Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I love to please my Dee.

I hope we get lucky enough to get a SOTM from every show.

Thank you for all the tv show videos you have posted for all of us.

Wow, I am really honored you would create an account just to say this.

The reason I asked is because I wasn't sure if everyone was just going straight to youtube themselves and searching or just relying on us Ledgies. I love to contribute when I can. I also love when SpyNote posts an entire concert of videos in one post. Now that takes a lot of effort.
No problem Viv .I enjoy sharing what I have of FM and its members.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi guys......I was at the Toronto show, I posted Sisters of the Moon on YouTube. Missed the beginning, sorry. If someone could post it here for me, I forget how

Old 04-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm So Afraid

Stand Back

Go Your Own Way

Old 04-18-2013, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm So Afraid

Stand Back

Go Your Own Way

Vivfox, the "Stand Back" vid you embedded is ISA. Here's one that I found:

Old 04-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tusk

Old 04-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Happy to oblidge

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post
Hi guys......I was at the Toronto show, I posted Sisters of the Moon on YouTube. Missed the beginning, sorry. If someone could post it here for me, I forget how
Old 04-20-2013, 03:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Velvet Rope Magazine April 17, 2013
http://velvetropemagazine.com/2013/0...t-for-the-70s/

Fleetwood Mac Puts On A Concert for the 70’s
by: Craig Dubecki

A full house of likely three-generations of families, paid witness to an epic concert last night at the ACC thanks to Fleetwood Mac turning the clock back some thirty-five years! It totally rocked! This was the closest to a “real” 1970’s concert that you will experience! I’ve lost count of the number of major concerts I have seen. Last time I checked it was well over two hundred. A good percentage of them have been Classic Rock bands. I cannot remember the last time I saw such an amazing “greatest hits” concert! Fleetwood Mac, consisting of Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks (Christine McVie being the only main member missing) entertained a very lively and connected crowd for over two-and-a-half hours. They have never played or sounded better!

Growing up in the generation that spawned bands such as Fleetwood Mac, I always considered them to be more the sum of the parts. In other words, no one shone over the other. They had hit after hit and it was the “band” that stood out. Last night, while the band certainly did shine as a whole, it became clear the individual talent that each had and how it has not been lost with the ages!

Starting out with a bang in “Second Hand News” followed by “The Chain” and “Dreams”, the hits just came oncoming with “Rhiannon”, a few songs from Tusk including a terrific live concert version of Tusk itself. A new song “Sad Angel” was tested out on us and I have to tell you, they still have the great song-writing skills!

Stevie pulled out a song she wrote for Lindsey circa 1974 called “Without You”. This was the song back in the early 70’s that convinced Mick to invite Stevie and Lindsay to join the band. “Never Going Back Again”, “Gold Dust Woman”, rocked us while the beautiful “Silver Springs”, the ever-enchanting, “Sara” the whimsical “Gypsy” and “Sisters of the Moon” balanced out the soft passion from the intensity that oozes out from this band.

If it weren’t for Stevie Nick’s voice being so 70’s strong, Lindsey Buckingham would have stolen the show. Here is where I go to the sum of the parts being so memorable. Last night? My goodness! Lindsey Buckingham can play the guitar! Rhythm! Lead guitar! Searing solos going to the rare 24th fret at times. I had no idea! He put on a show to end all shows. Mick Fleetwood for sure had his moments with drum solos and background singing. John McVie stood quietly to the side being the backbone for the band, as most bass players do. The remaining band members were stellar!

It was, really about Stevie and Lindsey. Standing about 10 meters apart, it was all business. That is until Stevie waltzed over and sang in front of Lindsey, then seemed to almost collapse into him, hugging him and maybe, just maybe, for all of us who know the drama that this band has been renowned for, maybe she said, “Lindsey? I love you! Let’s forget about the past **** and enjoy the moment, here in Toronto”! Was Lindsey in tears after that encounter? I think so! “Big Love was the first solo showcase for Lindsay putting us all on the edge of our seat. Later, dedicating a song for her god-children; Mick Fleetwood’s two young girls who were brought on stage at the end if it all, and with Lindsay setting the tone with his acoustic, Stevie provided us with an amazing four minutes of “Landslide”.

The journey we were all part came to a climaxing end with a soaring solo from Lindsay leading into “Stand Back”, “Go Your Own Way”. This is where it truly felt like I was in 1978 with Stevie sporting her infamous black hat and showing us she can still do her trademarked spinning on stage.

Five minutes later the first encore complete with a huge drum solo during “World Turning” followed by Don’t Stop, lead to a second encore featuring the beautiful “Silver Springs”. With just Stevie and Lindsay on stage, fittingly performing a duet of Lindsay’s song he wrote to Stevie about ten years ago, they ended with an emotional “Say Goodbye”.

“Mystical”! “Magical”! “Haunting”! These are all words to describe my take on this event. I try to find moments that make this show special to all who were there. There was deep dialogue between Lindsay, Stevie and us. From the tender moments between Stevie and Lindsay, to Mick bringing his girls on stage, to Lindsay throwing his leather jacket into the crowd, it truly felt like there was a love affair going on between us and the band. How can people leave early from a concert like this? I don’t get it! Fleetwood Mac is back! Big time! We can all enjoy feeling just a little bit younger now!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^^^ Sometimes I forget about those other two members of Fleetwood Mac: Lindsay and Nick.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the reviews that say John and Mick have been relegated to the part of backing band. That's the part they've always played on stage. The only difference is that John used to talk more than he did now. He'd introduce a song or something. But other than that, it's not like he was standing next to Stevie dancing in 1978 and now he's in the shadows alone.

