Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:48 PM
Ledgie

Default Giving Stevie the benefit of the doubt

There’s once again so much bad vibes and negativity on other threads on this forum since reading the Lindsey/Rolling Stone interview...it makes me so sad to hear such nastyness directed at my goddess... especially at a time in her/their career when they should be sailing off in to a beautiful golden sunset😢....I hope some of us can rise above this... I will always worship this woman and can’t believe what Lindsey says is the simple truth...perhaps ‘I don’t want to know the reason why.... ? ...I just had to put this out there.... heartbroken of London England 😣
Old 10-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustboy71 View Post
There’s once again so much bad vibes and negativity on other threads on this forum since reading the Lindsey/Rolling Stone interview...it makes me so sad to hear such nastyness directed at my goddess... especially at a time in her/their career when they should be sailing off in to a beautiful golden sunset😢....I hope some of us can rise above this... I will always worship this woman and can’t believe what Lindsey says is the simple truth...perhaps ‘I don’t want to know the reason why.... ? ...I just had to put this out there.... heartbroken of London England 😣
it is always hard when heroes fall.

these people, all 5 of them, have dark sides, petty sides, bitchy sides, selfish sides. some just choose to believe only the dark about some and only the light about others.

they're all terribly flawed human beings, like everyone else.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The issue with Stevie I think is that too many of her fans have held her up on a pedestal where they see her as this elegant witchy rock woman who has survived a crazy life. And it's not like that's not true, but the thing is-- Stevie Nicks has been-- and probably still can be-- quite an asshole. You can admire her for her music and her story and strength but no one should really try to ignore that Stevie has done a lot of things in her life-- as have MANY others-- that are not exactly morally admirable. She's not a perfect person and she doesn't have to be but I think so many of her fans have a hard time accepting that Stevie has that side to her. She, like anyone else, does bad things sometimes and can be a diva or a narcissist.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It turns out she's a real piece of work and an a hole of a human being. Get used to it.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nice post. Like most interpersonal issues, there are multiple sides to every story and usually each person holds some portion of the blame. Either way, it's time for us to move on and enjoy the music. We have two wonderful tours after all.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Stevie has threatened to leave Fleetwood Mac so many times over the past 35 years. What is different this time? I believe the Buck/Vie album drove her over the edge. She also got very jealous when Lindsey and Christine wrote World Turning together. I bet if they sat and waited for her to finish her solo tour and not made an album, she would not have fired Lindsey. Its really sad that after all the Fleetwood Mac drama they could not do it one final album and tour
Old 10-10-2018, 05:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Doubt? What doubt?
Old 10-10-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Stevie has threatened to leave Fleetwood Mac so many times over the past 35 years. What is different this time? I believe the Buck/Vie album drove her over the edge. She also got very jealous when Lindsey and Christine wrote World Turning together. I bet if they sat and waited for her to finish her solo tour and not made an album, she would not have fired Lindsey. Its really sad that after all the Fleetwood Mac drama they could not do it one final album and tour
I don’t buy the BuckVie jealously because she could have changed her mind when she saw them actually go into the studio...and she has plenty of material if new songs were not ready. The record company would definitely have put the pressure on to wait for her if she really wanted to do it, and that power would have stroked her ego.

I think she just cannot take him any longer.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I remember that one interview right before it was confirmed BuckVie album was actually going to be released. Stevie said that she didn’t think they were going to do it. Then they did. I think she enjoys feeling like she holds all the cards and like people are “pining” for her - whether it’s Lindsey after their breakup, BuckVie album, etc
Old 10-10-2018, 06:29 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I don’t buy the BuckVie jealously because she could have changed her mind when she saw them actually go into the studio...and she has plenty of material if new songs were not ready. The record company would definitely have put the pressure on to wait for her if she really wanted to do it, and that power would have stroked her ego.

^ This. She's 70 years old and was having a lovely time on her solo tour. If she had any desire to contribute to BuckVie (and thereby have it be a Mac record), she had plenty of opportunity to do so. I've read her quotes on the making of Say You Will (her feelings on the experience seemed to get progressively worse as time passed); I think she's decided she's not spending one more minute of the time she's got left in a studio with Lindsey. (Not trying to cast blame on either side for WHY she doesn't want to...just objectively stating that it's been pretty apparent that it is something she has no desire to do).
Old 10-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
it is always hard when heroes fall.

these people, all 5 of them, have dark sides, petty sides, bitchy sides, selfish sides. some just choose to believe only the dark about some and only the light about others.

they're all terribly flawed human beings, like everyone else.

when you're a public figure
and have been in a massive band for DECADES
you should be able to conduct yourself in a manner
that doesnt turn 1/2 your fandom against you.

i'm all for having a dark, bitchy side
and stevie's flaws are one of the reasons she appealed to me
but lack of loyalty and destroying a band (which prob at max has 3 - 5 years left in them) over actual PETTY $h!t gets no sympathy from me.
she should have left.

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 10-10-2018 at 06:44 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post

I don't buy any jealousy over that album either. Good grief, she said in an interview she wished them well. (perhaps just grateful she wasn't the one in the studio working with Lindsey again?) I don't get the obsession with the jealousy theory and I also don't understand those who want so terribly to believe that Christine and Lindsey are such close friends.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

before every Fleetwood Mac tour she would say she and Lindsey had a sit down and worked on their relationship.

What the hell happened? This is just beyond sad. I love Stevie, but I have no reason not to believe Lindsey. He seems very honest in this article. I'm really broken hearted over this.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I don't buy any jealousy over that album either. Good grief, she said in an interview she wished them well. (perhaps just grateful she wasn't the one in the studio working with Lindsey again?) I don't get the obsession with the jealousy theory and I also don't understand those who want so terribly to believe that Christine and Lindsey are such close friends.

Your confusion is impressively staggering.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
^ This. She's 70 years old and was having a lovely time on her solo tour. If she had any desire to contribute to BuckVie (and thereby have it be a Mac record), she had plenty of opportunity to do so. I've read her quotes on the making of Say You Will (her feelings on the experience seemed to get progressively worse as time passed); I think she's decided she's not spending one more minute of the time she's got left in a studio with Lindsey. (Not trying to cast blame on either side for WHY she doesn't want to...just objectively stating that it's been pretty apparent that it is something she has no desire to do).
then SHE should leave the band. Go do you time on solo tours and solo albums if that's what makes you happy. Why rip apart the band when YOU are the ONE who is unhappy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
when you're a public figure
and have been in a massive band for DECADES
you should be able to conduct yourself in a manner
that doesnt turn 1/2 your fandom against you.

i'm all for having a dark, bitchy side
and stevie's flaws are one of the reasons she appealed to me
but lack of loyalty and destroying a band (which prob at max has 3 - 5 years left in them) over actual PETTY $h!t gets no sympathy from me.
she should have left.
see my quote above. totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
wth else is she going to say in the press?? she's going to say the politically correct thing so she looks like a good sport. doesn't mean she means it.