User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post

ULPPPPP! I think I just threw up a little in the back of my mouth.
Now, his Here Comes the Sun is REALLY the best I've ever heard.

Michele
Old 12-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From a piece on Claude Coleman Jr.'s new album about the Talking Sweet single.]

Anti Music 12/30/14

http://www.antimusic.com/news/14/Dec...eet_Ween.shtml

I'm a big Lindsey Buckingham fan, and fingerpicky, gangly Buckingham guitar bits have ended up in all my songs since about forever. I had been playing the front end of the chorus on guitar for a while before any other part of the song was written. It was nice to play; the energy of it was sweet but kind beat up and sad.

Originally, the tempo was twice as fast and I cut the track live with a band at this faster tempo. I experimented and brought it way back and found the pace there. It felt more stumbling to me, like the person in the tune and better matched the anger of the verses. It was less sun - more grease and dirt. Also, it fattened up Peter Kaufmann's drums.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
It's just a little manic! I remember watching it live on TV. The announcers were so excited in anticipation for Lindsey to perform the song - expecting to hear the happy and warm vibes of the sing-along song.Then Lindsey comes out with a barely recognizable version, full of angst and intensity. When it was over, the announcers were visibly in shock and somewhat speechless. All they could say was something like "Well that was different." It was very funny!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-31-2014 at 03:43 AM..
Old 12-31-2014, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
It's just a little manic! I remember watching it live on TV. The announcers were so excited in anticipation for Lindsey to perform the song - expecting to hear the happy and warm vibes of the sing-along song.Then Lindsey comes out with a barely recognizable version, full of angst and intensity. When it was over, the announcers were visibly in shock and somewhat speechless. All they could say was something like "Well that was different." It was very funny!
Yes. I was baiting Chili and waiting for him to come back and denounce Lindsey's rendering, but he must not have seen my comment.

On Lindsey's Under the Skin tour, at the beginning of the tour, he'd come out and play Not Too Late very softly, a gentle opening of the evening. But by the end of the tour, he was screaming, yelping the verses. He just couldn't keep it in.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 12-31-2014 at 12:43 PM..
Old 01-16-2015, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Artist Jason DeBord’s first Art Opening by Walter Ryce, January 15, 2015]

Monterey County Weekly

http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/...988af8a4f.html

Among the images: Fleetwood Mac guitarist and singer Lindsey Buckingham titillating the crowd with his guitar;
Old 02-27-2015, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

A new episode of a music related podcast - Part 1 of 2 about Lindsey.

http://rockandorrollpodcast.blogspot...f-lindsey.html

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 02-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

thanks for that! enjoying guy's LB-only Tusk album!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-27-2015, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[LB supporting responsible gun legislation]

by Anita Busch February 24, 2015 5:18pm Deadline

http://deadline.com/2015/02/judd-apa...on-1201380816/

Writer-director Judd Apatow is headlining a benefit tonight at Largo in Los Angeles for The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence. “Responsible gun laws are essential. It’s shocking that even after all the mass shootings that have happened that there isn’t more being done to make our country safer,” Apatow told Deadline. “I think they are a great force for good on that issue. And there’s so much good to be done. Most Americans can agree with what needs to be done, but the gun lobby is so strong and so influential with these politicians that nothing gets done. I’m not sure what it will take. But it’s an important battle not to give up on.”

Apatow said that he has been doing shows at Largo almost every other week for charity so he picks charities that he cares about. How did he get involved with doing a benefit for Brady? “Adam McKay did an event with them last year and talked to me about their work,” he said.

Apatow is the latest in a long list of celebs who have offered their assistance in gun violence prevention through various organizations including Mom’s Demand Action and Everytown for Gun Safety. Families of mass shootings often speak about the hope one day for all of these various groups to join together to unite into one powerful force.

The show, which starts tonight at 8:30 PM (with doors opening at 7 PM) is called “An Evening with Judd Apatow and Friends.” Who are those friends? Norm MacDonald, John Doe, Natasha Leggero and Andy Kinzler. There are still a few tickets available, Apatow said.

Others who have stood up and lent their celebrity to responsible gun legislation issue include this past weekend’s Oscar-winning actress Julianne Moore (Still Alice) and Oscar-nominated Mark Ruffalo (Foxcatcher) whose brother was murdered. Those who have come forward specifically to help with benefits for the Brady Center include Garry Shandling, Adam Sandler, Lindsey Buckingham, Ryan Adams, David Spade and Jackson Browne to name a few.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Sing Ye!! (Javier Pacheco)
The Buckingham Jam. Javier Pacheco on vocal and piano, with Lindsey Buckingham on guitar and supporting vocals. Recorded in San Francisco, 1980.
Slideshow: Javier Pacheco

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

Part 2 is now up.

http://bjkahuna.podbean.com/e/066-th...gham-part-two/

Old 03-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Lots of We Are the World anniversary stories in the news, here's an excerpt about Lindsey]

Rolling Stone by Gavin Edwards, March 6, 2015

'We Are the World': A Minute-by-Minute Breakdown on Its 30th Anniversary

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...#ixzz3Tq8uHZw0
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

6:07 Hello, Lindsey Buckingham! In 1985, Fleetwood Mac was on hiatus (between 1982's Mirage and 1987's Tango in the Night); Buckingham had put out the modestly successful Go Insane solo album in 1984. He was one of the first artists to commit to show up, being a client of Kragen, but was consigned to the chorus. Buckingham says that one of his most enduring memories of the day was running into Michael Jackson in the bathroom: "It kind of freaked him out! He was quite nervous, just to be startled by someone walking in, and I just nodded my head."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...#ixzz3Tq8pYPxY
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
Old 03-09-2015, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
Amen. If you mean it...

Old 03-09-2015, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post

ULPPPPP! I think I just threw up a little in the back of my mouth.
Still, Lindsey is the only FM guitarist who covered the song on his own, guitarwise. But you even prefer that absolute aweful burnette-vito version with those overthetop guitarriddles leading to Mick's woodblock-breaks. Blerghh.

Nothing beats the spencer-kirwan-green-versions though.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Still, Lindsey is the only FM guitarist who covered the song on his own, guitarwise. But you even prefer that absolute aweful burnette-vito version with those overthetop guitarriddles leading to Mick's woodblock-breaks. Blerghh.

Nothing beats the spencer-kirwan-green-versions though.
nah he just likes to sh*t on LB whether or not there's any need for it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-11-2015, 04:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Lindsey places 11th out of 37 on this We Are The World performers ranking thanks to the his mid-'80s hair.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up