User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
(sometimes since I have long lashes to begin with)
And this is one reason I hate guys The AMAZING eye lashes...grrrr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi
HAHA Yes I am 16. My mom used to do my make up when I was younger and I just loved it so I got hooked....lol.....WHAT CHAPSTICK!....lol....Thats funny My freinds were make up....my freinds and I arent in the 'popular' group we have our own group.....but my freind Ally and I r the founders of our group....lol
Ah - well I had my makeup done once when younger and thought I looked like a hooker - so I never wanted to wear it after that...and had my mom done my makeup I would have looked like a clown

My life has consisted of women who can't put their own makeup on - I waited until college - the END of college.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I used to be a total make-up junkie but now the only thing that I wear is 'Cafe Au Lait" lipstick by Cover Girl. If the weather is not too bad this weekend I am going to do some cosmetic shopping.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The daily routine is a Medicated concealer stick (light beige) to cover up my acne which pops up here and there also a clear lip gloss with a nice vanilla scent to it.

If I am going somewhere special then I will add some mascara and a little liner & shadow in plums or browns. I also put on a lip color like Twig or Pecan, occasionally plum or berry hue.

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 08-31-2006, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think I answered this over THERE, Jason.

Anyway- daily:

*Peppermint soap handmade from a really cool couple that has a booth at the Farmer's Market. Peppermint soap is cool for blemish prone skin (which I don't have anymore but those emotional scars run deep- heh)

*Velocity moisturizer by MK

*Undereye concealer. A MUST if I want to look human.

*Face Powder (Cover Girl, I think?) It's interesting (to me) that I don't wear foundation anymore.

*Eye liner on top lid

*Mascara

*Blush

*Burts Bees on lips

*At night I use some crazy expensive eye cream and I can't remember the name (too lazy to get up)

If I'm trying to dress up, I add full eyeshadow and a darker lipstick.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
But let's talk about our receptionist for a moment: Lily Munster. Every day. I'm not kidding. HEAVY eye makeup, liquid eyeliner drawn all the way back to her temples - drawn on eyebrows (I think she plucked out all of her real ones), in a non-flattering orange-y colored pencil. I think she uses one of those stencil kits, 'cause the style changes a lot. But they are always too pointy, like an upside down "V." She's hideous. But she obviously thinks she looks good.
OMG. There's a lady at work (well, actually two now that I think about it, but let's start with the one) who looks like she ought to be riding an elephant with Ringling Brothers. She obviously draws on her eyebrows (someone told me they're actually tattooed on, but that may or may not be true), wears shiny bluish gray eyeshadow, and generally looks like she dipped her face in pancake batter. Also, she wears this heavy, sickenly sweet perfume that you can smell for several minutes before and after she's in the room.

There's another lady who looks even more clownish. Her face is several shades lighter than her neck, and the makeup cakes up and cracks around her eyes. The white white makeup also really makes her yellow teeth stand out.

Seriously, I don't get why some women slather on the makeup like that. I can't imagine what it feels like to wear that on your face all the time.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I leave my face nude most of the time, although I try to wear sunscreen or throw a hat on outside. My skin and eyelashes seem to respond to makeup better when I haven't been wearing it every day.

Daytime:
I am using Obagi sunscreen/moisturizer (my mother gave me a bunch as a treat, and when it is gone, I am back to Alba Botanica 30 spf moisturizer)
Loreal age rewind undereye concealer, medium
Dr Hauschka brown mascara
Dr Hauschka translucent powder Finale
Burt's Bees lipstick, don't know the name, some sort of brownish-red sheer and minty.

Night, or day special event:
randome moisturizer
Lancome Photogenic bisque foundation (sometimes Dr Hauschka foudnation which is wonderful, and smells like roses)
Lancome Cedar Rose blush—I use it as a shader as well at the edges of my jaw
Lancome eyeliner, black or gray, top lid
Lancome Hypnose mascara, deep blue (this really looks better with my lashes than black or brown. I used to have my lashes tinted and they used a deep blue) I use a little metal eyelash comb
Benefit Brow Zing medium (an eyebrow cake you apply with an angled brush)
Eyeshadow—usually Lancome, grays, cream, brown, and I sometimes smudge a little under my lower lid at the corners.
lip pencil and lipstick—I usually make the color up to match ,my mood, mixing pencils and lipsticks, and lip balm, or gloss. I really like Mac lipstick, or Lancome, and tend to like rose, or deep blue-red.

*I use a lot of products, but wear very little makeup overall. My skin is fair, and my hair is light, and I think I look sort of awful with too much makeup. When I had dyed burgundy hair, I used Mac, and had very extreme 40's movie star makeup, gothy: pencilled brows, dark lipstick (Verushka, my fave) Mac foundation. It worked well with the dark hair, but it would look good on me now, unless I wore one of my wigs.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^
MAC does make some of the best makeup. you get more bang for your buck because there is so much pigment.

but I agree, you have fabulous skin and great hair...no need for the Elvira look.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

spf moisturizer
Old 09-01-2006, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
spf moisturizer
oh you snot!
Old 09-01-2006, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I get all of my makeup from the 99 cent store.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i really don't wear a lot of makeup day-to-day. the most i feel comfortable wearing during the day is black eyeliner & black mascara. eyeliner is shiseido (they have the best liquid eyeliner brush ever.), and mascara varies. if i'm in the mood, i'll use a colored eyeliner - usually urban decay purple or green. just for funsies.

as for face cleanser, i just use dove bar soap. i actually have really great skin - i'm totally blessed. for moisturizer, i use dove deep moisturizer facial lotion w/ spf 15. dove works just great for me, but the best stuff i've ever used is shiseido cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. amazing stuff. expensive as f*ck, though, which is why i'm using dove now. if you've got the cash, check it out.

if i'm going out, i'll wear sparkly eyeshadow (stila) and lip gloss (hard candy, i think).

