User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default 2018 Tour

Hi Folks

Whats the story with the much-talked about tour this year ?

Getting a tad late in the season to announce ? Venues are booking and at least my ticket budget dwindling ( Eagles,Paul Simon,Elton John , etc )

About time for some news !
Old 03-18-2018, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just talking about this with my sister. She goes "if they can't get a radio station started which doesn't require travel, I don't see them touring this year". That's her perspective as an outsider and I don't blame her for looking at it this way. I wish they would announce something even if it's no tour. Hope we hear something from Lindsey soon.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I don't think its late. They have said for months that rehearsals begin in the spring. And guess what? Its not spring yet (but getting close). I expect to hear something in April, May or June.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I don't think its late. They have said for months that rehearsals begin in the spring. And guess what? Its not spring yet (but getting close). I expect to hear something in April, May or June.
April, maybe, but June? It's almost summer, and I don't think they're gonna start rehearsals in spring and announce a tour two months later.
I know with FM anything is possible, but that's weird even for them.

I don't think there will be a FM tour this year. I'm hoping for Lindsey's tour but I'm even doubting that.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
April, maybe, but June? It's almost summer, and I don't think they're gonna start rehearsals in spring and announce a tour two months later.
I know with FM anything is possible, but that's weird even for them.

I don't think there will be a FM tour this year. I'm hoping for Lindsey's tour but I'm even doubting that.
A month rehearsal is a long time even for the Mac. Its not even spring yet. We will hear something soon. As Christine as stated...this tour is signed on the dotted line and will happen. If they rehearse in May/June they can hit the road this summer easily.
I am confused by this thread. You would think its August or something. "We are rehearsing in the spring and will hit the road after that." So far nothing indicates there is any change.
Almost summer? Its still winter in the States. Stevie said she is taking 3 months off after her long tour. I expect the Mac to regroup in June and hit the road late July/August or early September.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-18-2018 at 08:38 PM..
Old 03-18-2018, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A month rehearsal is a long time even for the Mac. Its not even spring yet. We will hear something soon. As Christine as stated...this tour is signed on the dotted line and will happen. If they rehearse in May they can hit the road this summer easily.
I am confused by this thread. You would think its August or something. "We are rehearsing in the spring and will hit the road after that." So far nothing indicates there is any change.
Almost summer? Its still winter in the States.
people are deducing from the recent history. their last tour was announced in i think Feb when they did that morning show with Christine, then dates went on sale in either Mar or Apr for the tour dates that were starting last day of Sept. by that logic, if they were going to start the tour at the end of Aug, tickets should be on sale right about now, it's past mid-March already.

also there were some speculations they will announce tour dates at the end of Jan to coincide and capitalize on the Musicares thing, and that dates would come out through their new Sirius station. then all of the sudden station got shut down before it ever happened, and no tour dates. so people are wondering what's going on, because that dotted line story from 3 years ago doesn't seem to really hold anymore.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-18-2018, 08:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default ???

Must be pushing the tour so they can get in the studio and record that swan song double album

Kidding of course.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
people are deducing from the recent history. their last tour was announced in i think Feb when they did that morning show with Christine, then dates went on sale in either Mar or Apr for the tour dates that were starting last day of Sept. by that logic, if they were going to start the tour at the end of Aug, tickets should be on sale right about now, it's past mid-March already.

also there were some speculations they will announce tour dates at the end of Jan to coincide and capitalize on the Musicares thing, and that dates would come out through their new Sirius station. then all of the sudden station got shut down before it ever happened, and no tour dates. so people are wondering what's going on, because that dotted line story from 3 years ago doesn't seem to really hold anymore.
Well lets wait until spring expires before we can say they violated their statements. We cant claim they are behind schedule or lying if its still winter and no tour is announced yet. The next 4 months will tell the real story.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A month rehearsal is a long time even for the Mac. Its not even spring yet. We will hear something soon. As Christine as stated...this tour is signed on the dotted line and will happen. If they rehearse in May/June they can hit the road this summer easily.
Almost summer? Its still winter in the States. Stevie said she is taking 3 months off after her long tour. I expect the Mac to regroup in June and hit the road late July/August or early September.
You went as long as June with the tour announcement. That's why I mentioned summer.
And if I remember correctly Stevie said she was taking 2 months off, not 3. She has been in the States for quite some time now.

Christine's exact words were: "We’re going to start rehearsing in March, next year. The tour is around June. It will be global.”

So, yeah, I don't think Christine's words hold any true or accuracy right now.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-18-2018, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
You went as long as June with the tour announcement. That's why I mentioned summer.
And if I remember correctly Stevie said she was taking 2 months off, not 3. She has been in the States for quite some time now.

Christine's exact words were: "We’re going to start rehearsing in March, next year. The tour is around June. It will be global.”

So, yeah, I don't think Christine's words hold any true or accuracy right now.
yeah, not sure why people are mentioning spring... but LB's plans for sure sound like they were turned on the head. last year he was saying he will have a new album out in March time and tour it shortly thereafter. that tour is obviously not happening this spring, because it would be onsale now if it's starting in less than a month. so his plans got messed up somewhere along the way, unfortunately. i'm still hoping they just got pushed back and that he'll have an album and a tour in the fall instead.

no clue what's happening with the Mac tour and whether there will be one, but seems pretty obvious that there are some changes from what they originally had planned.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-18-2018, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah, not sure why people are mentioning spring... but LB's plans for sure sound like they were turned on the head. last year he was saying he will have a new album out in March time and tour it shortly thereafter. that tour is obviously not happening this spring, because it would be onsale now if it's starting in less than a month. so his plans got messed up somewhere along the way, unfortunately. i'm still hoping they just got pushed back and that he'll have an album and a tour in the fall instead.

no clue what's happening with the Mac tour and whether there will be one, but seems pretty obvious that there are some changes from what they originally had planned.
Plans for FM rehearsals in March and tour in June were announced before Lindsey came with his album and solo tour. I think everything FM related was pushed back then, so plans for a summer tour have been long gone.

Like you, I hope Lindsey's tour come first. Most of FM fans are hoping their tour is pushed back until next year so they can save money for their expensive tickets, so that means 2018 will probably be saved for Lindsey's tour.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate to break it to you, but people are saying LB's album has been shelved for now.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I hate to break it to you, but people are saying LB's album has been shelved for now.
Which is a sign the tour is coming IMHO. He is putting the Mac above his solo career again. It appears there is no time for his album now.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Which is a sign the tour is coming IMHO. He is putting the Mac above his solo career again. It appears there is no time for his album now.
I don't think he's the one putting the Mac above his solo career. Although he can always quit the band if he really wants his solo tour and album to happen.

A new article is claiming new FM tour will happen at the end of the year. Article is old but that bit at the end I think is new.

http://societyofrock.com/the-real-re...this-lifetime/
Old 03-19-2018, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just hope at this point everyone is healthy and ok. All of the alleged plans appeared to have done a 360 in very short order and then radio silence following.

I'm hoping it's just a last minute decision to delay the tour due to an already saturated market of farewell tours of similar artists in their bracket happening this season.