Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
you know I love ya... and I'm gay... But, I get completely the opposite vibe. Never in my life had I thought of that.
Yeah, I definitely don't get that vibe from Chris, either. If any of them experimented, you'd have to wonder if it was Stevie. So many of her songs have been about women, and she's lived with multiple women under her roof for almost all of her adult life. I don't know that she's really been known to have been in a relationship with a man the past 20 years, either. I'm not saying she's bisexual, but if there's evidence of any member of Fleetwood Mac swinging both ways, it'd probably be Stevie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Yeah. Given the heightened reality of indulgence and excess that she existed in for so much of her adult life, I wouldn't be surprised if she did some experimentation. But I don't see anything that would give off the impression she is truly bisexual.

As someone who lives in Southeast England, I have to say that her idea of "isolation" might be misleading to some fans from larger, less crowded countries. I promise, nowhere in Kent is very far from anywhere. 50% of it is basically gobbled up by Greater London at this point. It may be far from where she wants to be, but the impression given is that she's way out in the boonies, and I think that's a misrepresentation.

I really did enjoy this interview, and the corroboration between the two ladies comments. But it did make me a bit sad to read as well. I was under the impression that Christine was very happy and doing exactly what she wanted, and to hear otherwise is a real downer. I hope she rejoins the band and finds her bliss asap, anyway.
I just checked Google Maps... looks like Christine's village is what, 60-70 miles outside central London? That's a long ways, especially with those tiny, winding, narrow English lanes. The woman lives behind massive walls in a village so tiny that it doesn't even have a grocery store, either. I can see how after 15 years, she'd feel very isolated.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

She's about 15 minutes from Canterbury, a hugely significant cathedral city (and with access to a big major road to London). *shrugs* She basically lives in a suburb, as a North American would understand it. But clearly she's a fairly London-centric person, and I can certainly see her feeling isolated in that respect. Absolutely. I'm just letting my general pet peeve of London-centricism (I made a new word!) get to me, I think. But I suppose it's hardly a surprise to see that attitude from a bigwig in the music industry. Perhaps I'm just being silly.

Last edited by Dex; 12-13-2013 at 12:23 PM..
Old 12-13-2013, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was actually a friend of mine that brought that angle up to me, pointing out the vibe I've been until then unconsciously picking up, which I then brought up to a few more friends who are Christine fans (majority of them, myself included, are lesbian or bisexual), who also got the same vibe.

Honestly speaking, the only one among the five I saw as mostly straight is John. I used to think that Stevie is too, but I think she might swing the other direction with the right person. The others (Lindsey, Christine, Mick) I also see as swinging both ways to varying degrees.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie

Last edited by applebucked; 12-13-2013 at 12:25 PM..
Old 12-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I just checked Google Maps... looks like Christine's village is what, 60-70 miles outside central London? That's a long ways, especially with those tiny, winding, narrow English lanes. The woman lives behind massive walls in a village so tiny that it doesn't even have a grocery store, either. I can see how after 15 years, she'd feel very isolated.
I know it has a pub, but she probably stopped going once she stopped drinking.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can someone point me in the right direction to an interview Mick did and talked about Chris? He said something along the lines of Christine calling him in the morning while in Hawaii and seemed as if she had a change in mind about playing and she asked "Mick you wouldn't want me to play would you?" and he replied, "Oh Chris Honey, of course you can. You can do whatever you want sweetheart." That was a total paraphrase.

BUT!

This shows Chris' clear tip toeing towards the stage, and her rhetorical questions. She knows what she wants to do, she just needs little pushes here and there. Chris publicly saying she wants to be asked to join the band again is just another push that she needs from her friends and the public. I can understand Stevie being all reserved, and saying it needs to be her decision. People tell me that all the time, but in all honestly, when you are dealing with feelings and decisions that are large and have an impact you do need some guidance. My goodness STEVIE and LINDSEY!! Be compassionate play her game!!!!

Ok, half of that was theory half of that was venting.

Last edited by sywlindseyfan; 12-13-2013 at 06:01 PM..
Old 12-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Ledgie

Default Easter eggs??!

Anyone have a photo of the "Easter egg" outfits?! Seems to me Stevie wore a lot of white and some red, in addition to black, but the peach, mint green and blue outfits she and her backup singers wore? I don't recall seeing those.

I remember she did say she didn't like the peach dress she wore for the Every Day video. Too bad. I LIKE that dress a lot!
Old 12-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't even get the impression that Christine likes women enough to be in a romantic relationship with one of them. I don't know, maybe I just think of what she said about working in the department store, but she strikes me as someone who just automatically has less patience with her own sex than she does with men and wouldn't be physically attracted to women.

If Christine said, "Yes, I was speaking to one of my best friends Yevonne ..." I'd be totally shocked. It would surprise me if she had female FRIENDS (outside of relatives) much less lovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan View Post
Can someone point me in the right direction to an interview Mick did and talked about Chris? He said something along the lines of Christine calling him in the morning while in Hawaii and seemed as if she had a change in mind about playing and she asked "Mick you wouldn't want me to play would you?" and he replied, "Oh Chris Honey, of course you can. I do can do whatever you want sweetheart." That was a total paraphrase.
I don't remember that interview. I do remember the talk of Steven Tyler calling Christine though. That's the telephone call I remember relating to Hawaii. So, Christine didn't ask to play (but if she hadn't wanted to, I don't think Tyler could have coaxed her), but she obliged when asked.

