User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It had nothing to do with liking or not liking your Elvis song. The fact that it was before April Fools day is material, because the timing increases the likelihood of confusion. Some people would run into the thread, think Stevie had written a song (which is a big deal, since she's not recording with the band yet) and, what's more, that the song was about Lindsey. They'd get their hopes up, get excited and find it was a prank. You can expect such punking on April Fool's Day, but it's not very worthwhile to mislead other posters with fake threads during the rest of the year.

As for Wendy, venting is good, but depending on how you do it, it can be destructive. We all know the Kubler-Ross model on grief. I think if you stay in the anger stage too long, it can do more harm than good. There's no good "venting" in a way that increases your anger rather than relieves it.

I hope that she is able to clear the legal hurdles and publish the book of Bob's that he written. I was interested in that.

Michele
I agree with everything you posted here. And I will definitely buy Wendy's book when it comes out. I think everyone here respected Bob and his Q&A interaction with The Penguin was priceless.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:44 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post

You not wanting Wendy here is understandable.
That has nothing to do with it.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
That has nothing to do with it.
Did you read all my post on the subject?

Not wanting her here doesn't have to mean Michelle doesn't like Wendy.
It might mean she doesn't want the trouble some of her post cause.

Expand your mind bro.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Did you read all my post on the subject?

Not wanting her here doesn't have to mean Michelle doesn't like Wendy.
It might mean she doesn't want the trouble some of her post cause.
I did read your entire post, and chose to single out that particular statement because it's incorrect in terms of why Wendy is no longer here. It also has little if anything to do with the "trouble some of her posts cause"... Wendy was given ample opportunity to chill out, and she chose instead to gnaw the old ends.

Quote:
Expand your mind bro.
Your instruction in the matter is noted. But did I slander you? I did not, so please, keep your thinly veiled insults to yourself.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
It also has little if anything to do with the "trouble some of her posts cause"... Wendy was given ample opportunity to chill out, and she chose instead to gnaw the old ends.

Your instruction in the matter is noted. But did I slander you? I did not, so please, keep your thinly veiled insults to yourself.

How did she cause any trouble without it involving her
post, here or anywhere? Unless you're a mind reader?
Maybe she sent someone an impolite pm.

Dude I can't believe you got your panties in a wad over what
I said. If anything I have been mostly complimentary of you
over the years I've been here. Do you remember differently?
I would suggest chilling out, but would I get banned for that
since you're a moderator?

This isn't exactly directed at you but I don't think Michele needs
any knights in shining armor to come to her rescue. She seems
quite capable of handling herself. Her website her rules I suppose.

A most interesting thread...
Old 04-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the 1 post people who suddenly rock up and start telling us they want Wendy back or that Wendy is wonderful. I wonder how many of them can go and pull out the Head West album or perhaps a solo album other than French Kiss? In fact I wonder how many of them actually have Bob's FM albums in their collection? I'm not suggesting you have to have all of Bob's albums to comment on this, but I do wonder if some of these people have a clue about his music at all. This is isn't the Bob & Wendy Welch personal fan site.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have NOT read all the posts regarding The Ledge's Wendy Welch controversy. I have an uninformed, perhaps even "stupid" question. Do we have evidence that the person posting under Wendy Welch's name is actually Wendy? This is the internet and anyone can post anything at any time. I know I must have missed some small detail. Please educate me.

If it is, in fact, Wendy Welch, then I don't think she should be banned from The Ledge. Let her rant on. Her writings are only her point of view and not necessarily the truth. Nonetheless, it's interesting to hear different points of view on the same topic. I'm quite sure that if you polled Nicks, Buckingham, McVie, Fleetwood, Burnett, Bramlett, Mason and Weston on details about their history with this band, you would get MANY DIFFERENT perspectives on things that "went down". It is certain that many details would not match up exactly. Nicks and Buckingham contradict each other quite frequently. Thus, why not let Wendy state her case? While you're at it, perhaps you could get Carol Ann Harris, Kim Anderson, Eddy Quintela and Sara Fleetwood some account screen names. I would love to read their posts.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
I have NOT read all the posts regarding The Ledge's Wendy Welch controversy. I have an uninformed, perhaps even "stupid" question. Do we have evidence that the person posting under Wendy Welch's name is actually Wendy? This is the internet and anyone can post anything at any time. I know I must have missed some small detail. Please educate me.
I have often wondered the same thing. I am inclined to believe it is indeed Bob's wife Wendy, since the tone and subject of most of her posts were entirely in line with her facebook posts on Bob's page once Bob died. Only someone who knew Bob's password or had access to Bob's computer could continue managing his facebook page. (I was a friend of Bob's. Once Wendy began using his page as a vehicle for attacks against existing FM members, I defriended "him.")

Also, she has often referenced "insider" tidbits of information, no matter how subjective or even distorted her presentation of them might have been.

That's what leads me to assume it really is her. However, your question is a good one. I have wondered, sometimes, if "Jeremy Spencer" is really Jeremy Spencer. Again, I am inclined to believe it is. And am thrilled he is here. But with the internet being what it is, you never know for sure.

