The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-01-2020, 07:42 AM

Default Article: Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks sent a letter to Lindsey.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/fleet...f8qnQUMLihWWJY
Old 10-01-2020, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Haha this thread should have been called Nicks finally admits she got Lindsey fired and for no reason.

Disappointed in you babe for going with the misleading airy fairy clickbait instead.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-01-2020, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This article is a train wreck.

Clearly she uses the death of her parents to justify her behavior, it's got nothing to do with some connection with her deceased parents. History and previous anecdotes tell us that of all people, it would be her parents that would advise her to calm down and work it out with Lindsey. Definitely not burn it to the ground in the last chapter of your collective lives.

The latest edition of who can Stevie attatch herself to - Cameron Crowe. He's been getting a ton of press for the anniversary of Almost Famous, so it's no suprise that he's the latest flavor of the month over at Camp Santa Monica to direct her music video.

Never suffered from depression, eh? I guess 1992-1995 never happened. What happened to all that talk about coming off coke, getting put on klonopin, getting severely depressed about the state of your career and weight gain. I mean, that was a good 15 minute segment of Behind the Music in itself.

What Fleetwood Mac records did you reconvene with Fleetwood Mac for? The beginning stages of Say You Will are quickly approaching the 20 year mark. It's been 17 years since it's release. You've declined to participate in every formal plea to make an album since, with the exception of the Extended Play EP. What the literall h*ll are you talking about?

You're suprised about the Lindsey fallout? you mean you're suprised you lit the moltov cocktail and threw it over the fence? And how ironic she wouldn't talk about it at the time, but she has no problem talking about it when shlepping her latest project to the press. You have to squeeze in those juicy Lindsey bits to sweeten up the pot, eh? The same way she exploited RGB to talk about her own inflated self.

That Fleetwood Mac tour was an effing bomb, she knows it, the band knows it, everybody knows it. If that tour was so special the way they talked it up, why aren't they releasing a film of that tour instead of Stevie's solo tour from 4 years ago. She'll talk about Lindsey before mentioning the "new band" version of Fleetwood Mac. This is also the second time she's referred to Fleetwood Mac "breaking up" so again the whole "new band" pitch Mick used to sell that tour was in fact, coomplete garbage. There was no effing interest in carrying on as a band. It was strictly about the tour and the money. Straight from Mike Campbell's mouth - he's sent over demos to her and doesn't even get a phone call back.

Just remember, records take too long to make and don't make enough cash...
Unless it's her solo album and it's all about her.
Unless she can attatch Harry Styles to it and then it will sell more copies.
Unless she can exploit Lindsey's heart attack and draw from the well of "Lindsey-Stevie" drama that she's exploited for years to gain herself attention (when talking up Fleetwood Mac tours she was more than happy to agree to)
Unless she can exploit RGB to talk about herself when promoting her latest project.

Last edited by BigAl84; 10-01-2020 at 08:35 AM..
Old 10-01-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Haha this thread should have been called Nicks finally admits she got Lindsey fired and for no reason.

Disappointed in you babe for going with the misleading airy fairy clickbait instead.
Please put me on probation!! Don't make me give up my Lindsey card!!
Old 10-01-2020, 08:42 AM

Agree completely. She wisely ropes the Shippers in so she can sell. She's really become a human piece of garbage. PLEASE KEEP ME RELEVANT!! I have nothing else in my life but leeches and blind fans!!!

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-01-2020 at 01:23 PM..
Old 10-01-2020, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Ok let me put my trained statement analysis to work:

A few things really floored me. First was her acknowledging fan pushback on her RBG tribute to bring up Lindsey. Used it as if she was the victim.

Notice how she kept saying this was long over due and it was going on for a very long time however she NEVER explains what it was. What exactly has Lindsey been doing to you for so many years that you finally had a breaking point? Tell us. If it was something so bad, the readers would understand. She has never said why. Mick only hinted that Stevie thought Lindsey was mocking her at the awards ceremony.

Spill the beans if you were treated so bad. Good grief you make tens of millions of dollars on tour with the Mac, take separate limos to shows, stay in different hotel rooms and barely see Lindsey.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I totally agree. You are a multi-million dollar organization. When you tour, you employ many and makes millions. You can't work things out after 50 years!? Go to couples therapy. Many rock groups have done it in the past. I never saw evidence of Lindsey mocking Stevie at the Musicares event. She made that up and there is video evidence of it. And the gall to act as if the fans should just get over it. We have invested years into this group of 5 people. She is clueless. And to actually send a letter to Lindsey, not to apologize, but to tell him to be grateful to be alive and how to conduct himself... slow down, take care etc..., like he wouldn't know that? I am really amazed at her. She should just leave Fleetwood Mac and be just a solo act. It's really all she cares about anyway.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-01-2020, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I am really amazed at her. She should just leave Fleetwood Mac and be just a solo act. It's really all she cares about anyway.
But would Lindsey come back? I'D HOPE NOT. F*CK them, the whole lot of them. THEY f*cked him over, by allowing the Goat the demand his firing.

