Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-02-2023, 09:47 PM
Ledgie

Default Article: “ Stevie Nicks Sees ‘No Reason’ to Continue Fleetwood Mac”

Brand new article: “Stevie Nicks Sees ‘No Reason’ to Continue Fleetwood Mac”

From the article:

Quote:
When asked if she could envision the group touring again after the death of Christine McVie, her longtime friend and bandmate, the "Edge of Seventeen" singer, 75, told Vulture, "There's no reason to.”

"When Christine died, I felt like you can't replace her. You just can't. Without her, what is it? You know what I mean?" Nicks said.
https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/c...fter-103669033

I can understand how she feels. But have to say: Fleetwood Mac toured without Christine in in 2003, 2009 and 2013. Stevie and the rest of the band was totally okay with touring without Christine then. They didn’t need to “replace” her. Stevie didn’t say “what’s the point?” then. I saw all three of those tours and they were spectacular. Of course, I was thrilled when Christine announced she was rejoining the band in 2014 and loved seeing her with the “original 5” lineup on the 2014 tour. I can understand Stevie sad about losing her friend. But I’m not buying into this “what’s the point” from Stevie now. I feel like she’s just continuing to be difficult, after many years of being difficult and stubborn about new FM music and about everything that went down with firing Lindsey.

I used to be a big fan of Stevie. Not these days.
Old 10-02-2023, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While I generally loathe her now, she finally made a classy decision. And she's right. There is no reason to continue. Christine is dead. Lindsey was fired. John is done...

JESUS CHRIST, WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SEE, TO SEE THAT IT'S OVER? There's no reason to continue with just Mick and Stevie. And bringing Lindsey back would be ridiculous, after the humiliating manner in which he was fired.

Let it go. It's okay. All good things come to an end. Accept it.
Old 10-02-2023, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And there’s nothing to revive anyway. Even if all five of them were alive and rearing to go, what would be the point?

I’ll still listen to and purchase Lindsey albums, should he continue to make them. That’s about it…
Old 10-03-2023, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I totally agree. Her final years are going to be all about her. She's finally used up Fleetwood mac and ready to throw them away.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-03-2023, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I totally agree. Her final years are going to be all about her. She's finally used up Fleetwood mac and ready to throw them away.
Seems like it was the plan all along.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Seems like it was the plan all along.
Growing up, when Stevie heard other singers singing "me, me, me", she didn't realize they were just warming up...
Old 10-03-2023, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Growing up, when Stevie heard other singers singing "me, me, me", she didn't realize they were just warming up...
Please capitalize STEVIE going forward. You've been warned.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As I'm thinking about all of this further...it just reeks of her using Christine as an excuse. Instead of speaking to the elephant in the room, she's choosing to use Christine as her primary talking point and reasoning.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
As I'm thinking about all of this further...it just reeks of her using Christine as an excuse. Instead of speaking to the elephant in the room, she's choosing to use Christine as her primary talking point and reasoning.
Took you long enough...
Old 10-03-2023, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just cant get the thought out of my head that between 2003-early 2013 did we EVER hear Christine's name voluntarily mentioned EVEN ONCE from Stevie without being prompted with a question about her absence? Not to mention "my best friend in the whole world" ?

She's hopped on the plan to vacation in Italy multiple times, I'm sure she took a trip to England to visit her best friend, we just haven't heard about it yet
Old 10-03-2023, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Took you long enough...
It's just beyond infuriating to see Christine added to this growing list of people Stevie has worked with, that she now chooses to exaggerate and exploit for her own benefit or narrative.

This week marked the 6th anniversary of Tom Petty's passing and Free Fallin is still being used as her own feel good showstopper moment.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This week marked the 6th anniversary of Tom Petty's passing .
OMG, how quickly time passed. If someone had asked me, I would have answered 2 or 3 years.

Weird, cause there's only one year difference with Bowie, Frey and Prince deaths and those does seems long ago to me.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Please capitalize STEVIE going forward. You've been warned.
I've got your moderator hanging...

$TEVIE!
Old 10-03-2023, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's just beyond infuriating to see Christine added to this growing list of people Stevie has worked with, that she now chooses to exaggerate and exploit for her own benefit or narrative.
Few people know that Christine, Tom Petty, Prince, John Lewis, and the spirits of John Lennon and MLK used to hang out at Stevie's house in Phoenix discussing Rock-a-Little Barbie as a viable product.
Old 10-03-2023, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Few people know that Christine, Tom Petty, Prince, John Lewis, and the spirits of John Lennon and MLK used to hang out at Stevie's house in Phoenix discussing Rock-a-Little Barbie as a viable product.
That Rock-a-Little Barbie comes with a razor and mirror, right?