Other than that, all I can think of Mick saying is that he had to promise not to ask her to rejoin the band.

Michele
Old 12-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can someone point me in the right direction to an interview Mick did and talked about Chris? He said something along the lines of Christine calling him in the morning while in Hawaii and seemed as if she had a change in mind about playing and she asked "Mick you wouldn't want me to play would you?" and he replied, "Oh Chris Honey, of course you can. I do can do whatever you want sweetheart." That was a total paraphrase.
http://stevie-nicks.info/2013/09/29/...atured-in-nme/
Quote:
The impetus, says Fleetwood, came back in March when Christine visited his home in Hawaii to jam on some blues tracks with him and Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler, which ended up with her singing “Don’t Stop” onstage at the island’s Maui Arts & Cultural Center. “I promised Chris I’d never ask her to ever do anything, including joining Fleetwood Mac again, and I’ve honoured that,” Fleetwood says. “She came up to my house and we were just rehearsing some blues stuff with Steven Tyler and having some fun, and the next morning Steven said, ‘Do you wanna come up and sing some blues?’ She said, ‘No, I don’t do that anymore — I’m done.’ The next morning there was phone call and it was Christine. I said, ‘Morning, Chris’ and she said, ‘I’ve been thinking, would you want me to come and sing?’ and I said, ‘Are you kidding sweetheart?!’ And she did. She came and sang three or four songs with my blues band. I like to think [she agreed to the London show] ‘cos she walked on that stage in Maui! The sun got to her!”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Great, thanks guys, I knew I read that somewhere. Also, my paraphrase wasn't too off, but it may have sounded loopy, It's finals week, and I just woke up from a nap in the library. Save me, Ledgies!!!!!

Anyway, that's my theory about Chris needing a push.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Great, thanks guys, I knew I read that somewhere. Also, my paraphrase wasn't too off, but it may have sounded loopy, It's finals week, and I just woke up from a nap in the library. Save me, Ledgies!!!!!

Anyway, that's my theory about Chris needing a push.
yup. Mick also told the same story at one of the m&gs i went to.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I concur with those who do NOT see Chris as having lesbian inclinations. She might be a lesbian icon to some--I know many who ADORE her--and women straight or gay who find her incredibly sexy. But Chris herself is pretty man driven. And, for a while there, it seemed, pretty "daddy" driven.

Same with Stevie, I think.

The difference between the two women is that Stevie apparently loves the company of other women and needs close women friends in her life. Christine is "one of the lads" and would prefer to hang back with the boys.

Mind you, all of this is guessing, since we don't have access to their inner lives...
Old 12-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
The difference between the two women is that Stevie apparently loves the company of other women and needs close women friends in her life. Christine is "one of the lads" and would prefer to hang back with the boys.
I feel that too. Other than friendships with FM women (Jenny, Stevie, maybe Judy), I don't think she likes that company. Although, I think she enjoys the unique femininity she brings to the group as "one of the lads."

Michele
Old 12-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I concur with those who do NOT see Chris as having lesbian inclinations. She might be a lesbian icon to some--I know many who ADORE her--and women straight or gay who find her incredibly sexy. But Chris herself is pretty man driven. And, for a while there, it seemed, pretty "daddy" driven.

Same with Stevie, I think.

Mind you, all of this is guessing, since we don't have access to their inner lives...
I used to think she was mostly straight for the very same reasons you and many others gave (one of the guys, lack of patience with women, etc.) , but then I also thought that based on this vibe I got (based on pics + videos, mainly), plus a few comments she made many years ago about the women lining up for her ("not sexually, thank God"), there is also a possibility that she may be attracted to women as well, but she does not harp on it much because of its possible effect on her career, given the time period said comments were made.

I wouldn't say she's a lesbian though because she is definitely attracted to men.

Plus, this particular photo of her (I also have other different photos that give the vibe off for me more strongly than others) give off the feeling I got from seeing Dusty Springfield's "A Girl Called Dusty" cover (which another friend of mine described as "the gayest album cover I've ever seen"). As to how it gave me said vibe, it's really hard to describe.

Obviously my "lesbian inclination" guessing is merely speculative at best so unless she says anything about it, we'll never know.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
I used to think she was mostly straight for the very same reasons you and many others gave (one of the guys, lack of patience with women, etc.) , but then I also thought that based on this vibe I got (based on pics + videos, mainly), plus a few comments she made many years ago about the women lining up for her ("not sexually, thank God"), there is also a possibility that she may be attracted to women as well, but she does not harp on it much because of its possible effect on her career, given the time period said comments were made.
Christine has struck me as being a little paranoid concerning homosexuality. And it's possible that that's a defense mechanism. Like when she said that there was a lot of love going around and she saw John and Lindsey together and then she was quick to say, but don't read anything funny into that! I thought that was a little strange.

I used to work for two partners. They were co-owners of a firm and the firm had both of their names, so it was obvious that they were partners in that firm. But when Tom would say, "This is my partner Paul," Paul would always quickly add, "my business partner." No reason to do that. No one would have thought otherwise. It made me think Paul was a little paranoid.

Michele
Old 12-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I used to work for two partners. They were co-owners of a firm and the firm had both of their names, so it was obvious that they were partners in that firm. But when Tom would say, "This is my partner Paul," Paul would always quickly add, "my business partner." No reason to do that. No one would have thought otherwise. It made me think Paul was a little paranoid.
If you were a Gay man you might understand this better.