User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-24-2020, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post

I will say that I’ve long felt that if Barbara Nicks and Tom Petty were still alive, the whole Lindsey firing fiasco wouldn’t have happened. She truly does have nobody around her who will tell her the truth and not be yes-men. When all of your friends and family are on your payroll, they aren’t going to risk the gravy train. Mike Campbells availability aside, I think Tom would’ve had some remarks for Stevie and how foolish firing Lindsey would be.
THIS.

Spot on.

$he has NO ONE to set her straight now. Just ego gone wild.
Old 10-24-2020, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
THIS.

Spot on.

$he has NO ONE to set her straight now. Just ego gone wild.

Well, there was Lindsey, but she had him removed from her life, so now she only surrounds herself with people that are on her payroll
Old 10-24-2020, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I also wonder how Mike could have so easily jumped in Lindsey's place and how he would have felt if he had been fired from the Heartbreakers and replaced so easily. No shame for these people.
They didn’t tell Mike that they fired Lindsey. Still, let’s say they had and he turned them down, Fleetwood Mac would still have gotten someone else, probably Rick Vito.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-24-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They didn’t tell Mike that they fired Lindsey. Still, let’s say they had and he turned them down, Fleetwood Mac would still have gotten someone else, probably Rick Vito.
I'd bet everything that Mick and Nicks told MC that Lindsey left.
Old 10-24-2020, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'd bet everything that Mick and Nicks told MC that Lindsey left.
So you're saying that not only is $tevie a liar, but Mick is too?

Shirley you jest!
Old 10-24-2020, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When you think about it they had a nice run. You have 4 (minus John) alphas with completely different personalities, vying for power and control, and achieving unimageable fame, wealth, and adulation. Add excessive drug and alcohol abuse and broken personal relationships and it's amazing they stayed together and achieved what they did. If they could only go back to pre 1976 and remember what they were really like and try to be a little more humble about where they are currently. All of them, especially Mick and Stevie, act like they deserve the wealth and adulation that they have instead of really appreciating it. To say it has gone to all of their heads would be an understatement.
I wouldn’t call Christine an Alpha.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All of them, especially Mick and Stevie, act like they deserve the wealth and adulation that they have instead of really appreciating it. To say it has gone to all of their heads would be an understatement.
that's what i also love about Lindsey - he doesn't. in almost every recent interview he says how lucky he and they all were, to have made it. he has been very humble. he may recognize his own talent, but many other people are hugely talented too, yet they never make it. it's refreshing to hear him being down to earth.

he's aware, unlike at least Mick and Stevie who both always act like it's somehow their right to be rich and successful.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-24-2020, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I will say that I’ve long felt that if Barbara Nicks and Tom Petty were still alive, the whole Lindsey firing fiasco wouldn’t have happened. She truly does have nobody around her who will tell her the truth and not be yes-men. When all of your friends and family are on your payroll, they aren’t going to risk the gravy train. Mike Campbells availability aside, I think Tom would’ve had some remarks for Stevie and how foolish firing Lindsey would be.
definitely. those were people who were not yes people and not afraid to say what they mean. the only other one was somewhat Lindsey, but with all the 50-year baggage between them, that was the part that she also wanted to get rid off. just yes-people from then on. which is so visible in her recent interviews. i even cringe for her how self-aggrandizing and completely narcissistic she sounds. she dumps on many others too, not even just Lindsey anymore - dumps on Gaga, Madonna, Miley (incidentally mostly women who were more successful than her in the same line of business) while elevates herself into being a best friend of men who are more successful then her in the business. it's bizarre.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-24-2020, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
is that what Mike said in that one interview when he praised Lindsey?

Old 10-24-2020, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love her saying how Tom's first wife Jane said that, aside from her (as his wife), Stevie was Tom's best friend.

Now, I wonder how people like say, oh, Mike Campbell feel about that? Or his assistant, Bugs, who in Tom's bio is unanimously cited as being the one person who went through EVERYTHING with Tom and knew all his secrets and never, ever betrayed them.

