User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
i LOVE your posts too. And when I hear Stevie saying again on the FM channel today, that Lindsey liked to put "a thousand overdubs" and basically passive agressively berating his production style, I want to .... ahhhhhh. She's been saying this in TONS of interviews lately. The reason FM stood out is BECAUSE of LB and his production. The songs sounded different then anything out there and she should be kissing his freaking ass because of what he did too songs like Gypsy. SCREW HER!!!
I hope that they never recover from this major f*ck up.

He's the REASON that they are where they are. STUPID, bloated ego douchebags.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hope that they never recover from this major f*ck up.

He's the REASON that they are where they are. STUPID, bloated ego douchebags.
If ticket sales are any indication..............I understand why they haven't yet, but I am sort of surprised they haven't don't more press around the upcoming tour. I get it's still 5 months away but, a lot of good music is touring now, people might be thinking, "my money is better spent elsewhere"
Old 05-25-2018, 08:05 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
If ticket sales are any indication..............I understand why they haven't yet, but I am sort of surprised they haven't don't more press around the upcoming tour. I get it's still 5 months away but, a lot of good music is touring now, people might be thinking, "my money is better spent elsewhere"
The dates in my area aren't until next March, nearly 10 full months from now - I just don't plan my concert-going that far in advance. Will those shows fall on my son/daughter's high school/college spring breaks? Who knows, those dates won't be finalized/announced for months.

If I'm going to buy tickets, it won't happen until the fall.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
The dates in my area aren't until next March, nearly 10 full months from now - I just don't plan my concert-going that far in advance. Will those shows fall on my son/daughter's high school/college spring breaks? Who knows, those dates won't be finalized/announced for months.

If I'm going to buy tickets, it won't happen until the fall.
Absolutely agree that for the '19 shows, consumer buying behavior impacts the situation, but the earlier shows appear to not be doing as well as some previous tour sales. I think people want to hear how this group sounds together before committing, just my opinion. And if rehearsals don't start until August (I think I read that on another thread) am curious if there is a press lid until then (I also think on some level that want the situation with Lindsey to die down a bit) I have to think if any one of them went back and watched that CBS interview and listened to the comments by the interviewers after the XM Sirius interview, they would even have to acknowledge how bad it was
Old 05-25-2018, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Absolutely agree that for the '19 shows, consumer buying behavior impacts the situation, but the earlier shows appear to not be doing as well as some previous tour sales. I think people want to hear how this group sounds together before committing, just my opinion.
This is where I am. I was prepared to buy tickets the day they were released. Then I realized just how expensive the seats I wanted were and I couldn’t justify it, even though this is my favorite band! I’m angry at every single member, and i don’t want to give them my money right now. So we’ll see. I’ll probably still go, but I had been saving to see my favorite five and now I’m not picky about where I sit. So they’re definitely losing money on me!

On another note, is Stevie going to have a playlist on Sirius XM? I’ve been checking in regularly and I’ve heard Mick and Christine’s playlists as well as the Rumours special, but it’s close to the end of the month and no Stevie.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Absolutely agree that for the '19 shows, consumer buying behavior impacts the situation, but the earlier shows appear to not be doing as well as some previous tour sales. I think people want to hear how this group sounds together before committing, just my opinion. And if rehearsals don't start until August (I think I read that on another thread) am curious if there is a press lid until then (I also think on some level that want the situation with Lindsey to die down a bit) I have to think if any one of them went back and watched that CBS interview and listened to the comments by the interviewers after the XM Sirius interview, they would even have to acknowledge how bad it was
I totally agree for a lot of the shows that are farther away it makes sense people aren't going to be buying the tickets right away, especially considering that a lot of those areas don't sell out too quickly and the people there know it.
But the sales for the LA area so far are shocking. Believe me when I say that having a basically half empty arena weeks after tickets for a big act like FM went on sale is VERY, VERY RARE. Los Angeles sells quickly and always has, obviously because it's Los Angeles.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Forget the other songs, she should kiss his ass for Gypsy alone. What he did with that song is incredible. He took a good song and sent it to the stratosphere. The studio version of Gypsy is probably the pinnacle of what this fivesome could accomplish. It’s truly perfection. An absolutely beautiful song.

And those passive aggressive digs drive me nuts. Please, every song of hers would be “plink plonk plunk dream fairy dust maiden plink plonk plunk” if left to her own devices.
She used him from day 1, and she has no shame in saying it now that she finally got what she wanted. But hey, she's the victim here. Yeah, whatever.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
She used him from day 1, and she has no shame in saying it now that she finally got what she wanted. But hey, she's the victim here. Yeah, whatever.
Does everyone remember the interview from around the time of The Dance when she says something to the effect of “beauty on my songs is my reality. I’ve said to Lindsey how much i appreciate him and what he’s done on my songs”. That’s not verbatim. He leans over and kisses her head. It’s definitely on you tube. Would be great if someone in her inner circle can show that to her
Old 05-25-2018, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Heard some good songs yesterday and Today
Yesterday my all time favorite Nights in Estoril
Today I cant wait, Rhiannon from 1976 live, and Hypnotized

Mick stated Christine wanted to remake some of her songs on Mystery To Me. That would be special but you know its not going to happen.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

Mick stated Christine wanted to remake some of her songs on Mystery To Me. That would be special but you know its not going to happen.
I didn't hear that. I find that comment to be very interesting. What does that mean? Hmmmmm........

Whenever Christine talks pre '75 FM, my ears perk up.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I didn't hear that. I find that comment to be very interesting. What does that mean? Hmmmmm........

Whenever Christine talks pre '75 FM, my ears perk up.
About 30 minutes I ago I heard a short snippet of Christine talking about Spare Me a Little and how she always loved it and has thought about rerecording it some time. Not sure how that would be today but I do love that song!

In typical SiriusXM fashion, the next song naturally was NOT Spare Me a Little. Instead they played Nights in Estoril which was a first for me hearing that one on probably ANY radio station ever.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
About 30 minutes I ago I heard a short snippet of Christine talking about Spare Me a Little and how she always loved it and has thought about rerecording it some time. Not sure how that would be today but I do love that song!

In typical SiriusXM fashion, the next song naturally was NOT Spare Me a Little. Instead they played Nights in Estoril which was a first for me hearing that one on probably ANY radio station ever.

Christine has so many excellent songs pre-Lindsey and Stevie. Maybe she could do a cd like what Bob Welch did with all his songs on "Bob Welch: His Fleetwood Mac Years & Beyond". I have a signed copy of it and I found it to be extremely well done.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree. Tusk is what set them apart from just being just a big pop machine.

The vision of a creative genius...

How did that work out for him, in the long run?

Fired by some arrhythmic tambourine wielding idiot.
David not Homer!
Will you marry me? I'll just move to a state where polygamy is legal, anything for the privilege of being legally tied to the King of Snark!

Old 05-26-2018, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
David not Homer!
Will you marry me? I'll just move to a state where polygamy is legal, anything for the privilege of being legally tied to the King of Snark!
Haha, sure!

So many think that I'm mean, but I'm just a snarky ****. My heart is as big as Texas, as long as you don't fire Lindsey, or spin around like a f*cking idiot.
Old 05-26-2018, 04:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

My ears perked up on that one too. It was a quick statement from Mick about Mystery to me before they played Hypnotized.