The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:56 AM
Ledgie

Nooo! I need something to motivate me for Spring semester! David Byrne can only do so much for me. LB for sure makes better albums. From what I've heard of Byrne solo, I only like a few songs and the rest are interesting. At least w/ LB, the album is usually enjoyable and interesting!
Old 02-12-2018, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, someone who's been a reliable source in the past just told me the album's been shelved for now.
I'll wait until I see a second source confirming that, but I tend to believe it!
Old 02-12-2018, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Well, someone who's been a reliable source in the past just told me the album's been shelved for now.
I'll wait until I see a second source confirming that, but I tend to believe it!
anything else? any reasoning why?

we know the album is basically done. and that he has a label. shades of GOS ...............................................

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-12-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My source wouldn't say anything more, but it almost sounded like it did have something to do with the Fleetwood Mac tour...maybe (another) new Greatest Hits?
Going to try to get confirmation from Azoff Management, but getting an answer from them is like pulling teeth!!
Old 02-12-2018, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes... I'm thinking some new music from the 5.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why would he need to shelve his solo album for a new GH album?

My guess is he’s waiting to see if the songs would work better as part of another LBCM album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-12-2018, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

His "new" album won't be out until next year. There is some kind of greatest hits package coming out. I don't think the FM tour is set in stone yet. Looks like it was in the works. Not sure now.
LB wants to tour solo but I think the FM tour would be finalized first. Once again not sure what's going on with the FM tour. I doubt the FM would start before August.
There is some kind of issue going on. Not sure what the issue is but once again this is Fleetwood Mac and it's always "complicated"

Last edited by WelshWitchPMD; 02-12-2018 at 10:33 PM..
Old 02-13-2018, 02:36 AM
Ledgie

Speculating/opinion time:

Really? Geez. If the LB Greatest Hits is the case, then I hope the unreleased Gift of Screws Rolling Stones covers and other song demos from that time are on it but they're re-done or polished up. I really like the FM Deluxe releases, but I have no idea if LB can warrant that treatment or really wants it.

I don't know how I feel about his solo album being shelved into next year. He probably would make a lot more money collaborating with Christine again or doing a farewell FM album. Like, 5 songs from LB, 5 from CM, and 3 demos that are re-done or songs from Stevie. Then, LB can put the last 5 songs for another LB/CM or just distribute them into more solo albums.

Is it wrong of me to just want FM to stop touring after this one, unless the next one actually produces a final album? I don't know about John's health and unfortunately time is not on Christine's side.

This band's drama is so meme-worthy.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A Greatest Hits from Lindsey seems kind of silly.....other than "Trouble", "Go Insane" and "Holiday Road", what could they really include?
I guess you could call it a Best Of or a Retrospective, and flesh it out with tracks from his other albums, but that just seems like a stalling technique.
And he seemed so thrilled about this album last summer....!!!🙄
Old 02-13-2018, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
His "new" album won't be out until next year. There is some kind of greatest hits package coming out. I don't think the FM tour is set in stone yet. Looks like it was in the works. Not sure now.
LB wants to tour solo but I think the FM tour would be finalized first. Once again not sure what's going on with the FM tour. I doubt the FM would start before August.
There is some kind of issue going on. Not sure what the issue is but once again this is Fleetwood Mac and it's always "complicated"
thanks so much for the update, this is not exactly good news but who knows maybe something great will come of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
Speculating/opinion time:

Really? Geez. If the LB Greatest Hits is the case, then I hope the unreleased Gift of Screws Rolling Stones covers and other song demos from that time are on it but they're re-done or polished up. I really like the FM Deluxe releases, but I have no idea if LB can warrant that treatment or really wants it.

I don't know how I feel about his solo album being shelved into next year. He probably would make a lot more money collaborating with Christine again or doing a farewell FM album. Like, 5 songs from LB, 5 from CM, and 3 demos that are re-done or songs from Stevie. Then, LB can put the last 5 songs for another LB/CM or just distribute them into more solo albums.

Is it wrong of me to just want FM to stop touring after this one, unless the next one actually produces a final album? I don't know about John's health and unfortunately time is not on Christine's side.

This band's drama is so meme-worthy.
i wish FM would stop touring right now! the time is not on any of their sides, and wasting Lindsey and Christine's productive time and health on another huge GH Mac tour is silly. i understand the fans who never saw them live - but hey, they can do some one-offs here and there (5 shows in LA Forum or something?) and not kill the whole years with those never ending cash grabs! if Mick couldn't hold to his money by now, another cashgrab tour will not help him, he'll be right back where he started after it is done again. plus the market is currently saturated with all the other dinosaur bands selling hugely expensive tickets for their farewell tours, Mac is coming in too late for this and next year anyway.