Last edited by carrie721; 09-01-2006 at 02:43 AM..
Old 09-01-2006, 02:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragandbone View Post
I leave my face nude most of the time, although I try to wear sunscreen or throw a hat on outside. My skin and eyelashes seem to respond to makeup better when I haven't been wearing it every day.
Me, too, but don't try to wear sunscreen or throw on a hat. What're you, wrinklecidal? Just do it!

Quote:
Daytime:
I am using Obagi sunscreen/moisturizer (my mother gave me a bunch as a treat, and when it is gone, I am back to Alba Botanica 30 spf moisturizer)
I like Alba, but I'm thinking the Obagi is the whole skin care regime that my skin care lady sells in her office? It reduces pigment issues and stuff? Looks really cool, I couldn't afford the system last time 'round. What do you think?

Quote:
Loreal age rewind undereye concealer, medium
Dr Hauschka brown mascara
Dr Hauschka translucent powder Finale
Burt's Bees lipstick, don't know the name, some sort of brownish-red sheer and minty.
I have never heard of Dr. Hauschka. What's the deal? What are the ingredients like? Burt's Bees is cool, but they don't make colored lip product that is dark enough for my coloring.

Quote:
Night, or day special event:
randome moisturizer
Lancome Photogenic bisque foundation (sometimes Dr Hauschka foudnation which is wonderful, and smells like roses)
Lancome Cedar Rose blush—I use it as a shader as well at the edges of my jaw
Lancome eyeliner, black or gray, top lid
Lancome Hypnose mascara, deep blue (this really looks better with my lashes than black or brown. I used to have my lashes tinted and they used a deep blue) I use a little metal eyelash comb
Benefit Brow Zing medium (an eyebrow cake you apply with an angled brush)
Eyeshadow—usually Lancome, grays, cream, brown, and I sometimes smudge a little under my lower lid at the corners.
lip pencil and lipstick—I usually make the color up to match ,my mood, mixing pencils and lipsticks, and lip balm, or gloss. I really like Mac lipstick, or Lancome, and tend to like rose, or deep blue-red.
Lancome tends to rock, I can't really afford it, but I totally mank my friends'. Especially in the foundational arena. I'm suprised you have such dark lip colors, but I approve. I mean that because blonds usually tend to go with non blue reds, orange reds instead. What color are your eyes? I couldn't tell. They looked greenish brown from your pics.

Quote:
*I use a lot of products, but wear very little makeup overall. My skin is fair, and my hair is light, and I think I look sort of awful with too much makeup. When I had dyed burgundy hair, I used Mac, and had very extreme 40's movie star makeup, gothy: pencilled brows, dark lipstick (Verushka, my fave) Mac foundation. It worked well with the dark hair, but it would look good on me now, unless I wore one of my wigs.
I'm glad. If people look good with less makeup, they should do it. Course, I've never really had alternate hair colors to play with, so perhaps I'm biased. I think you're right about the fair thing, too much makeup looks weird. I'm actually starting to think that over the top makeup styles mainly look good on Asians and Hispanic people. Because they have such a dark, blank palette to put it on. Like how everything looks good with black. Does that make sense? Like, it looks good when they have a huge liquid liner line with blue eyeshadow, inexplicably.
I can hardly wear anything. My skin isn't light or dark, I have very much red undertone, and my eyes aren't brown or green. Also, my hair is dark, which is cool, but my skin is just olivey enough to where I'd look ridiculous going lighter with my hair. And my splotchy red undertoned skin combined with my not brown eyes make my face already to strangely colorful and patternful to support putting much actual color on it. Basically, my eyelashes are my only strength. Everything else I put on has to be fairly subtle, or I look ridiculous. I don't, and have never, worn blush. I hardly even understand blush. Too much red already on my face. I put makeup on to cover natural blush. I can support mauvish purpleish, some greens, and lightly golden brown things on my eyelids. That's it. Also, I've never worn makeup on my eyebrows. I don't really get that. Unless you are blond? Maybe I should, my eyebrows are thin, but dark, but spread out. It's the classic italian unibrow, but really thin hair, so you might not notice. They also grow way above and beyond the basic shape. But so thin. Also, I have to have dark raisin, maroon, etc. for my lips. Or clearish. Anything else is just super ugly. It's like I have the just wrong skin tone for anything, really. God forbid any orange tones enter my world.

I always love how blondes look really great with brownish tones. Do you rock the brownish?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 09-01-2006 at 02:45 AM..
Old 09-01-2006, 02:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfanken View Post
I get all of my makeup from the 99 cent store.
you're not alone. I have friends that do the same.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
you're not alone. I have friends that do the same.
I'm willing to bet he was being snarky and doesn't own any makeup, although I could be wrong. The markup on makeup is insane so I usually buy the drugstore variety unless I'm in the mood to splurge or Lancome or Clinique is having one of their giveaways.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
Have you tried Lancome foundation/moisturizer/sunscreen? My friend uses it, and I love it, I always hog it when I visit her. I haven't really tried any Mac products. I like Lancome mascara, too. Don't buy it, of course. Also, when I met you you looked really natural, like you were hardly wearing any makeup. You must be an expert.
I haven't tried the Lancome foundation/moisturizer/sunscreen. I'm going to hit them up for a sample next time I'm makeup shopping.
Thank you for the compliment sweets.