User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-02-2021, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
They recorded and toured while they had young children, that was their choice and was their prerogative, but it had consequences to the childhoods of their children. Depends which you think is more important.
Mick’s daughters, John’s daughter, Billy’s sons, and especially Neil’s son seem none the worse for wear. Actually, Billy and Bekka themselves seem okay having grown up around it.

Quote:
Most parents who work come home (however late or early) each day. Touring is a bit different, and once your kids are in school, them touring with you (not that on the road with a band, even a band that travels as well as FM, is a stable or amenable environment for young kids) is not an option.

Mick has real regrets about how his older kids were raised as he put his career above all else. To each their own.
Still, to use that as an excuse (which Lindsey himself isn’t doing, to be clear) is disingenuous. Countless artists have kids and tour. Lindsey chose not to, which is fine. Touring wasn’t exactly his thing to begin with.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-02-2021, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I really love the bass/keyboard interplay on “Never Forget” (which I’m noticing more now that I’ve been studying the sheet music).

And I adore the vocal round at the end of “Honey Hi.”

[Just persisting in the delusion that a Christine thread can continue to be about Christine.]

i'll stop answering to distractions, sorry for adding my part to it so far.

i ADORE Think About Me. all recorded versions we've heard.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-02-2021, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Mick’s daughters, John’s daughter, Billy’s sons, and especially Neil’s son seem none the worse for wear. Actually, Billy and Bekka themselves seem okay having grown up around it.

Still, to use that as an excuse (which Lindsey himself isn’t doing, to be clear) is disingenuous. Countless artists have kids and tour. Lindsey chose not to, which is fine. Touring wasn’t exactly his thing to begin with.
why do you care?
Old 01-02-2021, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
why do you care?
I really don’t, but someone else brought it up. My only point was that Lindsey was largely absent from the public eye for five years after the reunion was over, compared to the other person who co-fronted Fleetwood Mac from 2001-13.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-03-2021, 12:05 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You know, if I had to pick ONE FM song, that's my song forever, it would be Think About Me. I love everything about that song!

It doesn't/didn't get the love it deserved.
Agreed, it's such a fun song. I didn't take to it right at first but its grown on me a lot over time.

I wish they did it live more often in their heyday! It seems like it would be a fun one in concert. Certainly more so than something like Over My Head.

My overall pick has to be Brown Eyes though. Simple and perfect. There's nothing about the song that I would change, its simply a MOOD.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 01-03-2021, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Agreed, it's such a fun song. I didn't take to it right at first but its grown on me a lot over time.

I wish they did it live more often in their heyday! It seems like it would be a fun one in concert. Certainly more so than something like Over My Head.

My overall pick has to be Brown Eyes though. Simple and perfect. There's nothing about the song that I would change, its simply a MOOD.
Love “Brown Eyes.” What do you think of the earlier version called “Yesterday’s Tears” with the Peter Green guitar? I love her voice and the two guitars on that earlier version but I think the revised version has better (and sparer) words and the whole aura on the final take is pure sex.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

i'll stop answering to distractions, sorry for adding my part to it so far.

i ADORE Think About Me. all recorded versions we've heard.
You don’t have to apologize, elle. I was, as the Brits like to say, “taking the mick” (which has nothing to do with Mick).
Old 01-03-2021, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was hoping Never Make Me Cry would be rearranged as an acoustic number for the LBCM tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-03-2021, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Over My Head was never a favorite of mine, EXCEPT for the "Live 1980" album. I LOVE that version! That rocking guitar intro!
Old 01-03-2021, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, it really is, especially for a multimillionaire. As I said, it was his choice, his priority. I’m not critiquing the choice, but to have it used as an excuse is pretty disingenuous. Most parents, even ones with little babies, have to work. He had the luxury of being able to take time off and chose to do so.
As Springsteen had the luxury and chose to be there for Patti and his son and daughter.

It's quite judgmental to express that Lindsey absolutely could've released music and toured from 98-2001 as if pregnancies are all the same. You don't know what the home life was like. I respect that he was there for his family. He worked hard to earn his life and the ability to stay home. Distaste for Lindsey shouldn't have you express that he was lazy or couldn't handle being a father and "working".

Most parents don't get to choose their work hours either. Stevie complained about having to rehearse at 2:00pm because she got out of bed each day at 2:00pm.

If you want to compare Fleetwood Mac to real-world working people, you're going to be disappointed because Stevie Nicks complains about any career similarities to a Monday through Friday 9am-5pm.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 01-03-2021 at 11:06 AM..
Old 01-03-2021, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick’s daughters, John’s daughter, Billy’s sons, and especially Neil’s son seem none the worse for wear.
Neil's sons are working for their father too in Crowded House. A lot of privilege.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was hoping Never Make Me Cry would be rearranged as an acoustic number for the LBCM tour.
Too bad it wasn't for the 2018-2019 Tour or Brown Eyes.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Love “Brown Eyes.” What do you think of the earlier version called “Yesterday’s Tears” with the Peter Green guitar? I love her voice and the two guitars on that earlier version but I think the revised version has better (and sparer) words and the whole aura on the final take is pure sex.
opposite here - really enjoyed that earlier / non-official version with Peter Green. it sounded so different to me.

talking about live versions, i'm not well versed in Tusk tour - what Christine Tusk songs did they do on that one?

i was happy that On With the Show tour in Australia and then i think back at Classics in 2017 had Think About Me, although was sad i never got to experience it live. it was not nearly as great as the recorded versions, but still, was glad they brought it back! by the time Lindsey and Christine did Hold Me in 2017, they really had these songs down. not to mention Hold Me 2017 was way better than those Mirage versions we've heard.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-03-2021, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

talking about live versions, i'm not well versed in Tusk tour - what Christine Tusk songs did they do on that one?

i was happy that On With the Show tour in Australia and then i think back at Classics in 2017 had Think About Me, although was sad i never got to experience it live. it was not nearly as great as the recorded versions, but still, was glad they brought it back! by the time Lindsey and Christine did Hold Me in 2017, they really had these songs down. not to mention Hold Me 2017 was way better than those Mirage versions we've heard.
You know, for probably 20 years following Tusk, I remembered the set list. It's just been too long now. 42 years, kill me now! But hey, I was only 3yo!
I DO remember that I loved their raw version of Hold Me.

2017? They dropped the key three steps, from D to B(so it just didn't sound the same, dropped by that much), and I'm 99% positive that Christine wasn't even playing the piano parts(nor Brett). Tracks. KARAOKE.

Homie f*cking hates karaoke. I mean, I'll take whatever Christine and Lindsey are offering me, but karaoke is f*cking LAME.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Over My Head was never a favorite of mine, EXCEPT for the "Live 1980" album. I LOVE that version! That rocking guitar intro!
Me too. OMG the song is a completely different song live back in the day. The tempo is so much faster and it works. Although the Live album version was recorded during the Rumours tour, correct? I believe its one of the several songs that was not recorded during the Tusk tour like Rhiannon and Dreams.
Also, Stevie did fantastic back ups back then without going overboard with her cokey screams or getting in the last word. The harmony live is incredible.