Quote:
A Greatest Hits from Lindsey seems kind of silly.....other than "Trouble", "Go Insane" and "Holiday Road", what could they really include?
I guess you could call it a Best Of or a Retrospective, and flesh it out with tracks from his other albums, but that just seems like a stalling technique.
And he seemed so thrilled about this album last summer....!!!��
WelshWitch can correct me, but i believe he said Best Of not the GH. his GH is not anything that would make me happy. but his Best Of has a potential to be fantastic and there are all those amazing songs he never did live or maybe did just once that could see the light of the day if he selects them for the album and tours them. so after being initially hugely unhappy about this turn of events (almost looks like labels always spell some kind of trouble for LB ), i can see the upside if he selects the right songs. for years now i've had a huge list of his solo stuff (+ some Tusk and SYW songs) that i would LOVE to hear live and the list keeps growing as he releases new songs. why not highlight those amazing songs? Rodeo. To Try for the Sun. Twist of Fate. Gift of Screws. Red Rover. Rock Away Blind. he's gotta huge list of fantastic but relatively or completely unknown songs that deserve to be heard.

oh and i will live in hope he may put a couple of completely new songs on that Best Of album too.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 02-13-2018 at 08:22 AM..
Old 02-13-2018, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My source wouldn't say anything more, but it almost sounded like it did have something to do with the Fleetwood Mac tour...maybe (another) new Greatest Hits?
Going to try to get confirmation from Azoff Management, but getting an answer from them is like pulling teeth!!

Maybe another post 74 Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits album with two to four new Mac tracks with a re-tweaked couple of them coming from the shelved Lindsey album..

Not great, but, possible..
Old 02-13-2018, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If it's ANOTHER fleetwood mac greatest hits - no comment.
If it's an LB greatest hits - I can see why they want to do it.

I cannot see the justification for a FM greatest hits. It's not like they are going to put any of the SYW singles on it. It will be the 2004 set re-shuffled.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i wish FM would stop touring right now! the time is not on any of their sides, and wasting Lindsey and Christine's productive time and health on another huge GH Mac tour is silly. i understand the fans who never saw them live - but hey, they can do some one-offs here and there (5 shows in LA Forum or something?) and not kill the whole years with those never ending cash grabs! if Mick couldn't hold to his money by now, another cashgrab tour will not help him, he'll be right back where he started after it is done again. plus the market is currently saturated with all the other dinosaur bands selling hugely expensive tickets for their farewell tours, Mac is coming in too late for this and next year anyway.
I could live with just a couple of shows in The Forum and/or MSG. That's enough for me. Besides, if they're all on such bad terms, a long fake tour, with fake hugs and fake compliments (and fake sentimental stories) won't do any good to any of us (and to any of them either). Do it quickly and move on to the real thing: BuckVie 2 and Lindsey's solo tour.

I also wouldn't mind a Best Of albums. I never see Lindsey on a solo tour, and I love all his work, so he can sing anything to me and I will be happy.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lindsey shelving an album bodes well for an FM tour - there's really no other reason for him to delay a release and solo tour, assuming he is in good health. These Fleetwood Mac tours take months to plan, to line up venues, to get everything arranged. Lots of money is involved. It would have to be something catastrophic to have all those plans cancelled. Hopefully whatever is going on per WelshWitchPMD's source is not catastrophic.

Last edited by sodascouts; 02-13-2018 at 08:59 PM..
Old 02-14-2018, 02:54 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

WelshWitch can correct me, but i believe he said Best Of not the GH. his GH is not anything that would make me happy. but his Best Of has a potential to be fantastic and there are all those amazing songs he never did live or maybe did just once that could see the light of the day if he selects them for the album and tours them. so after being initially hugely unhappy about this turn of events (almost looks like labels always spell some kind of trouble for LB ), i can see the upside if he selects the right songs. for years now i've had a huge list of his solo stuff (+ some Tusk and SYW songs) that i would LOVE to hear live and the list keeps growing as he releases new songs. why not highlight those amazing songs? Rodeo. To Try for the Sun. Twist of Fate. Gift of Screws. Red Rover. Rock Away Blind. he's gotta huge list of fantastic but relatively or completely unknown songs that deserve to be heard.

oh and i will live in hope he may put a couple of completely new songs on that Best Of album too.
I've never seen FM live, and I don't want to be tempted to pay as much as I did for BuckVie to get not nearly as good seats for FM. Unless FM can get their stuff together for a new album or he finally changes up what he wears on stage every once in a while, I don't want to pay up the nose.

lol, about Mick. Does his accountant suck or does he just flat out ignore that person?

I consider Greatest Hits and Best of to be the same, since they're both compilations. I get what you're saying though on that they're actually different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
Lindsey shelving an album bodes well for an FM tour - there's really no other reason for him to delay a release and solo tour, assuming he is in good health. These Fleetwood Mac tours take months to plan, to line up venues, to get everything arranged. Lots of money is involved. It would have to be something catastrophic to have all those plans cancelled. Hopefully whatever is going on per WelshWitchPMD's source is not catastrophic.
Hi Soda! Even though we may not agree on wanting the FM tour or not, I really appreciate your take on it. As much as I don't want an FM tour because of the cost, LB makes way more money on it, which allows him to be ok with solo tours and albums and do the project with Christine. If he had enough money, why would he continue to work with FM or is the relationship between all of them not as bad as we perceive it to be?