The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was thinking earlier today when Stevie hits the road with the 24k tour.Everyone's brother and sister,mother,father and the news media will be on her case about the FM album.Maybe more will come out of her about the FM album when this happens .It must be tiring for her hearing about it every day for the last 2 years.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wining about the missed opportunity to play with Prince on stage. And not have the mental capacity of seeing that she is missing out a fullband album when one of her bandmates becomes ill, as she speaks. What a narcism. Blergh.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Wining about the missed opportunity to play with Prince on stage. And not have the mental capacity of seeing that she is missing out a fullband album when one of her bandmates becomes ill, as she speaks. What a narcism. Blergh.
she obviously has a chip on her shoulder about not being the boss in FM like she is solo (she goes on about FM being a team, Lindsey a bit more influential in that team than others, and she's not the boss there).

she clearly doesn't want to record with FM, period. whether because she's not the boss there or she cannot write any good music anymore or some combination of both... so she's making up different incoherent reasons why FM should not release new album.

bottom line: she does not want to record with FM. nothing they offer her will change that - her hand-picked producers, no need for studio time together, recording fast, nothing. she wants to be the boss and not equal player in the team. and FM is a team.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
she obviously has a chip on her shoulder about not being the boss in FM like she is solo (she goes on about FM being a team, Lindsey a bit more influential in that team than others, and she's not the boss there).

she clearly doesn't want to record with FM, period. whether because she's not the boss there or she cannot write any good music anymore or some combination of both... so she's making up different incoherent reasons why FM should not release new album.

bottom line: she does not want to record with FM. nothing they offer her will change that - her hand-picked producers, no need for studio time together, recording fast, nothing. she wants to be the boss and not equal player in the team. and FM is a team.
sadly, I have to agree with you.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is not going to record a new album with Fleetwood Mac ..she is just giving vague and inconsistent info to the media about the subject so she does not have to admit that she is the one that put the kibosh on it.Fleetwood Mac exists now as a mercenary touring unit and that may soon come to an end when one or more of them can no longer slog it out for the moolah.

Old 09-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Stevie's sense of time is certainly very odd. Christine re-joined in January 2014, over two-and-a-half years ago. And Mike, you're right, how long would it really take to record four or five of her songs and do a little overdubbing on Christine and Lindsey's tracks? It could be done and dusted in six weeks (I've obviously drifted off into the realms of fantasy, Ledgies, bear with me... )

But we'll just have to wait and see, I guess. I still think that we will see another Mac album. I've not been a great fan of some of the near-hysterics that have been generated on this thread. Through all of this the only thing that has worried me has been the physical capacity of one or other member of the band to record and it's not great to speculate about matters of health.

I kind of understand after two long Mac tours that Stevie would need a bit of space. So it's just up to that master of all us, Anno Domini to sort everything out and not deal some nasty blows. I count my blessings- I became a fan just before the worst period in the band's history (1988-1996) and I had long given up on the idea of seeing Christine play live with the others. To experience that was truly, truly special.

So take a few deep breaths and grant ourselves the serenity to accept the things we cannot change.

Yes indeed, we need to count our blessings. Totally agree. I get a little tired of the me mentality.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She never enjoyed the tour. Recording would be more unenjoyable. She wants to have fun.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Maybe she's tired of Lindsey recording in his bathroom? Maybe she's tired of only being given 3 slots while Lindsey hogs the album with his solo stuff?

I just think it's funny that you say she's not a team player when we know about all the accommodations the band had to make to keep Lindsey happy after Rumours. Stevie had 3 songs each on FM and Rumours, but she sang lead on only 2 each. In Tusk, she had 5, Christine had 6, and Lindsey had 9. Then on Mirage, she went down to 3 vs Lindsey's 5, and on Tango she again had 3 vs Lindsey's 5.

On Behind the Mask, Stevie had 3 solo songs, a duet on 1, and appeared prominently on other songs, especially In the Back of My Mind. So yeah, it's obvious she doesn't like to work with Lindsey, but no one thinks he should do anything differently.

Maybe if Stevie wanted to record certain instruments herself in her bathroom without the other band members present, or wanted the produce Lindsey's songs herself, I'd agree she's not much of a team player. Oh wait, that's Lindsey.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

With all this discussion on a new Fleetwood Mac album, I'm starting to wonder if new music is really worth it if Stevie is so reluctant to join the band in the studio. All three of the 1970s albums were of such high quality in part because there was such energy and enthusiasm within the band for what they were doing. Albums made solely for contract requirements, or made with less than adequate artistic motivation from band members, are never that good. I can think of some pretty stale and unexciting rock albums that turn out to be the result of underwhelmed or reluctant artists (i.e R.E.M.'s "Around The Sun", The Rolling Stones' "Dirty Work"). If all Stevie does is show up and record some harmony and leads on her tracks, without being involved with anything else, I'd almost rather not have a new album with her; this strategy is what has always tainted "Tango In The Night" for me, knowing that 1/5 of the band is "there" on record but really was not "there" during creation.

