Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
The twirling around her living room for the next 10 years was a close second! LOL
Wonder if it gets hard to twirl when you are so full of s()&(*!
Old 11-06-2018, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
$he probably sprays the wall while bleating and spinning.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
$he probably sprays the wall while bleating and spinning.
I meant metaphorically. lol
Old 11-06-2018, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I meant metaphorically. lol
There's no visual with your scenario. You're welcome.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The visual of an 80 year old woman spinning around her living rooms with candles burning and her coven of fairy god people waiting about also brings up the notion of a broken hip
Old 11-06-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
There's no visual with your scenario. You're welcome.
Ha! Says, you!! You don't live in my head.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ha! Says, you!! You don't live in my head.
Spinning among all those candles could cause a fire. Either her chiffon or gas catching fire.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Spinning among all those candles could cause a fire. Either her chiffon or gas catching fire.
GOLD COIN WOMAN!!
Old 11-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I thought the same thing when I heard it-- that she meant he wanted to delay from June to Nov of the same year --2018-- which didn't seem like *such* a big deal.

But then she said the "a year" thing on tv, and all the subsequent print reports in the news picked up on this and said that the band wanted to go tour but Lindsey wanted them to delay for a YEAR-- so the "he wanted to delay things for a whole year" nonsense is all over the internet and news and magazine reports about the personnel change.
I may be giving Stevie too much credit here, but I think the mental gymnastics she went through to get to "a year" and believe it (because "Remember, Jerry: It's not a lie, if you believe it.") are as follows:

According to the complaint Lindsey filed in LA Superior Court, there was a band meeting in November 2017 that ended abruptly with Lindsey walking out after they reached an impasse regarding scheduling. According to the complaint, Lindsey ceded to Stevie's schedule demands, but that's neither here nor there with regards to the question at hand. Stevie is starting the clock at November 2017 when she claims Lindsey wanted to wait "a year" to tour (i.e., not until November 2018). That's relatively logical, until you realize that she made that claim during an April 2018 interview and the fact that the band pushed back the start date of the tour to the fall anyway due to the firing of Lindsey and hiring the other two.

Regardless of the "logic" behind it, you are right that the result has been the press taking that claim of Stevie's as fact and republishing it over and over.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
I may be giving Stevie too much credit here, but I think the mental gymnastics she went through to get to "a year" and believe it (because "Remember, Jerry: It's not a lie, if you believe it.")
$tevie lies as much as George Costanza, if not more. I've thought of this quote before, in reference to her. I think $he actually believes the sh*t $he spews.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's what I think happened:

1. In November 2017 Lindsey and the rest of the band reach an impasse as Lindsey requests that they delay their tour to Nov. 2018
2. With Petty having passed away and Mike Campbell now available, Stevie and Mick plan to fire Lindsey, but with Musicares scheduled must wait for the moment
3. Lindsey meanwhile backs off his demand and agrees to tour as originally scheduled, but it's "too little too late" as Stevie and Mick have already planned to fire him (and, after Musicares, do)

Musicares probably wasn't even the final straw. They just needed to wait until it was over before they could make changes.

So in Stevie and Mick's mind the demand to delay the tour was the impetus for the breakup, while in Lindsey's mind that's a lie because he had agreed before his firing to accommodate their preferred tour schedule. (The thing is, however, that without the Musicares event, the band would have probably fired him sooner, before Lindsey backed off his request to delay the tour.)

One thing's for sure: They should never have let him delay his solo album and tour if they knew they were going to fire him regardless.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Musicares probably wasn't even the final straw. They just needed to wait until it was over before they could make changes.
Does anyone know how far in advance a band is told that it's going to win the music award? A month? Three months? A few weeks?

Quote:
So in Stevie and Mick's mind the demand to delay the tour was the impetus for the breakup, while in Lindsey's mind that's a lie because he had agreed before his firing to accommodate their preferred tour schedule. (The thing is, however, that without the Musicares event, the band would have probably fired him sooner, before Lindsey backed off his request to delay the tour.)

One thing's for sure: They should never have let him delay his solo album and tour if they knew they were going to fire him regardless.
Another thing is for sure. The idea that a Buckingham solo tour would ever postpone a Fleetwood Mac tour by anything more than a few months is ridiculous. Even now, as an ex-member, Lindsey isn't touring for more than five or six weeks, right? Five or six weeks is nothing in Fleetwood Mac time.

These claims that Nicks made that his solo tour would keep Fleetwood Mac hanging for six or eight months are asinine.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2018, 03:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Does anyone know how far in advance a band is told that it's going to win the music award? A month? Three months? A few weeks?
It was announced July 19, 2017: https://www.grammy.com/musicares/new...es-person-year
Old 11-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
These claims that Nicks made that his solo tour would keep Fleetwood Mac hanging for six or eight months are asinine.
And YET some people are STILL believing her while voting for her at RRHOF. Because it's easier that way.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here's what I think happened:

1. In November 2017 Lindsey and the rest of the band reach an impasse as Lindsey requests that they delay their tour to Nov. 2018
2. With Petty having passed away and Mike Campbell now available, Stevie and Mick plan to fire Lindsey, but with Musicares scheduled must wait for the moment
I don’t believe Tom’s death and Mike’s subsequent availability was a significant factor in Lindsey getting fired. At most, it may have caused Stevie to have a moment of clarity about wanting to be happy, but there were underlying issues that had nothing to do with Tom. It was pretty clear, at least to me, that there was a battle brewing with this tour last summer, months before Tom’s death, when Mick and Stevie started getting into the deep cuts while Lindsey couldn’t fake enthusiasm for taking a break from LBCM (new music) to play a festival show with Fleetwood Mac (same old, same old). Delayed tour, solo album getting delayed, concurrent tour, not signing on the dotted line...None of us know exactly what happened, but the story line going back to 2013, but even more so last summer, made it clear that things weren’t good in Fleetwood Mac.

It’s unfortunate Mike Campbell became available, but there were other legendary, iconic guitarists available if Tom hadn’t died. They could have easily gotten Jimmy Page. He’s not doing anything major without Led Zeppelin and he’d LOVE to be back on the arena rock circuit. His first phone call would have been to his travel agent to get him on the next flight to Maui and his second phone call would’ve been to Robert Plant to say “blow me.”

Quote:
I don’t think they had any control over his album getting delayed. IIRC, the original plan was Lindsey’s album was going to be released in early 2018, he was going to do a spring tour, and be back with the Mac for the current tour, but the label decided to delay the album.

THE Stephen Hopkins