Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-18-2002, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fm Fall Tour?!?!?

a local radio station today, when i was driving to go out to eat with my aunt, said that sources are saying Fleetwood Mac will do a "small scaled down tour, through the fall/winter to promote a greatest hits disc, then a full fledge tour in spring/summer of 2003 after their CD is released in March." I dunno how much this classic rock dj knows...

Also someone on the AOL Newsgroup for FM and the Stevie Nicks message board says that billboard magazine says they will do a fall tour to promote a greatest hits package...so hmm?? interesting....
Old 07-18-2002, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL ShangriLa, we posted these at almost exactly the same time! But that just means more sources, which means hopefully more truth. Although that wasn't the case with Sheryl Crow replacing CM (wherever THAT rumor came from), hopefully this one IS true, and hopefully the tour is big enough that they come to Pittsburgh. Here's to hoping.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry Greatest Hits!!!

Hi! I have a question...although that sounds great for Fall
to bring the band out for a little quickie tour Iam wondering...
How can they do a Greatest Hits Tour without Christine???

She had many of the Greatest Hits Songs! We need Christine!!!

I thought Mick was going to stay home and change "nappies"!
This is very confusing!The new album and tour in March makes
more sense!!! Mick seems to be testing the $$$$ F Mac waters!
Just Wondering if any of you thought of this glich? Thanks! Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey
Old 07-18-2002, 09:10 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Humm...What was done in 88

Quote:
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
The whole thing is very strange to me as well...I would think that a GH tour would need Chris...I really can't see how they could pull it off...How was it done in 88?...Was there any kind of tour with that album?...If there was I'm guessing that it will be delt with in a similar way?...But still its bizzare huh?....Adam (TWWD)
I guess it's odd. Fleetwood didn't tour in 1988 in support of the greatest hits package, probably because they toured early in the year in Europe in support of "Tango." So the problem didn't really come up before now.

Maybe it will be a big, weird greatest hits package from 1967 to the present, & the four of them will play hits from the whole time. Then maybe they could get by with a song or two by Christine McVie, like "Don't Stop" (which they already did without her in Washington) & "Hold Me" or "Temporary One."
Old 07-18-2002, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default john kinney

john over at the nicksfix, emailed me back he said that he has no OFFICIAL word yet, although its being discussed, he says he will keep updated...I HOPE SO!

I can see them touring with just the 4, cuz christine doesnt wanna do it...so they would probably do stevie/lindsey hits, with also dont stop, and maybe a couple of new songs...
Old 07-18-2002, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG, This could actually be happening!!!

I'm trying not to get excited, but this is incredible. Talk about "Out of the blue"

I'm praying.....

~Alex

Old 07-18-2002, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Maybe the mistake we're making, is assuming that this would be a Greatest Hits Tour... rather than just looking at it as a small little "hey, we're still around and have an album coming out in the spring" tour, that will just so happen to precede (or coincide with) the release of a Greatest Hits album.

Besides, for years Fleetwood Mac's setlists have been hits-heavy, so I doubt they'd alter much with or without a Greatest Hits album on the market... with the exception being that they'll most likely remove the majority of Christine's tunes, with only one or two remaining.
(Just as they did when Lindsey left in 1987, as well as when Stevie left a few years later and Christine stopped touring... the first time!)

Johnny Stew
Old 07-18-2002, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe the mistake we're making, is assuming that this would be a Greatest Hits Tour...
That's what I was thinking Johnny Stew. I mean, first of all this tour doesn't mean it's supporting the Greatest Hits album. Second of all, whether it is to support it or not, you know they'll do Rhiannon, Dreams, Landslide, Gypsy, maybe we'd even see the long forgotten Sara and Seven Wonders, plus Silver Springs and Gold Dust Woman, then Lindsey will definitely do Go Your Own Way, Tusk, and Big Love, and probably I'm So Afraid and Not That Funny. So either way, they'd still have a lot of hits in the set. PLUS, I'm guessing the set list will not be as long as the usual Mac concerts because there's just two of them now as opposed to three. I'd imagine about 20 songs instead of the usual how many, 25-30? But, I could be wrong on that.
Old 07-18-2002, 11:08 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 07-19-2002, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh!!! I want SO, SO bad to be able to get excited about this!!! PLEASSSSEEEE let it be true!!! lol!

~~Angela~~
Old 07-19-2002, 03:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am assuming a small scaled down tour will NOT come to the UK

Pip
Old 07-19-2002, 09:31 AM
Ledgie

Considering the comparative failure of "The Dance' in the UK(just scraped the top 15)and more recently the poor showing of TISL there ,I highly doubt they will be touring in the UK.
Old 07-19-2002, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

But I don't understand it.....that's why you NEED to go to other countries.....to INCREASE sales.......like Stevie's said: "To MAKE them like you"........it doesn't make sense excluding so many places then expecting to sell a bunch of albums there.

And if this is all true, I'm starting to salivate at the prospects of seeing this band sometime very soon!!!!!!!!!! I almost don't want to believe it........

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down
Old 07-19-2002, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The failure of The Dance and TISL over here was due to lack of promotion. There was none for either...absolutely zilch.

And despite Stevie's best wishes I don't think it was ever intended that she came to the UK for TISL. I can remember the promotion fo The Other Side of the Mirror.....it started way before th release...and for TISL there was nothing.

I am just hoping that somewhere in the depths of Mick Fleetwoods' conscience he will remember his roots and drag Fleetwood Mac over here!!!

Pip
Old 07-19-2002, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
I am just hoping that somewhere in the depths of Mick Fleetwoods' conscience he will remember his roots and drag Fleetwood Mac over here!!!
Blah... no, I think they've forgotten we exist.

Laura.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default little tour

i do think this tour is a very good idea tho, i hope it goes through....its good to get yourself out there, let everyone know you are still great live, before releasing albums...and Fleetwood Mac never really gets a chance to do smaller venues....so hopefully they will, and hopefully Christine will show up for at least one show....Mick did say in an interview she'll probably do one last show...so that would be cool..and I agree they should hit over there in Europe before the album comes out, because we all know its hard for them to sell big time over there, and that could help...