I'm a massive fan of all 5 members, including Stevie. There is no doubt that her involvement is crucial for any new album to reach the highest sales possible; a new FM album without her would certainly be disappointing for most of us, and would probably lead many non-hardcore fans to not bother listening. However, if Christine and Lindsey really think that their new material is worth public hearing, I do hope that they release it in some way or another; their musical chemistry has always produced stellar results. I would actually have a great deal of respect if Lindsey/Christine/John/Mick released something along the lines of a digital release (in lossless format, of course) and did some sort of promotion. Then, the band could still continue as a 5 piece touring group playing "the hits", and we, the appreciative fans, would have fantastic new music from four excellent musicians.

Old 09-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

With all the speculations on whats going on with this album.Maybe its ALL in the can as they say including her stuff or she did some of it.She now wants to put 24k in the bag and move on to FM next year.I rather see her on a TV interview then with print interviews.I dont trust the print media with their trademark of twisting stories with all the rubbish added to it.They are FOS.....

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Maybe she's tired of Lindsey recording in his bathroom? Maybe she's tired of only being given 3 slots while Lindsey hogs the album with his solo stuff?
When is the last time Lindsey hogged an album? That sure wasn't the case with SYW, which they painstakingly split down the middle. If Stevie wasn't as present on Tango, it was because of her own personal problems. He didn't hog Mirage either. He hogged a record more than 35 years ago.

Michele
Old 09-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Maybe she's tired of Lindsey recording in his bathroom? [B]Maybe she's tired of only being given 3 slots while Lindsey hogs the album with his solo stuff?

I just think it's funny that you say she's not a team player when we know about all the accommodations the band had to make to KEEP LINDSEY HAPPY after Rumours. Stevie had 3 songs each on FM and Rumours, but she sang lead on only 2 each. In Tusk, she had 5, Christine had 6, and Lindsey had 9. Then on Mirage, she went down to 3 vs Lindsey's 5, and on Tango she again had 3 vs Lindsey's 5.

On Behind the Mask, Stevie had 3 solo songs, a duet on 1, and appeared prominently on other songs, especially In the Back of My Mind. So yeah, it's obvious she doesn't like to work with Lindsey, but no one thinks he should do anything differently.

Maybe if Stevie wanted to record certain instruments herself in her bathroom without the other band members present, or wanted the produce Lindsey's songs herself, I'd agree she's not much of a team player. Oh wait, that's Lindsey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
With all this discussion on a new Fleetwood Mac album, I'm starting to wonder if new music is really worth it if Stevie is so reluctant to join the band in the studio. All three of the 1970s albums were of such high quality in part because there was such energy and enthusiasm within the band for what they were doing. Albums made solely for contract requirements, or made with less than adequate artistic motivation from band members, are never that good. I can think of some pretty stale and unexciting rock albums that turn out to be the result of underwhelmed or reluctant artists (i.e R.E.M.'s "Around The Sun", The Rolling Stones' "Dirty Work"). If all Stevie does is show up and record some harmony and leads on her tracks, without being involved with anything else, I'd almost rather not have a new album with her; this strategy is what has always tainted "Tango In The Night" for me, knowing that 1/5 of the band is "there" on record but really was not "there" during creation.

I'm a massive fan of all 5 members, including Stevie. There is no doubt that her involvement is crucial for any new album to reach the highest sales possible; a new FM album without her would certainly be disappointing for most of us, and would probably lead many non-hardcore fans to not bother listening. However, if Christine and Lindsey really think that their new material is worth public hearing, I do hope that they release it in some way or another; their musical chemistry has always produced stellar results. I would actually have a great deal of respect if Lindsey/Christine/John/Mick released something along the lines of a digital release (in lossless format, of course) and did some sort of promotion. Then, the band could still continue as a 5 piece touring group playing "the hits", and we, the appreciative fans, would have fantastic new music from four excellent musicians.
If Lindsey would let Stevie steer the ship on her songs a Large portion of the problems could possibly be solved...But I imagine hell will freeze over before Lindsey lets Stevie take the credit for her songs being good...
Old 09-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm beginning to think the music won't come out before I die. (I'm 19)
Old 09-09-2016, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
When is the last time Lindsey hogged an album? That sure wasn't the case with SYW, which they painstakingly split down the middle. If Stevie wasn't as present on Tango, it was because of her own personal problems. He didn't hog Mirage either. He hogged a record more than 35 years ago.

Michele
Even then he really didn't hog it .If you add up the times of Stevie's 5 Tusk songs and his 9 it is about equal.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
If Lindsey would let Stevie steer the ship on her songs a Large portion of the problems could possibly be solved...But I imagine hell will freeze over before Lindsey lets Stevie take the credit for her songs being good...
Lindsey might think it was an even trade off, if it meant he stopped getting blamed for his songs being bad.

I bet he would be thrilled if she used another producer and all the reviews pointed out her songs stunk and his and Christine's songs got more critical recognition. That would be a triumph for him.

Michele