And it's interesting that it was his FIRST wife who said that... wonder what his current wife would think about that. I"m betting she feels like SHE herself was closer to Tom than either his first wife OR Stevie. Just sayin'.

Despit her self-aggrandizing delusions about feminism, she absolutely has lived most of her life according to the traditional gender roles that were in place when she was born in the 1940s and growing up in the 1950s. She still feels like men are the ones with power and therefore are the ones she wants to align herself with, emulate, and charm into letting her into their club. And she can flirt and get them to help her do the hard stuff, because she doesn't ever want to do the heavy lifting.

I love her comment about how those at the top of the success ladder are a very small, exclusive tribe, and how really she can only turn to and be understood by someone else who is at the top, breathing the rarified air she breathes.

Oy. The ego is so very strong with this one.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
is that what Mike said in that one interview when he praised Lindsey?
He said it in an interview after the tour, IIRC.

Honestly, though, I don’t think anything would have changed either way. Fleetwood Mac wouldn’t have brought back Lindsey if Mike passed on them, they would have just found someone else. Fleetwood Mac needed a guitarist, there was no chance they were asking Lindsey back, and Mike didn’t have anything significant on the horizon. Why wouldn’t he take the gig?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-24-2020, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He said it in an interview after the tour, IIRC.

Honestly, though, I don’t think anything would have changed either way. Fleetwood Mac wouldn’t have brought back Lindsey if Mike passed on them, they would have just found someone else. Fleetwood Mac needed a guitarist, there was no chance they were asking Lindsey back, and Mike didn’t have anything significant on the horizon. Why wouldn’t he take the gig?
hard to tell. there were some theories at the time that they knew / made sure Mike was on board before they ousted Lindsey.

also, there were many theories at the time that they hoped Mike would be able to actually replace Lindsey. then they figured out he cannot and they have to find a guy who can sing Lindsey's FM songs too.

which is weird in itself, if they were going for a full-on coup, they should have just not cover Lindsey's songs, like they only covered Don't Stop of Christine's which was easy since Lindsey was sharing lead with Christine there anyway. i guess it was azoff-style coup.

Old 10-24-2020, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I love her comment about how those at the top of the success ladder are a very small, exclusive tribe, and how really she can only turn to and be understood by someone else who is at the top, breathing the rarified air she breathes.
I found this part of her recording to be sad. She's in her damn 70's and still feels "lonely at the top." One, let's face it, in 2020, despite her continued popularity, she ain't at the damn top anymore. She hasn't been at the top in decades. Two, I think it sounds awfully pathetic that at 72 years old, she lacks the relationships with other humans who don't know what it's like to breathe that rarified air. She doesn't have anyone to turn to because they can't understand. This is right in that vein of why Mr. Stevie Nicks could never happen because no 'regular' man could ever 'accept' her world. This is where Lindsey wins at the game of life, despite record or concert ticket sales or the ability to control Fleetwood Mac. It's not just about having a spouse or children either. You can have real, meaningful relationships with people you aren't married to or their parent. Just because she's famous, she can only really open up to people also in that world? My God, she's like an old white lady Kardashian.
Old 10-24-2020, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I found this part of her recording to be sad. She's in her damn 70's and still feels "lonely at the top." One, let's face it, in 2020, despite her continued popularity, she ain't at the damn top anymore. She hasn't been at the top in decades. Two, I think it sounds awfully pathetic that at 72 years old, she lacks the relationships with other humans who don't know what it's like to breathe that rarified air. She doesn't have anyone to turn to because they can't understand. This is right in that vein of why Mr. Stevie Nicks could never happen because no 'regular' man could ever 'accept' her world. This is where Lindsey wins at the game of life, despite record or concert ticket sales or the ability to control Fleetwood Mac. It's not just about having a spouse or children either. You can have real, meaningful relationships with people you aren't married to or their parent. Just because she's famous, she can only really open up to people also in that world? My God, she's like an old white lady Kardashian.
She's a miserable POS. I sometimes wonder if she knows that, deep inside.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She's a miserable POS. I sometimes wonder if she knows that, deep inside.
A true narcissist typically does not know that.