Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-05-2023, 06:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default 50th Anniversary of Buckingham Nicks

50 years ago, Buckingham Nicks was released on September 5, 1973. What are your thoughts on this momentous occasion?
Old 09-05-2023, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Wow. Thanks for pointing this out. Its crazy how its never been re-released on CD. I never could understand why especially after the success of them with the Mac and solo stuff. I remember interviews Stevie would give interviews in the 1980s and she could not explain it either. She was not aware who owned what. I think even Lindsey hinted in the 1980s that "someday" it will happen.
It's one of the biggest mysteries in rock. When Christine released her solo album in 1984 she was irked that her Christine Perfect album was being re-released to capitalize on her success. I think she even joked and told people not to buy it.
You would have thought with all the money they made one of them would have bought the rights decades ago.
Old 09-05-2023, 08:03 AM

I love this album. It's really really good.

Crystal (which is possibly my fav FM song) is my least favorite on the album.

Frozen Love is my fav.
Old 09-05-2023, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
What are your thoughts on this momentous occasion?
If we could start again
Well, who knows
Have we really changed?
Some say we have
Reflecting our past
Who can say?

Races are run
Some people win
Some people always have to lose
Old 09-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the album immensely, but the anniversary brings up a bit more bittersweetness than usual. It's a bummer that the album hasn't been given its proper due. Of all things to fall victim to the worst run franchise in rock 'n roll, it's a shame that this album has to be one of them.

Given the recent events that have occurred, I'm pretty sure a release won't happen until they're both gone - if at all. We all know how amazing a proper release and tour/live component could be, it's a shame it will probably never happen. It's probably the biggest missed opportunity of 2013.
Old 09-05-2023, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I love the album immensely, but the anniversary brings up a bit more bittersweetness than usual. It's a bummer that the album hasn't been given its proper due. Of all things to fall victim to the worst run franchise in rock 'n roll, it's a shame that this album has to be one of them.

Given the recent events that have occurred, I'm pretty sure a release won't happen until they're both gone - if at all. We all know how amazing a proper release and tour/live component could be, it's a shame it will probably never happen. It's probably the biggest missed opportunity of 2013.
I’ll go to my grave saying they should have morphed the Mac into this in 1998 when Chris refused to sign on for more dates. The hype around them was massive and reissuing on CD (back when people were still buying CDs) for the 25th anniversary would have been amazingly profitable. They could have toured with Mick and John and taken out Chris’s songs to create a Buckingham Nicks mini set during the show.

How it has never been rereleased to CD or on any streaming service is beyond me. They’re so dumb at business. Absolute morons.
Old 09-05-2023, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love this album. It's really really good.

Crystal (which is possibly my fav FM song) is my least favorite on the album.

Frozen Love is my fav.
Wow, I didn’t know you liked Crystal that much. I do, too. It really is a beautiful song.

Races Are Run is probably my favorite song off Buck/Nicks. I really like the lyrics a lot.
Old 09-05-2023, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Wow, I didn’t know you liked Crystal that much. I do, too. It really is a beautiful song.

Races Are Run is probably my favorite song off Buck/Nicks. I really like the lyrics a lot.
I adore this album, but not this version of Crystal. And Stevie's solo version is horrible. Having said that, I love the White album version.
Old 09-05-2023, 12:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I’ll go to my grave saying they should have morphed the Mac into this in 1998 when Chris refused to sign on for more dates. The hype around them was massive and reissuing on CD (back when people were still buying CDs) for the 25th anniversary would have been amazingly profitable. They could have toured with Mick and John and taken out Chris’s songs to create a Buckingham Nicks mini set during the show.

How it has never been rereleased to CD or on any streaming service is beyond me. They’re so dumb at business. Absolute morons.
There were a lot of opportunities to give ''Buckingham Nicks'' a proper release, but none of them were taken. Given the current state of their voices, touring this album seems incredibly unfeasible. The vocal harmonies on that album was one of its biggest draws, and neither of them can really pull them off now. I'll be curious to see if either of them mention the album's 50th anniversary on their social media accounts.
Old 09-05-2023, 12:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart On this day...

Currently listening to it - and... Stevie and Lindsey both posted about it. Same post, same time and tagging each other.
That IS bitter sweet.
Old 09-05-2023, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missundercover View Post
Currently listening to it - and... Stevie and Lindsey both posted about it. Same post, same time and tagging each other.
That IS bitter sweet.
The songs on B/N remind Stevie of Christine McVie.
Old 09-05-2023, 12:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

- whatever the reason. It is timeless and without it... so many of my favorite songs from Fleetwood Mac wouldn't exist. So... I sure do love it.
Old 09-05-2023, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a couple high quality digital recordings and the vinyl but would love to have an official box set with extras. It’s way too late for a concert to promote it. 2003 would have been the best time. Unfortunately the harmony days are over.😢
Old 09-05-2023, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post

I don't know if anyone else will remember this, but way back sometime between 2000-2001 there was a big rumor going around about a Buckingham Nicks tour. There was even a list of alleged tour dates circulating. I'm pretty sure this was all well before the Say You Will project was even announced. There was a long stretch between the end of the Dance Tour and the release of Trouble In Shangri-La...there wasn't much of anything happening in the FM orbit.
Old 09-05-2023, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always loved Buckingham Shemp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lolfmBuckSHEMP.jpg (37.4 KB, 6 views)