Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2003, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ticketmaster's now showing 2nd row in Columbus and 10th row for DC

Congrats to those of you who had the patience to wait for tix and are now getting great seats. I'm happy for YOU, but STILL f&#ing furious over the fan club fiasco...

Anyway, I was just looking on Sticketbastard and thought I'd share...I didn't want this message to get buried in the other thread...

Last edited by Livia; 05-06-2003 at 10:39 AM..
Old 05-06-2003, 10:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

You have evey right to be furious about the fan club. How can it make sense to anyone that seats are held back for sale to those who are not committed to taking them, or who in all likelyhood would give them back? Does it make sense that the band's own official fan club had no way of getting at these seats or having seats of the same quality held back for fans who are guaranteed to buy them? Why not?

Anyone who wants to believe in fairy tales can keep thinking that these are special VIP seats that people decided at the last minute they didn't want. Radio stations do not give back promos. Ask anyone who works in radio. Business don't give back seats either. These seats could have been made available to the fan club. There is no reason why they still can't be made available. Will they offer these to fan club members who paid extra for access to these kinds of seats? Forget about it! Why do we know about these good seats, but the fan club knows nothing about them? Because the fans here care and the people responsible for the fan club (including the band) don't care. End of story.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's my reply in the other ticket thread, it's valid here also...

I hear ya, Miranda...I've been aware of the "selling down" thing and the promoters holding back tix until the last minute thing for a long time. Normally, I don't get "caught up in the hype," which is obviously what JT was counting on. I feel like an idiot for that, but at this point, I'm more pissed about all the OTHER fan club BS than anything else.

I agree that the fan club should have been working with Sticketbastard MUCH better than they have - and given fan club members a heads-up and first dibs on these newly released seats. Allowing us to "trade up" would have been the perfect solution for those burned in the fan club pre-sales. At this late stage, you'd have to pick up your tix at the will-call window. So why not let us turn in our first tix to be re-entered into the system and re-sold at the box office? Seems pretty fool-proof, as long as you have a valid receipt to distinguish "us" from scalpers. My receipt clearly says "Fanclub presale" on it.

Yeah, hindsight really IS 20/20, isn't it?
Old 05-06-2003, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default THANK YOU LIVIA!!

I've been checking ticketmaster everyday, and the majority of floor seats showing up were like 25 rows back..

but now.. I am the proud owner of a floor seat.. Section 2, Row J... thanks for the tip Livia.. see you Friday!!

:-)

smiling big time here in D.C.!!!
Old 05-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default sorry..

i'm a little excited, but I totally understand the fan club gripes..

getting tickets is such a frustrating thing as is, especially for those fans who trusted in the band fan club...

the seat I just purchased should have went to a fan club member..it does suck..
Old 05-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Right on, Livia. Why not make it up to the fan club members by offering these seats to them and letting them turn their seats in for resale? A real fan club of a band that gives a **** would have already arranged for their fan club members to have these seats. The fan club members of FM were never meant to have these seats without first buying less desirable ones and paying extra for it. Then it's up to those fans to get rid of the crap fan club seats, then spend more money on the seats they were promised in the first place. HELLLOOOOO! Wake up and smell the bacon, people! If people fail to complain about this kind of bait and switch it will continue to go unchecked.

PS, Thanks to everyone who pointed the way for making a complaint. I didn't join the fan club but I can still complain about how it should not be legal for these clubs to operate under no guidelines whatsoever. If people don't complain and ask for this kind of thing to be investigated, it will continue to happen.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I was too late getting to the ledge this morning, as I just checked for the Columbus one and they are once again offering the front 16th row ticket. Oh well.
And yes I did have the misfortune of joining the club before and getting my ticket on the general sale

Tamara

One day left!!!!!! WOOHOO

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 05-06-2003, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

YAY! I'm really happy for you, Keith. Maybe I'll come up and visit ya!

How is the MCI center for cameras? Also, do they sell booze?

3 more days!
Old 05-06-2003, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default oh yeah..

MCI has booze... $7 beers, wine, and liquour drinks (pricey)..
depending on where you are sitting, you may have to walk around as the vendors are spread out a bit.. i usually stick to beer..because it's what I prefer.

the last show I went to at the MCI center you could have walked a recording studio in with you, as they didn't check anyone.. but, now I see they are saying no bags allowed..

it also really depends on the security personnel around you.. some are lax, while others like their little bit of power and will make it known.. it just depends. When I saw Springsteen last year, this girl next to me had a camera with a huge lens, and took pictures most of the show.. no one bothered her.. really depends on the security people near you..i'm planning on sneaking my camera in..

thanks again for the ticket tip, Livia.. I'm very excited now that I actually have a seat!
Old 05-06-2003, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but, now I see they are saying no bags allowed..
Does that include purses? Or do they mean backpacks? Surely, they wouldn't deny a gal her lipstick and stuff...and quit calling me Shirley...
Old 05-06-2003, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I'm pissed too I spent 60 for *hit. Totally NOTHING.

Whatever.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:00 PM
Junior Ledgie

Isn't that something about those seats? I checked the other night and 14th row at MCI came up. Luckily I had already sold my lousy fanclub presale tickets--nearly gave them away--so I snatched up row 14. Feeling much better about going to the show now. Still livid about the fan club--greedy buncha........I fell for their sales pitch big time. Hopefully their wrongs will eventually be righted.