Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^
I heard they're playing in Detroit tomorrow night.

We're getting the snow now, should make for an interesting game at Soldier Field!
Old 12-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Well David, look at what you have done now ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Hey there, greetings from the great white north... Literally. As I type this, we have already had 5 inches of snow fall in just the last 3 hours. I made home from the bf's place about 25 miles from where I live, but not without 3 spinouts in front of me on the freeway! They say this strom is going to be one of the ALL TIME top 5 snowfalls here with about 20 inches of snow falling here by Saturday night. Then as if that wasnt enough, winds are blowing in excess of 30 miles an hour and temps are going to fall to -10F by Saturday evening! Oh btw, anyone wanna come for a visit?
Sure it was an innocent little posting about how lovely the snow can be at this time of year ....

But now you have caused the worst natural disaster to hit North America in six months ....

Just because you wanted to state how nice it is to take a 1 mile hike in the snow ....

I hope you are happy ....

Just look at the conditions right now at Soldier Field in Chicago .... (Go Pats),

My goodness it looks like Toronto in July .... (eh ?),

You should be ashamed of what you have caused ....

Also,

Your indiscretion has caused the Transportation Minister in Scotland to quit his post .... due to a 2 day shutdown of the highway from Glasgow to Edinburgh, caused by your lovely snow, (all 2 inches of it),

Anyway, I hope you are happy ....

BTW,

This snow event had better not interfere with my plans this week to go to Vegas, (staying at the Aria; comp), &, also heading to LA, (The Joint, to see the Waddy Wachtel Band, for the 2nd time, including Brett Tuggle, Jimmy Paxson, &, Al Ortiz), this Friday the 17th of December, (see y'all there),

Old 12-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeof27 View Post
Sure it was an innocent little posting about how lovely the snow can be at this time of year ....

Just because you wanted to state how nice it is to take a 1 mile hike in the snow ....

You should be ashamed of what you have caused .... the highway from Glasgow to Edinburgh, caused by your lovely snow, (all 2 inches of it),

Anyway, I hope you are happy
I know this is all tongue in cheek but he said there was 20.7 inches of snow. That's almost 2 feet, not inches.

Here's video of the roof caving in: http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows...a-20ed0a175567

Last edited by vivfox; 12-12-2010 at 10:46 PM..
Old 12-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default How are things in the Great White North now ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeof27 View Post

But now you have caused the worst natural disaster to hit North America in six months ....

Just look at the conditions right now at Soldier Field in Chicago .... (Go Pats),

My goodness it looks like Toronto in July .... (eh ?),

You should be ashamed of what you have caused ....

Also,

Your indiscretion has caused the Transportation Minister in Scotland to quit his post .... due to a 2 day shutdown of the highway from Glasgow to Edinburgh, caused by your lovely snow, (all 2 inches of it),

Anyway, I hope you are happy ....

BTW,

This snow event had better not interfere with my plans this week to go to Vegas, (staying at the Aria; comp), &, also heading to LA, (The Joint, to see the Waddy Wachtel Band, for the 2nd time, including Brett Tuggle, Jimmy Paxson, &, Al Ortiz), this Friday the 17th of December, (see y'all there),

David,

I do hope that you realize I was posting in jest,

hopefully the aftermath of the storm has not been too bad for you,

the findings here are that while initially the snow is quite beautiful, it can be a "beach" to clear all of the white stuff, &, can be quite deadly ......

watch the heart-rate when clearing .....

g.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i was on my way back from wisconsin during this blizzard and let me tell you-wisconsin didn't get **** compared to what illinois got the drive from wisconsin to my house is approx 7 hours normally. it took us 9 and we were still 150 miles away from home when we decided to pull over for the night. zero visibility due to the wind. i think i saw on CNN where 16 people died.

we pulled over in a rest area (at the easy beginning part of the trip) and about 35 miles south there had been a huge car pile up and they shut the interstate down. we only found this out because there was a couple at the rest area whose daughter had been in the pile up and they couldn't get to her. they had no idea of her condition and were waiting on the police to come get them.

when we finally made our way to the hotel (at one point it took us 1 hour to get 10 miles) there was a truck driver who had put his semi in the ditch and sat in the cold for 4 hours. when the police finally came, the car in front of him (also in the ditch) had a boy who had frostbite on both feet and his dad had had a heart attack

i was very happy to finally be home safe and sound-even if i'd only had a few hours of sleep in a shotty hotel