User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2005, 04:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
I still can't get it that my thread with a link to CVB's creepy live-version of tusk got two responses. Why are we together here? To babble about trivia only? So I don't put myself above anyone. I just don't get it...as I don't get it That Turn It On is put away in round two.
The reason I didn't response to your thread Gerald is because that file was about17MB, which is a massive thing to download when you're on dial-up.

I think the reasons you've cited are why you should stick around. Maybe there's too much shipper talk at the moment, but there's always new blood joining The Ledge. It's always changing round here, not always for the worse.

In the end it's up to you though...
Old 09-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
excuse me, but I'm a bit mad at you.
Didn't you read all the posts of people who'd love you to stick around? I guess we're not that important though? It's disrespectful. Thanks a lot. I'm not going to beg for you to stay around, as much as I'd miss you here.
Flikker dan maar op.

I like your style, Mari, but you knew that. Ofcourse it's great that people want you to stick around. And you know I'm still here, trying to search for words to describe the beauty of Shut Us Down, for instance. But still, there's the selfish side to a human being when he's fed up with something and pissed to the bones: one is not counting their blessings but gathering **** to make it easier to part.

I'll stick around awhile to see if things are going to change for the better.
Thanks to you guys, and of course thanks to Shut Us Down....

Old 09-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
The reason I didn't response to your thread Gerald is because that file was about17MB, which is a massive thing to download when you're on dial-up.

I think the reasons you've cited are why you should stick around. Maybe there's too much shipper talk at the moment, but there's always new blood joining The Ledge. It's always changing round here, not always for the worse.

In the end it's up to you though...
No prob, sharon.It's just an example for making my point. You're defenately one of the reasons why it would be hard to leave. Your 60-70-80-90-00-threads really put my musiccloset upside down, for instance. Thanks again for that.
gerald

Old 09-13-2005, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
Aw, I was just trying to make you feel better. Turn It On blows with its funky pronunciations. Glad it's gone.

Happy now? lol
Fighting about it BEFORE the guillotine chops is fun, Nancy. Not afterwards, when the spunk is out, and there's nothing to fight for. If everybody's so predictable you should have known that your remark would have never made me feel better. You KNOW I rather crack the nut than look at it and enjoy it's shape.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:41 AM
ReFleetwoodMac
This message has been deleted by ReFleetwoodMac.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Fighting about it BEFORE the guillotine chops is fun, Nancy. Not afterwards, when the spunk is out, and there's nothing to fight for. If everybody's so predictable you should have known that your remark would have never made me feel better. You KNOW I rather crack the nut than look at it and enjoy it's shape.
Everybody is predictable, but I thought my comment would lighten things up a bit. Obviously I was wrong!

Oh well. I'll be brutally honest, then. I'm not going to apologize for voting for Soul Drifter. It's an incredible song and if you don't like that Turn it On lost to it, too bad, so sad. That's life. Suck it up and move on.

Old 09-13-2005, 12:23 PM
ReFleetwoodMac
Old 09-13-2005, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not going to apologize for voting for Soul Drifter.
...and I never asked you to.

Old 09-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I like your style, Mari, but you knew that. Ofcourse it's great that people want you to stick around. And you know I'm still here, trying to search for words to describe the beauty of Shut Us Down, for instance. But still, there's the selfish side to a human being when he's fed up with something and pissed to the bones: one is not counting their blessings but gathering **** to make it easier to part.

I'll stick around awhile to see if things are going to change for the better.
Thanks to you guys, and of course thanks to Shut Us Down....
Hehhee it worked
Well, I like you too, Gerald, but now get over yourself and stay, ok?

on edit, I do want to add something important, that did not mean I'd want you to stop argueing because I love a good discussion.

Last edited by Mari; 09-13-2005 at 12:39 PM..
Old 09-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
...and I never asked you to.
No, but you openly threatened to leave if your song was voted out, then replied to my post as the one that put you over the edge. To me, it seemed you were blaming me for spoiling your fun and making you leave by voting my conscience.

How would you feel if the situation were in the reverse? If I threated to leave if Soul Drifter got taken out? You would probably see it as manipulative. You would probably not like it too much if I angrily replied to your vote that made it lose. Just a guess.

Finally, it is silly to expect others to contrive negativity about songs they like in order to keep you entertained by fighting.