THEY RUINED THE ENDING OF THE BAND OF MY ENTIRE LIFE. F*CK THEM.
Old 10-01-2020, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
This article is a train wreck.

Clearly she uses the death of her parents to justify her behavior, it's got nothing to do with some connection with her deceased parents. History and previous anecdotes tell us that of all people, it would be her parents that would advise her to calm down and work it out with Lindsey. Definitely not burn it to the ground in the last chapter of your collective lives.

The latest edition of who can Stevie attatch herself to - Cameron Crowe. He's been getting a ton of press for the anniversary of Almost Famous, so it's no suprise that he's the latest flavor of the month over at Camp Santa Monica to direct her music video.

Never suffered from depression, eh? I guess 1992-1995 never happened. What happened to all that talk about coming off coke, getting put on klonopin, getting severely depressed about the state of your career and weight gain. I mean, that was a good 15 minute segment of Behind the Music in itself.

What Fleetwood Mac records did you reconvene with Fleetwood Mac for? The beginning stages of Say You Will are quickly approaching the 20 year mark. It's been 17 years since it's release. You've declined to participate in every formal plea to make an album since, with the exception of the Extended Play EP. What the literall h*ll are you talking about?

You're suprised about the Lindsey fallout? you mean you're suprised you lit the moltov cocktail and threw it over the fence? And how ironic she wouldn't talk about it at the time, but she has no problem talking about it when shlepping her latest project to the press. You have to squeeze in those juicy Lindsey bits to sweeten up the pot, eh? The same way she exploited RGB to talk about her own inflated self.

That Fleetwood Mac tour was an effing bomb, she knows it, the band knows it, everybody knows it. If that tour was so special the way they talked it up, why aren't they releasing a film of that tour instead of Stevie's solo tour from 4 years ago. She'll talk about Lindsey before mentioning the "new band" version of Fleetwood Mac. This is also the second time she's referred to Fleetwood Mac "breaking up" so again the whole "new band" pitch Mick used to sell that tour was in fact, coomplete garbage. There was no effing interest in carrying on as a band. It was strictly about the tour and the money. Straight from Mike Campbell's mouth - he's sent over demos to her and doesn't even get a phone call back.

Just remember, records take too long to make and don't make enough cash...
Unless it's her solo album and it's all about her.
Unless she can attatch Harry Styles to it and then it will sell more copies.
Unless she can exploit Lindsey's heart attack and draw from the well of "Lindsey-Stevie" drama that she's exploited for years to gain herself attention (when talking up Fleetwood Mac tours she was more than happy to agree to)
Unless she can exploit RGB to talk about herself when promoting her latest project.
I wanna say that your post was excellent. The only disagreement I have was that the Evening with Fleetwood Mac In Concert Tour 2018-2019 was not a financial bomb. They charged high and mostly did well.
But if you're an artist, then it was a bomb. If you're an artist, you play your own work. People become songwriters to sing their own songs. Stevie talks about not doing the same old, but she sang all of the same songs she always does.
When Lindsey wasn't around for the Tango/Shake the Cage and 1990 BTM tours, they at least played new songs. On the 2013 tour, they played new songs and gems. On Unleashed, they did Oh Well, SYLM, a great version of Stand Back, and Monday Morning.

She brought Lindsey up without being asked about him. And why is a person insane for commenting about Lindsey on her RBG post? The person got their comment acknowledged as high up as it could've been that's for sure!
Old 10-01-2020, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
And why is a person insane for commenting about Lindsey on her RBG post? The person got their comment acknowledged as high up as it could've been that's for sure!
I was wondering if that could have been a Ledgie. Like maybe secondhandchain? If it was great work.

Old 10-01-2020, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I was wondering if that could have been a Ledgie. Like maybe secondhandchain? If it was great work.
She needs rubber stamp people around her. I'm surprise Karen wasn't served a pink slip for not filtering that comment out.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://twitter.com/AmyKinLA/status/...653776896?s=20

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-01-2020, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Good grief you make tens of millions of dollars on tour with the Mac, take separate limos to shows, stay in different hotel rooms and barely see Lindsey.
which is exactly what they've been doing the last number of tours.

Old 10-01-2020, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
which is exactly what they've been doing the last number of tours.
And yet he dared to smirk...

If he'd danced AND smirked $he probably would have had him killed.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
She brought Lindsey up without being asked about him. And why is a person insane for commenting about Lindsey on her RBG post? The person got their comment acknowledged as high up as it could've been that's for sure!
apparently there is a bunch of comments like that on her RBG Instagram post.

looks like that spurred her to try and deflect the blame.