User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
The Marxophone is a great example. Again, they sorta stuck their toe over the line....but not really. So it comes across half-a$$ed to a lot of folks when that probably wasn't the intention. If any group of folks could of done another semi-acoustic version of Gypsy like the 2000 AHI benefit, it would be the band that includes Mike Campbell. Mick on the cocktail kit, the marxophone, figure out the solo, and get Stevie to back away from the shoutting approach and we might be onto something. Otherwise, it reads like a cover.
I don’t disagree, but that’s been an issue post-The Dance. They could’ve gotten a bit deeper, but that doesn’t seem to be their style.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-16-2019, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at this show (and in Newark too). Yes, I flew all the way from Holland to be here ... and I enjoyed it ... yes, it differs a lot from shows with LB I have seen, yes, he puts another energy to the gang ... yes, I do had to like it even more when he was on stage .... but hey ... I still saw a solid great and happy band playing ... yes, Mick's drumsolo gets boring, Yes, Freefalling was a highlight ... but I do not care it's not a Mac-song ... I had fun and no regrets that I spend a week of vacation in this city with two shows of my favorite band.

I think it's sad that all the negativity found it's way overhere as well ... stick to your own forum you bunch of ......
Old 03-16-2019, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^sounds like you had a great time.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
To me, this could of been a really interesting show had they called it the Mick Fleetwood Revue or All Star Band....something along those lines.
I thought they should have changed the name to The Mac or The Mac Attack.

Jefferson Airplane changed to Jefferson Starship and then to Starship when key members left.

The Grateful Dead shortened to The Dead without Jerry.

The Rolling Stones could shorten to The Stones if Richards Wood or Watts retires (but not if Jagger does).

Some band names shorten more easily than others.

In any case, given the 1997 reset to the Rumours lineup, the present band should not call itself Fleetwood Mac.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at the show and thought it was outstanding. The arrangements were invigorating and not boring as the "same old" of Lindsey's production of the previous tours.
It felt fresh and all the members seemed happier that I've seen them in the past.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
I was there also, with my soon to be inlaws who had never seen the band live. They loved the show. I Would have loved to see Lindsey perform with the band again, but regardless of that, they sounded great and the packed audience seemed to respond well. There were a few songs I didn't love: "Gypsy" never sounds good to me live "You Make Loving Fun" sounded off to me, like it was in the wrong key. And "Do it all over" was nice as a duet, but isn't one of my favorites, and Chris sounded shaky on it to me.
This was my experience as well, every word minus the in-laws bit . "You Make Loving Fun" and "Gypsy" were definitely the low-lights, which is a shame because I love both songs. The former was surprisingly dull and Stevie really butchered Gypsy ("You say HEYYYYY babyyy" with the hand-waves made my entire body cringe).

Had a great time regardless, especially for "Oh Well" and "Black Magic Woman" and the majority of the other tunes. Haters gonna hate, and I can see where the frustration comes from, but I thought "Free Fallin'" was a blast despite it not being particularly well sung. Loved the energy in the room during that song.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 03-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
This was my experience as well, every word minus the in-laws bit . "You Make Loving Fun" and "Gypsy" were definitely the low-lights, which is a shame because I love both songs. The former was surprisingly dull and Stevie really butchered Gypsy ("You say HEYYYYY babyyy" with the hand-waves made my entire body cringe).

Had a great time regardless, especially for "Oh Well" and "Black Magic Woman" and the majority of the other tunes. Haters gonna hate, and I can see where the frustration comes from, but I thought "Free Fallin'" was a blast despite it not being particularly well sung. Loved the energy in the room during that song.
I was at both the NYC and Philly shows. Gypsy should be cut. There was no energy at all, in both physical movement and singing. Stevie is clearly bored out of her skull with this song and it shows. Hold Me sounded amazing!! Chris sounded good overall but a little shaky on World Turning. I oddly really enjoyed Mick's solo and the screen graphics. It was really fun. One odd note: Stevie did not say goodnight to the audience in Philly and I don't think in NY either. It strikes me as very odd and out of character for her. I really like Mike and Neil. They bring great energy and spirit to the band. I did miss Lindsey's guitar playing on a few songs.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 03-26-2019, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Gypsy should be cut. There was no energy at all, in both physical movement and singing. Stevie is clearly bored out of her skull with this song and it shows.
I wish they would replace it with “Freedom.”

THE Stephen Hopkins