And Bobo, I didn't realize that saying one should get over the loss of one's song means that one is not allowed to like that song. Perhaps my post was not clear - sorry to confuse you.

Old 09-13-2005, 12:56 PM
ReFleetwoodMac
Old 09-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If it's silly, that's excellent. I'd rather laugh at people who take themselves too seriously and you're most certainly one of them. I know you mean well, so do I
Old 09-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReFleetwoodMac
I'm so confused. Where's my blankie?
Ah, poor BoBo! Come here for a cuddle, eh. If you dare.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
If it's silly, that's excellent. I'd rather laugh at people who take themselves too seriously and you're most certainly one of them. I know you mean well, so do I
Fine, laugh at me if you like. It wouldn't be the first time others have entertained themselves by ridiculing me. Obviously it's hurtful but fewer and fewer people seem to be concerned with that around here. Perhaps that's part of the reason why people are leaving the Ledge in droves, eh?

Last edited by sodascouts; 09-13-2005 at 01:14 PM..
Old 09-13-2005, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You could laugh at yourself, you know!

It feels useless to say more because we seem to be talking a different language, pardon the pun. Cultural difference, I guess.

Ah, love that edit, eh.
You know what's really stupid?! I forgot in the heat of the argument.. dumb. I guess this tiff started because you thought I was making fun of this particular argument between you and Gerald. I did not. I was talking about all his discussions here, about music, anything. I do like it when someone is not afraid to step in the fire and say his thing.

Last edited by Mari; 09-13-2005 at 01:28 PM..
Old 09-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, but you openly threatened to leave if your song was voted out, then replied to my post as the one that put you over the edge. To me, it seemed you were blaming me for spoiling your fun and making you leave by voting my conscience. .
Well you've got a point there. Sorry. But I was not blaming you, I see now that it was easily interpreted that way.

Quote:
How would you feel if the situation were in the reverse? If I threated to leave if Soul Drifter got taken out? You would probably see it as manipulative. You would probably not like it too much if I angrily replied to your vote that made it lose. Just a guess.
In reverse this would never have happened. If I had tallied the votes as a host I would never had pulled the trigger on one song 4 minutes before closingtime. I would have said to myself: well dumbass you blew it by not voting but it is not very chique to be decisive this late when you're hosting. Next round starts now.

Quote:
Finally, it is silly to expect others to contrive negativity about songs they like in order to keep you entertained by fighting.
Sorry Nancy, but I think that would be silly too. I simply don't understand why you think I'm thinking that.

Old 09-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Well you've got a point there. Sorry. But I was not blaming you, I see now that it was easily interpreted that way.
Thanks.

Quote:
In reverse this would never have happened. If I had tallied the votes as a host I would never had pulled the trigger on one song 4 minutes before closingtime. I would have said to myself: well dumbass you blew it by not voting but it is not very chique to be decisive this late when you're hosting. Next round starts now.
Sorry, but this is completely bogus!! I'm not allowed to vote WITHIN THE TIME PERIOD ALLOTED because I'm the host? That makes no sense! So, how late is too late? Am I not allowed to vote within 5 minutes of the end time? 10 minutes? 30? When does it become "unchique"? And is this only the case when the vote is decisive or can I never vote at the last minute? Would it be OK to vote at the last minute if my vote had been for anything other than "Turn It On"? And is the reasoning behind this that I am dashing the hopes of the other side, poor things, and therefore should not vote because it makes them feel bad? Ridiculous.

Quote:
Sorry Nancy, but I think that would be silly too. I simply don't understand why you think I'm thinking that.
Because you criticized me for saying that all the songs were good.

Last edited by sodascouts; 09-13-2005 at 01:50 PM..
Old 09-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You could laugh at yourself, you know!

It feels useless to say more because we seem to be talking a different language, pardon the pun. Cultural difference, I guess.

Ah, love that edit, eh.
You know what's really stupid?! I forgot in the heat of the argument.. dumb. I guess this tiff started because you thought I was making fun of this particular argument between you and Gerald. I did not. I was talking about all his discussions here, about music, anything. I do like it when someone is not afraid to step in the fire and say his thing.
True, I can laugh at myself more.

And I am notorious for last-minute edits. I always hope I can get them in before anyone reads the first version, but sometimes that's not the case. Embarrassing!