Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-11-2004, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac Played Washington on Thur!!!!!

Fleetwood Mac channeled the good old days (i.e., the 1970s) and jammed for more than 90 minutes Thursday night at the Warner Theatre.

Missed it? Don't feel too bad. Unless you were one of the top 200 Lexus dealers in the country, you weren't invited. Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and JohnMcVie were the surprise entertainment as part of the annual dealers meeting. The luxe crowd swayed in their seats along to "Landslide," "Go Your Own Way," "Stand Back" and the Bill Clinton-era anthem, "Don't Stop."

"Our journey has been a long and mostly estranged one," Buckingham told the audience, "but the point is, we're here." After Nicks (yes, gloved and with scarves and shawls a-flowing) and Buckingham thanked the crowd and exited stage right, drummer Fleetwood told the dealers: "I watch your showrooms with envy." We also hear that before the gang left Washington yesterday afternoon, it ordered $300 worth of burgers and fries from Five Guys.

Washington Post
Old 09-11-2004, 06:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
Fleetwood Mac channeled the good old days (i.e., the 1970s) and jammed for more than 90 minutes Thursday night at the Warner Theatre.

Missed it? Don't feel too bad. Unless you were one of the top 200 Lexus dealers in the country, you weren't invited. Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and JohnMcVie were the surprise entertainment as part of the annual dealers meeting. The luxe crowd swayed in their seats along to "Landslide," "Go Your Own Way," "Stand Back" and the Bill Clinton-era anthem, "Don't Stop."

"Our journey has been a long and mostly estranged one," Buckingham told the audience, "but the point is, we're here." After Nicks (yes, gloved and with scarves and shawls a-flowing) and Buckingham thanked the crowd and exited stage right, drummer Fleetwood told the dealers: "I watch your showrooms with envy." We also hear that before the gang left Washington yesterday afternoon, it ordered $300 worth of burgers and fries from Five Guys.

Washington Post
I just saw this. I wonder why they would play for a bunch of Lexus dealers?
Does anyone know? It seems kinda strange to me.

Renee
Old 09-11-2004, 07:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Thursday

Cause they paid them alot of money? Maybe?

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 09-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

I wish I had known...I would've lurked around the Warner at least. And I live only 7 blocks from Five Guys
Old 09-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Cause they paid them alot of money? Maybe?
Duh. No maybe. This isn't about art.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey Buckingham
"Our journey has been a long and mostly estranged one," Buckingham told the audience, "but the point is, we're here."
Has he got some sort of disease? How can any human being say the same thing every night of a tour that lasts a year & a half? Think up any sentence -- anything at all -- & imagine saying it every night for a year & a half. Wouldn't you go nuts? Wouldn't everyone around you go nuts? Wouldn't they think you had some particularly insidious case of Tourette's Syndrome?

How does Kristen cope? When they get up in the morning & she asks him what he wants for breakfast & he says, "Our journey has been a long one, but the point is, we're here," what does she do? "Uhhh . . . yeah . . . "

There's no other conclusion to be drawn: it is freaky. In fact, in the freaky department, Lindsey easily gives Stevie a run for her money. He can't talk extemporaneously -- the way the rest of us talk -- anymore. He's the Stepford Guitarist. Or some sort of alien life form -- perhaps an interstellar worm -- has lodged itself in his cerebellum.

And Mick is out there selling ... WINE?! This band is a doozy. These people are so much more screwed up today than they ever were on cocaine & pot. They make their former selves look like models of behavioral normalcy & mental clarity.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Has he got some sort of disease? How can any human being say the same thing every night of a tour that lasts a year & a half? Think up any sentence -- anything at all -- & imagine saying it every night for a year & a half. Wouldn't you go nuts? Wouldn't everyone around you go nuts? Wouldn't they think you had some particularly insidious case of Tourette's Syndrome?

How does Kristen cope? When they get up in the morning & she asks him what he wants for breakfast & he says, "Our journey has been a long one, but the point is, we're here," what does she do? "Uhhh . . . yeah . . . "

There's no other conclusion to be drawn: it is freaky. In fact, in the freaky department, Lindsey easily gives Stevie a run for her money. He can't talk extemporaneously -- the way the rest of us talk -- anymore. He's the Stepford Guitarist. Or some sort of alien life form -- perhaps an interstellar worm -- has lodged itself in his cerebellum.

And Mick is out there selling ... WINE?! This band is a doozy. These people are so much more screwed up today than they ever were on cocaine & pot. They make their former selves look like models of behavioral normalcy & mental clarity.

That was great David. I'd never advocate drug abuse to anyone, but these are desperate times indeed. Or from a sobering standpoint, maybe they should just try coaxing Chris to come back again.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And Mick is out there selling ... WINE?! This band is a doozy.
Well, in Mick's defense, he's just a whore. Always has been. I'm sure that if you gave him 100 million dollars, and told him it had to last him the rest of his life, he'd find a way to blow it. Then, he'd be on to his next get rich scheme(which would fail, of course, because he's Mick ).
Old 09-11-2004, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
That was hilarious.....

But yeah, maybe they are so insulated from the outside world that they have no idea that everything said is pretty much printed in every review because or mention, cause they don't say a hell of a lot!
Old 09-11-2004, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

David, I don't know if you meant this to be funny but it gave me my laugh of the day=:-)

Thanks, Vianna

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 09-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hmmm....

From what I can recall from past posts from others, it IS the general concensus around here that Chris was the "sanest" (relatively speaking of course) of the five. We all know that she's
NEVER been fond of touring,is getting up there age-wise,has actually hinted that she was never really keen on all the road "drama" (S&L's?)...maybe she saw where they were going "corporate"
wise and it was the last straw??? Just speculating here...
Old 09-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While I'm sure Chris is happy with the fortune she's made, she's never liked touring. Go allllll the way back to the lyrics for Homeward Bound. And she was 29ish then.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I have to agree. Love him, but he is clearly OCD.

I heard about this show weeks ago - a friend of mine was doing the set. But I was uncertain of the date or venue. Just knew it was DC, Lexus, and this week. Suppose I could have gone if I wanted to schlep my butt to DC, but I have bigger fish to fry.
And yes, of course they got a truckload of money for it. Probably more than they made each night of this last leg of the tour.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:

This made me laugh so hard...Stepford Guitarist! Bwaaaaahahahahahahaha!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Oh that's kind of depressing.
Oh, I don't know. Getting paid for a warm up show before Atlantic City isn't that bad.

I mean, in terms of greed is one private corporate show any worse than charging $150 a ticket for the rest of the tour?