User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-01-2019, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
This is all so true. It feels very weird that I cannot, in good conscience, support the band. This is the first tour I've missed since the 1980s. The thing that is so hard to comprehend is the sold-out crowds. Who are these people? I can't support the band because of their unconscionable treatment of Lindsey, but I also think it's really creepy and weird that they're dragging Neil Finn and Mike Campbell around. I missed Lindsey when Rick and Billy were in the band, but I didn't feel utter disdain and embarrassment for them. I even went to see them on tour back then, and I own the TITN video. But THIS incarnation just feels like a crotchety, past-their-prime gaggle of old codgers/hucksters who need to pack it in. I wouldn't feel this way if Lindsey were with them because it'd be our old band touring. But this...they just seem like a bunch of corny hacks. It sounds stupid, I know, but I really miss loving them. They've been a huge part of my life. I'm grateful for the like-minded people here on The Ledge.
They’re not dragging Finn and Campbell. At this point they know the whole truth and like the rest of the band, they don’t care.

I’m also happy to have a place like The Ledge where I can speak my mind without being censored.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:54 AM

The thing is: These latest articles insinuate that FM would have been over if not for Neil saving them.

I really wish they would have considered just touring as the 4 piece. It would have been so much more amazing for the legacy if they had done that.

Stevie, go tour with the Pretenders so you can still draw and be famous with no soul.

And FM will continue as a solid 4 piece and do a final album and tour. Boom. We get smaller arenas and more acoustic treats. I'll never forget that BuckVie tour. It was out of this world to see them in that capacity.

Oh Well (as they say). They went for the fame, money, and lifestyle. That was predictable. But please don't misunderstand or confuse it with, "Neil saved FMac." He did nothing of the sort. In actual fact, he ruined it.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I really wish they would have considered just touring as the 4 piece. It would have been so much more amazing for the legacy if they had done that.

Stevie, go tour with the Pretenders so you can still draw and be famous with no soul.

And FM will continue as a solid 4 piece and do a final album and tour. Boom. We get smaller arenas and more acoustic treats. I'll never forget that BuckVie tour. It was out of this world to see them in that capacity.

Oh Well (as they say). They went for the fame, money, and lifestyle.
Amen, brother (sister). If they'd gone as a foursome they could have continued to create and be respected. They're already rich and do not need more money--well, except Mick.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The thing is: These latest articles insinuate that FM would have been over if not for Neil saving them.

Oh Well (as they say). They went for the fame, money, and lifestyle. That was predictable. But please don't misunderstand or confuse it with, "Neil saved FMac." He did nothing of the sort. In actual fact, he ruined it.
I get what your saying and it’s a solution...
However I doubt we would see The Quartet in The UK..
Not that I’ve been this tour..(no way)
But for the band to have a decent and brave closure....that’s the way forward.
Old 07-02-2019, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well... the best thing about them going on without Lindsey instead of ending the band is that he was able to sue them and settle out of court.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Amen, brother (sister). If they'd gone as a foursome they could have continued to create and be respected. They're already rich and do not need more money--well, except Mick.
Well, apparently they all need the money, not only Mick, if they all went along with Stevie’s whim.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-02-2019, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, apparently they all need the money, not only Mick, if they all went along with Stevie’s whim.

do you mean they MUST need money because that’s the only reason to go along with Stevie’s Whim...
Ah yes I see what you mean..

Maybe they’re just greedy...all of them
Old 07-02-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
do you mean they MUST need money because that’s the only reason to go along with Stevie’s Whim...
Ah yes I see what you mean..

Maybe they’re just greedy...all of them
I think it was more out of: Well, whatever you people decide is fine by me.

