User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
A barely audible harmony doesn’t constitute a duet or even a harmony vocal if you can’t tell who it is. It does not belong on the album. Not even close. Maybe the fact that it was written about her gives it more clout but still.
Well like someone else pointed out is still better having it on there than the execrable " Smiling Islands" besides we're not buying it anyway

Old 03-06-2019, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Can someone tell me why Magnet and Steel is on this new box set. It’s not a duet and you cannot even tell it’s her singing background.
It's on there because it's a good song.
And I'd say, most of her fans can tell
it's her.

I'll be enjoying it on vinyl for the first
time. That alone makes it worth the
purchase.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

People should search for the vocals-only version of Magnet and Steel and you can hear both Lindsey and Stevie doing multiple harmonies during the choruses; it's great

Also if you want to hear other forgotten songs Stevie sang backup on find Warren Zevon's Mohammed's Radio.

The best songs with her adding vocals of course is John Stewart's Midnight Wind (which was unplanned) and also Gold and then Kenny Loggins' Whenever I Call You Friend which captures her high, warbly voice before she killed it doing too much screaming on the road.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Well like someone else pointed out is still better having it on there than the execrable " Smiling Islands" besides we're not buying it anyway
Smiling Islands is an awful song but listening to how Stevie sings those execrable lyrics compared to how he sings them is a masterclass in phrasing... she at least approaches the lyrics as if she means them, whereas he just tosses them off as if he's ordering lunch. I mean, he sings lines like "I don't want to die alone" with zerrrrooooo feeling. Not her.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Smiling Islands is an awful song but listening to how Stevie sings those execrable lyrics compared to how he sings them is a masterclass in phrasing... she at least approaches the lyrics as if she means them, whereas he just tosses them off as if he's ordering lunch. I mean, he sings lines like "I don't want to die alone" with zerrrrooooo feeling. Not her.
Well we had someone who was essentially a no name singing with someone who was at the time one of the biggest rock stars in the world..would be kind of pathetic if she couldn't upstage him.

Old 03-07-2019, 12:05 AM
Ledgie

Thumbs up I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
People should search for the vocals-only version of Magnet and Steel and you can hear both Lindsey and Stevie doing multiple harmonies during the choruses; it's great

Also if you want to hear other forgotten songs Stevie sang backup on find Warren Zevon's Mohammed's Radio.

The best songs with her adding vocals of course is John Stewart's Midnight Wind (which was unplanned) and also Gold and then Kenny Loggins' Whenever I Call You Friend which captures her high, warbly voice before she killed it doing too much screaming on the road.
She harminized so well in those 70's tracks. I think along with what you mentioned, I'd add Devil's Wind with Bob Welch, and Tunnel of love with Walter Egan.If you can't hear Lindsey and Stevie's harmonies on Magnet and Steel I'd question your fandom to the band! LOL I wish they would include clips of these songs in her induction..amazing
Old 03-07-2019, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbrFireflie View Post
She harminized so well in those 70's tracks. I think along with what you mentioned, I'd add Devil's Wind with Bob Welch, and Tunnel of love with Walter Egan.If you can't hear Lindsey and Stevie's harmonies on Magnet and Steel I'd question your fandom to the band! LOL I wish they would include clips of these songs in her induction..amazing
You question my fandom to the band? I question your mental health. The song does not belong on any album of hers. She is barely recognizable singing harmony on it and it’s not a duet. Unless, this is a new version of the song, you have someone else singing a whole song on her album.

I could understand why they would put a song like Midnights Wind in this album, which they didn’t, because her harmonies make that song great, but this song - no way.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A reason for it.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie has just gone SO low. She makes me sick.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You make me sick.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What's missing? Thoughts On A Grey Day? Wasn't that the Old Crow?
Old 03-08-2019, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes and also classics such as "Hollywood" and "I Do" - I can't believe these were omitted...
Old 03-09-2019, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Yes and also classics such as "Hollywood" and "I Do" - I can't believe these were omitted...
Birds of a feather.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
You make me sick.
That makes me VERY happy.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That's pleasing to me. I'm glad I've cheered your sad arse up - for the first time in, what, 2 years??
Now that hurdle's out of the way, maybe read a book, attend Sunday Mass or volunteer at your local abortion clinic (I find that all three go really well together).