The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Ledgie

Thx everyone for the nice comments. Believe me, it was extremely tough not glorifying his great musical skills by saying something to the extent of Bach, Beethoven, Buckingham... I did, however, want to clarify the context of our conversation as it appears it may have been misconstrued by some on this board. It was clear to me and my friends that LB was indeed being facetious. He definitely knew the song "Twist of Fate", however was having fun with the fact that I was asking about a song yet to be released. By his humorous ponderance of the question, it is clear that it is already very much a part of his next project.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Ledgie

Cincymike... you're one of the alley guys that I met in Nashville, right? friends with Stacy? You guys called her phone on our way back... we hated ourselves for not waiting around!!! So glad you talked to him!!!
Old 10-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Ledgie

ZZagar,

I have to be honest in saying that we felt a bit guilty without you guys there as we know how much it would have meant for you to have met him.

It was definitely nice meeting you in Cincy and maybe we'll catch up with you at another concert down the road.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
Does he not go on ebay and occasionally type in his own name? Well, maybe that's a bit psychotic.
Not really psychotic.

The guy from The Darkness did it and bought up an advance promo copy of their album to try and stop the tracks being leaked.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Well thank you for requesting it, i sooo want that song to be on there!
Old 10-23-2006, 05:19 AM
Ledgie

Lindsey doesn't seem to be on the net. In the recent radio interview, he didn't even know his own web site had the tour dates on it!?

I'm sure he's aware of the album leak, he's bound to. What can he do about it? Not a lot! Not talk about it I guess.

In actual fact, I think the leak has probably been helpful to his career. Its kept us fans occupied during the lul after 'The Dance'.

Thank you for asking such a gutsy question with Lindsey and thanks for sharing!

Last edited by nichora; 10-23-2006 at 05:21 AM..
Old 10-23-2006, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh Well,

that's quite a strange story. But still it's great to hear that he admits putting 'Twist Of Fate' onto the next record would be a good idea. That song's guitar parts are brilliant.
He seems to have quite a lot of new and unreleased songs by now. If I could make up a wish list for songs to be included from the GOS sessions that are not out yet, it would be all those including the great guitar solos, because I'd want to listen to them in good sound quality, whistle along and dance to them with somebody special. These would be the following (preferrance on the first 4 in the list), which obviously didn't fit into the acoustic context of Under the Skin:

-Twist Of Fate (great guitar, as already mentioned)
-Deep Dense (great solo too, and almost a drum solo by Fleetwood)
-Shuffle Riff (great driving rhythm, but possibly no official title and my mp3 is too bad to understand coherent lyrics)
-Given Thing (upbeat song with fast and wild drumming)
-Gotta Get Away (I like the vocal arrangement)

and the two hard rock tunes
-Wear You Down
-Gift Of Screws

Btw, it's probably best for any artist in the public conciousness not to worry too much about what is written about them on the net, so if he's really not on the web even though the internet is getting its fair share of advertising in the other media, too, that is very professional.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:04 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwebster View Post
..Shuffle Riff (great driving rhythm, but possibly no official title and my mp3 is too bad to understand coherent lyrics)
Have you listened to the lossless GOS - the sound quality is fab. I almost want him NOT to release those tracks as I'd like some new ones..

You can download it at www.throwndown.net
Old 10-23-2006, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
I have that Windows Movie Maker (making a video right now actually). It's a good way to cut videos into parts.
It also compresses the vid so it is a reasonable size.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Ledgie

I agree with the thought of putting as few "Gift of Screws" songs as possible on the next release.

I would personally like to see "Twist of Fate" be on it, however we need as much new material as possible. Only negative to Under the Skin was it felt like there were only 5 new songs. That is not LB's fault, but any real fan has heard the torrent at this point so it would be best to put new songs out that were not part of the GOS project.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
He does say live that Brett is "responsible for putting together their set"...and then refers to him as the "conscience of the band". Bwwhaaa. Anyway, I find it hard to believe that LB did not pick the majority of the set...hopefully now that someone pointed out the lack of Cradle songs, he will add one. (or three, or five)
Old 10-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincymike1 View Post
Went to the Cincy show tonight (which was awesome...including Bwana) and talked to LB after the concert. told me that was an interesting idea.

he replied that he really never thought about it and in retrospect thought it was mistake not to include any of that material.

Wonderful!
Old 10-24-2006, 04:29 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincymike1 View Post
someone asked why no OTC songs were in any of his new concerts and he replied that he really never thought about it and in retrospect thought it was mistake not to include any of that material.
It doesn't suprise me he went out with no 'Out Of The Cradle' songs. He's gone out with a safe (ish) setlist showcasing his new material alongside his most commerical solo records and mac stuff. He
doesn't expect much of an audience, mostly those that will know the familiar tunes.

Anyway, he gets out on tour and to his surprise, he's suddenly got a load of
fans who know and love all his solo stuff including the obscure tracks. Listening to some reviews of the first show in Atlanta, he sounds overwhealmed by the reception he's got.

I do hope he decides to tour in the new year as mentioned in a couple of interviews. I expect the set list would have less Mac and more solo including Cradle stuff.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rehearsed "All My Sorrows" at Detroit Soundcheck

While waiting around (for five hours in the rain), I was able to hear most of the soundcheck. They spent about 15 minutes rehearsing "All My Sorrows" after the soundcheck. It sounded good (from what I could hear), I was convinced that it would be the encore song that night, but it ended up being "Bleed To Love Her."
Old 10-26-2006, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am going to cry. I wish I were rich and free to travel so I could check out another show and just be able to meet him. I never wanted to meet him but GOD...it sounds so amazing....you guys are so lucky.