User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
Huffington Post is also fake news though. Nothing would make me happier than seeing this band release the album without Stevie and then follow it up with a 4 person tour without her. After that they can do a 5 person farewell world tour.
Here Here. Fake news indeed. HP is a step below National Enquirer in journalistic integrity. Anyone with a keyboard can write a story and get it "published" now.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Here Here. Fake news indeed. HP is a step below National Enquirer in journalistic integrity. Anyone with a keyboard can write a story and get it "published" now.
I agree .They are all full of crap, No offense for the true journalist that do their work.Its not like 30 years ago when journalists does all the foot work on the beat actually face to face interviewing people.Not like today they sit at their laptop in Starbucks and look on the internet including this forum for stories they can make up.Zero research to get the real scoop. They other problem I have is all the adverts in the magazines and they are a rip off at the news stands.Remember the inflated priced FM special magazine that was out awhile back.TV media is just as bad.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 12-17-2016 at 10:36 PM..
Old 12-17-2016, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Yes, hated each other back then. Not sure what changed...

Mick:
'I should have known my vision for this endeavour was flawed when it became clear that Dave Mason and Bekka Bramlett did not get along whatsoever. I though they would, as Dave had worked a great deal with her parents, Delaney and Bonnie. Bekka had known Dave since she was a kid and I imagined there would be a real chemistry between them, because he had been around their house, probably singing songs with her parents as she looked on, like some big, happy musical family. Apparantly not. That tour was heavy on free flowing substances of all kinds, which didnt help matters, but still, there was a real bas blood between them. I was a wreck and drinking and carrying on, but as the tour wore on I found myself having to play mediator for them almost every day. I completely misread what I thought would be a quaint and historically perfect collaboration. Bekka had no time for any kind of connective, band-family stuff on the road at all, and like her mum she did not mince her words. Believe me, you don't want to have Bekka or Bonnie Bramlett unload on you, but that is what started happening to Mason regularly'
Furthermore, Richard Dashut said that Dave was the main factor in him pulling out of the "Time" album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-17-2016, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Wow, thank you. I'd never seen that. So it truly WAS amazing that she sang with him in Nashville this summer!
I think Dave got sober over the years.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-18-2016, 02:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think Dave got sober over the years.
Is that what it was? Didn't you used to run a board for him?

I was just never into him. Not that crazy about the songs, his voice, his look, etc...

The only reason I saw him is that he was opening for Journey(SHH, don't tell anyone...I know it's not cool to like them! SHH!!!!). But then Bekka posted that she was singing with him, so I made sure not to miss him.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow, thank you. I'd never seen that. So it truly WAS amazing that she sang with him in Nashville this summer!
This was pretty much all Mick wrote about the 'Time' period in his second book which is such a shame. I really wanted to hear more about that period. With the 'free flowing substances' and constant arguing it sounds like there would be plenty of interesting stories. Perhaps Mick was too wasted to remember much. Most likely he feels not enough people want to read about that band.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
This was pretty much all Mick wrote about the 'Time' period in his second book which is such a shame. I really wanted to hear more about that period. With the 'free flowing substances' and constant arguing it sounds like there would be plenty of interesting stories. Perhaps Mick was too wasted to remember much. Most likely he feels not enough people want to read about that band.
Ha, I just bought that book a couple months ago, and still haven't started it!

If they didn't want to read about Time, I'll bet the Bob Welch years weren't more than a paragraph.
Old 12-18-2016, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is that what it was? Didn't you used to run a board for him?
I ran a website, and I got a lot of messages from fans. The general consensus was he was still into drugs back then.

THE Stephen Hopkins