User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-04-2018, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've always thought he was impossible, but you put up with him for the HUGE game that he brings to the table.

They should have just taken a break for a few months, and reconvened. Instead, her High Goatness threw her tantrum and got him fired. Old hag.

"I'm $tevie Nick$, and I'm the show!" No, you're not, now sit down and shut up!
He did something bad enough to get the whole band to fire him. They reached the end of their ropes. Why not blame him for getting himself fired and ruining the legacy?
Old 08-04-2018, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And according to you what could he possibly have said to that delicate creature called Stevie to cause his firing after 53 years of knowing each other? They fight all the time. To them it’s like having lunch.
They fight all the time, true. This time was different and likely involved more than just Stevie, he crossed a line that got the whole team to fire him. His fault, sorry.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
They fight all the time, true. This time was different and likely involved more than just Stevie, he crossed a line that got the whole team to fire him. His fault, sorry.
And this is just speculation, wishful thinking or the truth? If it’s the last one, please share all the details. We’re all eagerly waiting...
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't something happen at Musicares where he yelled at Karen and told Stevie she could no longer sing So then the firing would be Stevie specific and I'd bet my pension that is is To be fair none of the Rumours composers can really sing anymore but Stevie had the the farthest to fall IMO.

Addicted Ledgie

Didn't something happen at Musicares where he yelled at Karen and told Stevie she could no longer sing So then the firing would be Stevie specific and I'd bet my pension that is is To be fair none of the Rumours composers can really sing anymore but Stevie had the the farthest to fall IMO.

Addicted Ledgie

Addicted Ledgie

Didn't something happen at Musicares where he yelled at Karen and told Stevie she could no longer sing So then the firing would be Stevie specific and I'd bet my pension that is is To be fair none of the Rumours band composers can really sing anymore but Stevie had the the farthest to fall IMO.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Mitzo - What's the worst thing he could have said though....you can't sing, your old and saggy, I don't want to play Rhiannon anymore, I never loved you, your a washed up old junkie, I hate Karen...these are all crazy random thoughts....but really is there seriously anything bad enough that he could have said to her that the whole band agree their musical director should be sacked?
Even if Stevie pulled out the old him or me card then....Mick, Chris and John should have gone 'NO Stevie'...we won't continue and let you ruin our legacy until both of you sit down and sort it out
This whole bit makes so much sense!! Spot on!!
Old 08-04-2018, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Didn't something happen at Musicares where he yelled at Karen and told Stevie she could no longer sing So then the firing would be Stevie specific and I'd bet my pension that is is To be fair none of the Rumours band composers can really sing anymore but Stevie had the the farthest to fall IMO.
I agree and I expect this or something very similar is fact. The band didn't all wish for Lindsey to be fired, they simply made the choice to support Stevie over him.... And if she would only remain in the band without him in it then that is what the band all shockingly sided with

Last edited by Angel75; 08-04-2018 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-04-2018, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
This whole bit makes so much sense!! Spot on!!
Haha... I don't think he genuinely would have said any of those things except maybe something about her voice... And I don't doubt he yelled at Karen... But really is that a reasonable reason to lose your job?!
Old 08-04-2018, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Haha... I don't think he genuinely would have said any of those things except maybe something about her voice... And I don't doubt he yelled at Karen... But really is that a reasonable reason to lose your job?!
Nope, not at all. Most people work things out somehow. It's called "adult behavior."
Old 08-04-2018, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Something happened at Musicares and he yelled at Karen (who cares?) but he did not tell Stevie she couldn’t sing anymore.

Regardless of what happened at Musicares, he was fired a couple of days later and MC was already aware of what was going on, so Lindsey’s firing had already been in motion that day.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

Regardless of what happened at Musicares, he was fired a couple of days later and MC was already aware of what was going on, so Lindsey’s firing had already been in motion that day.
It's shameful how premeditated this all was, like Stevie was just full of ammunition ready to strike on Lindsey as soon as he did the smallest thing...

So do we have any idea how he was told... A phone call from Mick or directly through his management or lawyer?
Old 08-04-2018, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's shameful how premeditated this all was, like Stevie was just full of ammunition ready to strike on Lindsey as soon as he did the smallest thing...

So do we have any idea how he was told... A phone call from Mick or directly through his management or lawyer?
I’m in agreement here, arguments in this band especially between Stevie and Lindsey are the norm.
But I think he was led into the canyon here....
I think he was hijacked big time, and he never saw it coming !!!
Stevie wanted him gone, gone out if her life, full stop.Gone.
So, when just a normal bust up happens she cries ...Me or Him
I think it was premeditated and he was totally bowled over ...
Very sad...I wonder why after all these years....
Old 08-04-2018, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Obviously the rest of the band sided with Stevie for a good reason, i dont think any of them wanted their long running legacy to end this way.. SN and LB always had a hot and cold relationship from day dot, the forever non stop bickering is quite normal to them.. Reading between Richards comments, LB crossed the line to no return this time.. I have no doubt Stevie really pissed him off and decided to not hold back, which led to this sad debacle..

I am just going to throw this out their as I've thought this from the start, i could be wrong but here goes

After listening to Stevie's long speech at Musicares award night, she referred mostly about Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers, and a lot about herself as usual .. That didn't worry me at all, but from the bands perspective they were up their collecting an award for FM.. So what i am getting at i think her long winded speech really annoyed LB, maybe from the side of the stage Karen could sense him getting really agitated.. She blabbed to Stevie afterwards, which led to the massive argument.. Obviously Stevie still grieving from Tom's recent passing, and anything said in a negative way towards TP or her speech, was not going to be tolerated ever in her books.. It all just escalated from there..

Last edited by Aussie W/Heart; 08-04-2018 at 11:15 PM..