Should Wendy have been banned? I trust Michelle and the other Ledge moderators who work hard to provide this service for us. Personally, I might have kicked her off months ago--but that was because she rubbed me the wrong way, which is not, in itself, sufficient grounds to ban someone. Michelle was right in giving her a long leash and letting her speak freely, within the parameters of what is acceptable on this board. She was occasionally reined in (told not to create new threads for already existing ones) but never censored. But once she began making accusations that could harm the ongoing existence of the site, she was kicked off--or at least that's how I read it.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default totally agree

I totally agree, alot of ppl would be happy to hear what she has to say!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
Why ban Wendy when she is one of the few members of the ledge who actually know FM band members, past and present? Many people on here think they know FM members because they went to a Mick meet and greet or hung out at venues show after show and got a few words and a photo with Lindsey. Why doesn't Wendy get to share her insights and opinions about band members when she has more credibility than most everyone else here does?
Old 04-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I have wondered, sometimes, if "Jeremy Spencer" is really Jeremy Spencer. Again, I am inclined to believe it is. And am thrilled he is here. But with the internet being what it is, you never know for sure.
I can confirm that Jeremy Spencer here on the ledge is in fact the real deal (if this helps). He has answered questions both here and in PM's that only the real Jeremy would know the answers to and it has been confirmed by those that were the subject of those questions that what he spoke of was the truth.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 04-06-2014 at 11:26 AM..
Old 04-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
I can confirm that Jeremy Spencer here on the ledge is in fact the real deal (if this helps). He has answered questions both here and in PM's that only the real Jeremy would know the answers to and it has been confirmed by those that were the subject of those questions that what he spoke of was the truth.

John
Awesome. Thanks for the confirmation, John. I appreciate this.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

this is a sad thread. in honoring bob's memory i can't think of any thing worse that we could do than ban his wife

but i agree with the moderators that we have no choice and that this a fair decision, emotions aside

i hope everyone can forgive wendy and support her in other ways

also hope that this incident doesn't discourage jeremy's involvement in the ledge. his posts have been wonderful and uniformly positive additions to this forum

z
Old 04-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
I love the 1 post people who suddenly rock up and start telling us they want Wendy back or that Wendy is wonderful. I wonder how many of them can go and pull out the Head West album or perhaps a solo album other than French Kiss? In fact I wonder how many of them actually have Bob's FM albums in their collection? I'm not suggesting you have to have all of Bob's albums to comment on this, but I do wonder if some of these people have a clue about his music at all. This is isn't the Bob & Wendy Welch personal fan site.
I can not speak for others , but I for one am quite knowledgeable of Bob's music and FM in general, having been a fan since day 1, although I can do without the current lineup. And I also can do without FM in general these days, given the treatment of Bob regarding the whole RRHOF debacle .

However, what I am seeing in reading this thread is - a lot of people ARE indeed quite unhappy about Wendy being banned. If you look at the posts on this thread, many of the non admin /moderator etc type people are NOT in favor of the ban, yet the administator(s) and the rest of the team are. And the thread is designed to be a discussion about this very topic, so to suggest that anyone posting in response to that very question needs to own a Head West record or any of the other criteria above , just does not make sense, that's what this thread is there for. What is anyone else's qualifications for posting anything on this site?? No one is asking for credentials anywhere else , are they?

Many people are unhappy about a decision that has been made about the wife of a former FM member and this is a FM forum, seems pretty clear cut to me. It is your interpretation of it that is askew.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I can not speak for others , but I for one am quite knowledgeable of Bob's music and FM in general, having been a fan since day 1, although I can do without the current lineup. And I also can do without FM in general these days, given the treatment of Bob regarding the whole RRHOF debacle .

However, what I am seeing in reading this thread is - a lot of people ARE indeed quite unhappy about Wendy being banned. If you look at the posts on this thread, many of the non admin /moderator etc type people are NOT in favor of the ban, yet the administator(s) and the rest of the team are. And the thread is designed to be a discussion about this very topic, so to suggest that anyone posting in response to that very question needs to own a Head West record or any of the other criteria above , just does not make sense, that's what this thread is there for. What is anyone else's qualifications for posting anything on this site?? No one is asking for credentials anywhere else , are they?

Many people are unhappy about a decision that has been made about the wife of a former FM member and this is a FM forum, seems pretty clear cut to me. It is your interpretation of it that is askew.
The fact is that Wendy treated Jeremy with disrespect...According to The Ledge rules one member is not allowed to verbally attack another member (both Wendy & Jeremy are members) so the fact she went after Jeremy was enough for action to be taken...
Old 04-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wendy is obviously under a lot of stress and it seems that Bob's estate (as far as the music end of it) is in complete chaos...Perhaps Wendy should seek out one of the management agencies that specialize in celebrities after they have passed...From what I have heard they would get the musical end of Bob's career/estate in order and once everything is in order/settled they would manage Bob's legacy for Wendy...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 04-06-2014 at 03:29 PM..