And then of course, here's your check for $15,000,000.00.
Good thing because your main checking account is down to $4.503,093.03.
And living this lifestyle gets more and more expensive. (just putting it into perspective.).
Old 07-02-2019, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Mick's tone, innuendo and actual statements lately make me think they (the 4 stooges) didn't actually think Lindsey's departure would resonate as much, as far, and as long as it has. So now, he's being snarky. He got caught in a big lie, this tour is not doing as well as a final tour with the Rumours 5 would have (I am assuming they are done after this) 5 dates in Europe and a 2 of 5 star review!! OUCH. Neil Finn saved FM? Please, he can't even carry the guitar parts on his own. The press around this tour really has been abysmal. Lindsey is the focus of huge chunks of these interviews (another reason they are probably getting snarky) It's not about the music anymore. Oh---and Stevie is doing ZERO press.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Mick's tone, innuendo and actual statements lately make me think they (the 4 stooges) didn't actually think Lindsey's departure would resonate as much, as far, and as long as it has. So now, he's being snarky. He got caught in a big lie, this tour is not doing as well as a final tour with the Rumours 5 would have (I am assuming they are done after this) 5 dates in Europe and a 2 of 5 star review!! OUCH. Neil Finn saved FM? Please, he can't even carry the guitar parts on his own. The press around this tour really has been abysmal. Lindsey is the focus of huge chunks of these interviews (another reason they are probably getting snarky) It's not about the music anymore. Oh---and Stevie is doing ZERO press.
Or is his snark just for the hardcore fans? He's quite happy to play for the dilettantes who just show up for the hits and couldn't name anyone in the band except maybe Stevie. As long as the checks clear. I think he could care less about some newspaper review as long as they are selling tickets. I think that's true of the rest as well.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Or is his snark just for the hardcore fans? He's quite happy to play for the dilettantes who just show up for the hits and couldn't name anyone in the band except maybe Stevie. As long as the checks clear. I think he could care less about some newspaper review as long as they are selling tickets. I think that's true of the rest as well.
It definitely could be. It's the hardcore fans that are irate. He may not pay attention to the reviews, but I would think Azoff does, and I think Stevie does too. Her brand is what enabled them to pull this stunt. Imagine if she walked away now too....FM is tarnishing HER brand Because she would see it that way. I'll give her this, she's much smarter in thinking ahead than Mick is. Mick thinks he can hole up in Hawaii for a few months, let the dust settle and call up ol Lindsey for a gig on his next album, just like nothing ever happened.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What Stevie did is give people that final push to be done with Fleetwood Mac. Her and Mick have always been selfish. Everyone knows that knows it now.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even though this tour has been successful (before any Stevie’s fan claims how many tickets they’re selling), I don’t think they could have imagined how much support Lindsey would have. Stevie clearly thought everybody was there to see her. Right....

They’re probably tired of dealing with so many questions about Lindsey and at this point they can fool no journalist with their “Lindsey quit the band” speech.

Stevie should know by now that doing ZERO press raises a lot of suspicions.

Quote:
It definitely could be. It's the hardcore fans that are irate. He may not pay attention to the reviews, but I would think Azoff does, and I think Stevie does too. Her brand is what enabled them to pull this stunt. Imagine if she walked away now too....FM is tarnishing HER brand Because she would see it that way. I'll give her this, she's much smarter in thinking ahead than Mick is. Mick thinks he can hole up in Hawaii for a few months, let the dust settle and call up ol Lindsey for a gig on his next album, just like nothing ever happened.
I bet Stevie can’t wait for this tour to be over and leave all those losers behind.

And I definitely can see Mick knocking on Lindsey’s door once Stevie decides she doesn’t want to tour with them anymore. I hope Lindsey has better things to do than trying to give a closure to his beloved legacy with the band.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And I definitely can see Mick knocking on Lindsey’s door once Stevie decides she doesn’t want to tour with them anymore. I hope Lindsey has better things to do than trying to give a closure to his beloved legacy with the band.
I pray that he tells Mick to DIE. F*ck that stupid, greedy mother f*cker.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am just still praying to the cosmos for Karma where Karma is due.

Keep those fingers crossed, Snarky Majesty!