For his part, Mick's role hasn't changed on stage. He still gets to talk and he still gets a solo.

Michele
Old 04-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone know where I can find full version of SOTM??
Old 04-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you for posting that. My husband filmed it with his phone at a moments notice. Its really too bad he didnt get the beginning, but thats my fault

Old 12-28-2013, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[I like this: They were powerful alone and pretty much unstoppable together.

Toronto Sun By Jane Stevenson ,QMI Agency

Top 10 Toronto concerts of 2013, December 27, 2013

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/12/27...ncerts-of-2013

TORONTO - Musical vets and newbies alike delivered the ten best shows in Toronto in 2013. My picks in chronological order:

1. Patti Smith, March 7, AGO: Punk-poet godmother Patti Smith not only unveiled her multi-media Camera Solo show at the Art Gallery of Ontario, but then put in two back-to-back powerful, joyous performances on the same night inside the AGO’s tiny Walker Court in front of 400 people. At the time, I wrote she was “a raw, real and rare creature.”

2. Pink, March 11, Air Canada Centre: This vocal powerhouse was fearless, fun and fierce in a “big top aerial performance meets modern dance recital,” as Pink showed off her flexibility and athleticism in a show that turned her “a rock ‘n’ roll Tinkerbell.” It was so popular, she did another go around in November.

3. Fleetwood Mac, April 16, Air Canada Centre: The Rumours tour - celebrating FM’s juggernaut 1977 disc of the same name - found the group (before bassist John McVie’s cancer diagnosis) back in top form after a three year break. Fuelling it all was the friendly game of musical one-upmanship between former lovers and current bandmates Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. They were powerful alone and pretty much unstoppable together.

4. Yeah Yeah Yeahs, July 1, Echo Beach: Torontonians got a special treat on Canada Day with the arrival of these New York City art-rockers who delivered the only 5/5 show of the year in my estimation. Despite a small crowd, the trio, led by “captivating, lithe and currently blond singer Karen O ... cast their spell.” O first appeared on stage in a head lamp, waving a Canadian flag, wearing a white-fringed sequined jacket and shorts, and sprinkling confetti whenever she could.

5. Depeche Mode, Sept. 1, Molson Canadian Amphitheatre: At their first show in T.O. in four years, this veteran British electro-synth-pop group dazzled with the combination of chiseled and heavily tattooed frontman Dave Gahan and striking visuals on an enormous video screen. Gahan eventually stripped down to just his vest as he danced, twirled, thrust his hips and straddled his mic stand. Oh boy, did he mean business, show business that is.

6. Nine Inch Nails, Oct. 4, Air Canada Centre: It was called the Tension tour but the only straining evident on stage was whenever frontman Trent Reznor leaned forward on his microphone to show off his toned arms during a show “big on drama, lights and smoke.” After a four year hiatus, NIN “was brimming with a revitalized and renewed energy thanks to a terrific sounding new album, Hesitation Marks, with its emphasis on modern electronica and - dare we say it? - optimism.”

7. Simple Minds, Oct. 22, Massey Hall: At their first Toronto show in 11 years, these Scottish dance-rock veterans delivered a triumphant show with charming, impish frontman Jim Kerr - a smiling, warm and animated presence - the centre of it all. “We should be paying you - but we’re Scottish,” joked Kerr as the audience broke out in a prolonged chorus of “la, la, la, las” during Don’t You Forget About Me.

8. Cyndi Lauper, Oct. 27, Massey Hall: “Don’t take pictures up my nose bitch!” said Lauper, a few songs into her She’s So Unusual 30th anniversary tour which saw her perform her 1983 debut album in its entirety. Lauper’s take no prisoner attitude towards would be stills and video takers in the audience was what you might expect from someone raised in Queens, N.Y. But when she removed the offending phone out of the person’s hands and put it at the back of the stage, she became this year’s hell-raiser to beat: “You got to know I AM a Sicilian woman!” she said.

9. Beyonce, Dec. 16, Air Canada Centre: There were little AND big girls crying as Queen Bey strutted her formidable stuff in a brighter, tighter return engagement to the ACC after an earlier stop in July. Backed by eight female dancers, and an all-girl 14 piece band, Beyonce’s long blonde hair also effortlessly flowed behind her with a seemingly invisible wind machine at her side at all times. Neat trick.

10. Kanye West, Dec. 22, Air Canada Centre: Yeezus walks. No seriously, the outspoken rapper brought a guy dressed as Jesus out on stage right before the song Jesus Walks, as part of his first show of a two-night ACC stand, which also marked the end of West’s North American Yeezus tour. The over the top production also included a dozen maidens in either white gowns or nude body suits, lots of beaded masks worn by Kanye, and a couple of icebergs as the stage. Oh yeah, and Justin Bieber and Drake in the crowd.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Stevie would like that, too. It goes along with her force of nature spiel.