The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The thing that really gets me , you cannot show any leaning or slight bias towards Stevie.
I am a FMac fan above all, so don’t have strong feelings that Stevie is all bad or Lindsey is all good and vice versa.
I do feel sometimes, I would like to air a view but don’t as I think I will get shot down and don’t relish that, as I’m not here to argue with anyone.
This makes the Ledge an unbalanced forum especially the Rumours pages...
Old 04-15-2019, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
You either hate Stevie and the current iteration of the band or you were never a true FM fan.
LOL what a ridiculous statement. I love Stevie. Sure, I was angry with her for a couple of months but then I got over it. I have always been a fan of Fleetwood Mac since I was 15 and I'm 57 now. You might have never been a true fan. As you stated yourself you haven't been around here for a while. I on the other hand have never gone away. To me The Ledge is alive and well. On the first day of the current tour I posted youtube videos from the Tulsa show and thousands of people viewed and discussed them. When the news first broke about Lindsey, thousands more flocked to The Ledge to discuss it. This is definitely a happening place. I have been very impressed by the amount of old time Ledgies that have come back to give their take on the LB situation.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think message boards have sort of diminished in our age of social networking like Tumbr, Instagram, Facebook etc, and maybe Reddits too.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:24 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
I think message boards have sort of diminished in our age of social networking like Tumbr, Instagram, Facebook etc, and maybe Reddits too.
I’ve been an observer on this forum for many years, and rarely ever respond. However, this compelled me to figure out my password.

In addition to other members’ comments on the quality of postings diminishing over the years, I believe the statement above is also correct. This type of platform is quite archaic.

In order to get to the quality information, one must wade through endless posts of petty name-calling and conjecture. And while there appears to be some useful discourse, most of it is a reminder of how limited the human race is, in capacity for thought and communication. And that’s a blanket statement regardless of which FM camp you belong to.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
LOL what a ridiculous statement.
You either misread my post completely or you just read the one line you quoted (out of context).
Old 04-18-2019, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You either misread my post completely or you just read the one line you quoted (out of context).
After re-reading what you originally posted I realized I did misread your words and just wanted to say I'm sorry.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, and it started way before Lindsey got fired. The nasty misogyny of some Ledgies had me avoiding the Ledge for some time. With Lindsey’s firing, that ratcheted up 1000x and there is no room for any thoughtful discussion. You either hate Stevie and the current iteration of the band or you were never a true FM fan.
Exactly, everything’s become an extreme and people have become very reactive. “Normal” discussion is pretty much dead lol. That and the fact that message boards in general have been on the decline thanks to Facebook groups, Twitter, Instagram etc.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the people on the ledge killed it for me.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Obviously none of you guys were on this forum during the Greatest Hits Hell period.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
People don’t post here like they used to and I noticed that it really started going downhill when she refused to be on a new Fleetwood Mac album. After she got Lindsey fired, it seems like hardly anyone posts. To me, she has basically destroyed the legacy of Fleetwood Mac and has almost killed the Ledge. That may be her legacy.
Nope. People are turned off by the bitterness of the Lindsey cult. I am. They're everywhere whining, moaning and attacking Stevie. It's boring as hell. Destroyed the legacy? Oh, criminy. Drama much?