stupidity of this post because there are no more gullible fans on this planet than Stevie's fans, who believe she loves them all and her fans are the most important thing in the world for her.

We're not Lindsey's BFF but we're also not drugged with fairy dust from some old witch who prays love and peace all the time and then throws the person that helped her become famous under the bus. That tells A LOT about her character.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 10-17-2018 at 02:39 PM..
Old 10-17-2018, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post

Not only he clearly disagrees but he also seems to be very comfortable with his truths and his actions. Therefore, he's suing them.

I don't see any member from the band debunking what Lindsey has said so far. Wonder why.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 10-17-2018, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I'm laughing at the stupidity of this post because there are no more gullible fans on this planet than Stevie's fans, who believe she loves them all and her fans are the most important thing on the world for her.

We're not Lindsey's BFF but we're also not drugged with fairy dust from some old witch who prays love and peace all the time and then throw the person that helped her become famous under the bus. That tells A LOT about her character.
NO ONE has ever summed up the essence of Chiffon better than this post!
Old 10-17-2018, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Right, because some journalist abducted Lindsey and forced him at knifepoint to tell all of the lurid, evil workings of the band that made him famous. Of course he had an agenda and the timing of his new greatest "hits" compilation, tour, lawsuit and interview seems more than a bit suspect to me. Since the world is not exactly waiting on his latest solo project, he probably figured, well, scandalous attention is better than no attention at all. Indeed, what were his true motivations?
His motivations? What was he supposed to do? Let his former bandmates get away with what they did. That's exactly what Mick and Stevie thought was gonna happen. Glad this man who once hosted Mick on his front yard when he went bankrupt is asking for his share. After all, he made the band famous.

Quote:
HA! In other words St. Kristen came into Lindsey's life and finally tamed the shrew. She probably has almost as big of an ego as Lindsey. The thing about Lindsey, and arguably one of his greatest strengths, is his ability to keep his s*** together in front of an audience (or in this case, a reporter). You can see all of the cogs and gears spinning around in his head very carefully and with precision - like a Rolex watch. Every word that leaves his mouth is stated with intention, every movement calculated, every gesture rehearsed. You can see that he does the same choreography in concert every night like a robot - every speech committed to memory, every leap, every stoop, every feigned expression of humility, every yelp. It is as creepy as it is awe-inspiring, to be quite honest. So of course he is going to articulate this well-rehearsed story for the media that paints him as the victim and Fleetwood Mac, particularly Mick and Stevie, as savagely brutal.

I don't discount his account outright since we haven't heard FM's side of the story. However, based on what I have read, a lot of things just don't compute, i.e., this notion that the band ditched Lindsey for absolutely no reason at all. There has to be a reason.
We aren't talking about the Gypsy story that we have been hearing for the past 15 years here. We're talking about Lindsey. Creepy indeed.

You're right, there was a reason for Lindsey's firing. He stated it in his lawsuit. He "smirked". That's what Azoff said to him. So, let's see how she denies what Azoff said.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I'm laughing at the stupidity of this post because there are no more gullible fans on this planet than Stevie's fans, who believe she loves them all and her fans are the most important thing in the world for her.

We're not Lindsey's BFF but we're also not drugged with fairy dust from some old witch who prays love and peace all the time and then throws the person that helped her become famous under the bus. That tells A LOT about her character.
Obsessed fans are obsessed fans. For every Stevie fan you’ve described, there is a Lindsey fan who is trying to cozy up to his wife on twitter or get close to Lindsey through his wife on Twitter or urge people to hold Team Lindsey signs at FM concerts, blindly accept everything he says as absolute truth, etc.

Last edited by Buster; 10-17-2018 at 03:02 PM..
Old 10-17-2018, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Obsessed fans are obsessed fans. For every Stevie fan you’ve described, there is a Lindsey fan who is trying to cozy up to his wife on twitter or get close to Lindsey through his wife on Twitter or urge people to hold Team Lindsey signs at FM concerts, blindly accept everything he says as absolute truth, etc.
For every KB there's a Karen somewhere.... ready to gaslight anyone who dares to put themselves between herself and her Master.