Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
So what now.....
Buy some tickets for that other load of 70 year olds.....The Stones.

Oh and already have tickets to see the ancient Manfred Mann with the legendary
Paul Jones...(who has a painting in the attic)

Go to see Travis In August
Catch Rick Wakeman on tour.
Go to Egon Schiels exhibition in Liverpool.
In other words forget about FM for awhile

i'm sure that's well worth it! every time i saw The Stones they were great. but - they are only touring Europe, and just several places in Europe, mostly stadiums. of course GA floor / grass tix are way cheaper than the Mac, and i am eyeing some of their shows this summer....

i have way too many shows i'm seeing in the next few months actually. some newer or brand new bands, some known, some unknowns, some older but still vital and making new music like Robert Plant (with Sheryl Crow in fact!) and David Byrne.

so far i'm keeping fall schedule open for Lindsey B, i really hope he gives us some dates soon!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-21-2018, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Your reference to Stevie killing her babies, I think. Or did you mean something else when you referred to "the stork?" If you want to bring up abortion in this thread, as it was brought up in another thread, that's your choice but is it really necessary? I mean, I'm all for a discussion on it if you really want to talk about it, but why not just start a thread called "Stevie murdered her babies" instead of bringing it up at random?
I don't think I was asking you, but how funny that you choose when to talk to me! I don't think I used those words you're using now, but I was answering a post about Lindsey and his past you conveniently choose to avoid, because you couldn't care less what some fans here say about him, even though you say you like Lindsey. At least I don't pretend I like Stevie.

To talk endlessly about Lindsey's past isn't also necessary, and yet it happens and of course, you don't jump at all, even though you like Lindsey.

Random? Seriously? How many threads have others started about Lindsey's past? Gimme a break!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hoping they're secretly recording new material.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Hoping they're secretly recording new material.
agree, the band should be recording now. they have months before they start rehearsal, and by their own words they have nothing to do. they pushed tour and rehearsals way back.

that's what they did in 2 months they did before 2014 / OWTS tour. basically most of BuckVie was recorded and wrapped then, and they have even more time now.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-21-2018, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I'm more perturbed by lack of concrete details from the Lindsey camp about the best of and supporting tour.
yes, i really need those dates!

i mean i'm happy he's all positive and telling everyone he'll tour starting in August or so - but i need those dates, man, i need to plan!

Old 05-21-2018, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Hmmm, excuse me but what did I say here that was inappropiate?

Hey...I was just trying to inject some freakin humour so calm down and relax.

For sh!t take dont take yourself too seriously or anything...
Old 05-21-2018, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Have we really gotten to the point we can't joke around?

Goodnight and happy bickering.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
i think she was trying to inject some balance. you know, vs angus mcabuser or whatever others were talking about.

PS reading the whole thread, you had balance in your scorning of both sides too. and - please don't go, you and Sasja are keeping it fun around here!!

Last edited by elle; 05-21-2018 at 07:18 PM..
Old 05-21-2018, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will admit the premise remark was a stevie reference but in total truth I am thrown off by their once and done approach with the situation and they act like nothing happened.

Last edited by BigAl84; 05-21-2018 at 07:29 PM..
Old 05-21-2018, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Can't imagine we'll ever get back to the point where The Ledge actually had a long-running thread called "The Stevie of Death" in the Stevie Nicks forum.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=28100

Old 05-21-2018, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Can't imagine we'll ever get back to the point where The Ledge actually had a long-running thread called "The Stevie of Death" in the Stevie Nicks forum.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=28100
To be fair, there were several people who found that thread offensive even back then.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

For sh!t take dont take yourself too seriously or anything...
I don't believe she was referring to you. But rather, Stevie's great protector.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I will admit the premise remark was a stevie reference but in total truth I am thrown off by their once and done approach with the situation and they act like nothing happened.
wait, who? the band?

Old 05-21-2018, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I don't think I was asking you, but how funny that you choose when to talk to me! I don't think I used those words you're using now, but I was answering a post about Lindsey and his past you conveniently choose to avoid, because you couldn't care less what some fans here say about him, even though you say you like Lindsey. At least I don't pretend I like Stevie.

To talk endlessly about Lindsey's past isn't also necessary, and yet it happens and of course, you don't jump at all, even though you like Lindsey.

Random? Seriously? How many threads have others started about Lindsey's past? Gimme a break!
I knew you weren't asking me specifically, but you did ask why the poster told you and Mitzo to take a time out, so I offered an explanation. If Mitzo had expressed the same confusion you had, I would have told her that referencing Library's actions back then were unnecessary. I absolutely agree with you that to talk endlessly about Lindsey's past is unnecessary, and I understand why it looked like I was jumping on one side of the track, so to speak.

Wouldn't it be great if, when discussing the current situation within and out of FM, we could all do so without mentioning alleged bad behaviors from 40 years ago? I recognize and understand it's happening on both sides. I just hate seeing a thread on band merchandise that somehow has devolved into allegations against Lindsey, or a thread about Sheryl Crow that somehow devolved into allegations against Stevie. The allegations are even more horrible when I think it's entirely possible that there are people reading these threads and have dealt or are dealing with drug abuse, abortion, or domestic violence in their own lives, and here people are using these topics as weapons. And in a thread with a title that has nothing to do with said allegations! Talk about potential PTSD! That's why I said before if people want to talk about Stevie's abortions, I guess to show what an awful person she is, then start a thread with that title. Likewise, if people want to show what an awful person Lindsey is, by talking about domestic violence allegations, start a thread with that title. OR we could ALL just quit throwing that crap in random threads.

Sorry for my long winded post.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Joke all you want. I was trying to understand your post. I’m calmed and relaxed. Are you?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.