The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Do you own all 17 studio albums?
Yes! "Dog and Dustbin", "Mystery to Me", "Tusk", "Time" and the other 13! It's all the Mac.. 30 30.93%
No, I have albums from more than one era, but I'm not a completist. 49 50.52%
No, if it's not got Stevie and Lindsey on it, I'm not really interested. No offence intended! 14 14.43%
No, you mean to tell me Fleetwood Mac carried on after Bob Welch left? What happened? 0 0%
No, and until Peter Green comes back after his 44 year holiday, I won't buy another one. 0 0%
No, I only own "Time". 4 4.12%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2014, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got all the official releases (most of them within a week of their release date) from Dog & Dustbin to Live In Boston (2003), and a plethora of semi-official live releases as well as quite a number of some downright illegal bootlegs. (and about 6 or 7 versions of Rumours) Also, have the singles that the B-side was not on the album from which the A-side was taken (except "Green Manalishi"/"World In Harmony"...that's still my "Holy Grail")

AND, most of the major members' solo albums, as well. (Peter, Jeremy, Danny, Bob Weston, Bob Welch, Christine, Mick, Lindsey & Stevie) My collection isn't quite as complete as John's (wetcamelfood), but, it's close.

Just just got up to date on Jeremy Spencer's post-Mac catalogue this past week. Looking forward to getting his new album shortly (Coventry Blue)
Old 01-25-2014, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Once again this thread deviates from the question???????
Old 01-25-2014, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm seriously doubting anyone will choose the last option, but it was good for a laugh.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HAHAHAHAHAHA the last choice is too funny!!!!!!!! And sad if you only own...Time...no offends!
Dear friends, my collection IS really sad. I don't have enough CDs yet!!
I own Then Play On, Penguin, FM '75, Rumours, Live, Tango, Say You Will, and The Very Best of (single and double) on CD, then Bare Trees and Behind the Mask on cassette...and the rest on my pc...
But, I must say that, except for Time, I have all their albums, in one format or another, from 1972 to 2004, which is not bad at all! (Sorry Peter!!!)
Regards!
Old 01-25-2014, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I'm seriously doubting anyone will choose the last option, but it was good for a laugh.
I'm glad someone appreciates my sense of humour, although barring Blow by Blow I enjoy Time. Maybe I should have had options like

1. Rumours "5" and SYW only.
2. Rumours "5", SYW and BTM only.
3 Rumours "5", SYW BTM, Time only.
4. Rumours "5" SYW, mid-period only
5 Rumours "5" SYW, BTM, mid-period only
6. Rumours "5" SYW, BTM, Time mid-period only
7. Rumours "5", SYW, Green era...

etc, etc.. but that might have got a bit tedious. Besides, I wanted to open it up for responses. I'm always curious to now how many of us are out there that try to appreciate all periods of the band.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I'm glad someone appreciates my sense of humour, although barring Blow by Blow I enjoy Time. Maybe I should have had options like

1. Rumours "5" and SYW only.
2. Rumours "5", SYW and BTM only.
3 Rumours "5", SYW BTM, Time only.
4. Rumours "5" SYW, mid-period only
5 Rumours "5" SYW, BTM, mid-period only
6. Rumours "5" SYW, BTM, Time mid-period only
7. Rumours "5", SYW, Green era...

etc, etc.. but that might have got a bit tedious. Besides, I wanted to open it up for responses. I'm always curious to now how many of us are out there that try to appreciate all periods of the band.
I actually like your list of choices in the poll. And for the record "I Do" (pun intended) own "Time" and appreciate all periods of the band. Along with all the solo projects of the band members from all eras of FM.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I own every studio album on CD (plus additional copies of several on vinyl, cassette, and even a couple 8 tracks!), the major compilations, the official live albums, the digital-only EP, quite a few 7" singles and 12" maxis, and a handful of cassette-singles.

Solo-wise, I own on CD -- all of Stevie's & Christine's albums, all of Lindsey's except 'Seeds We Sow' (I have a digital copy, but haven't feel the need to purchase a hard copy), five of Bob Welch's, three of Mick's, two of Rick's, and Bekka & Billy's one-off album. I have digital copies of many of the other solo albums, as well.

That's just the official stuff.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I own every studio album on CD (plus additional copies of several on vinyl, cassette, and even a couple 8 tracks!), the major compilations, the official live albums, the digital-only EP, quite a few 7" singles and 12" maxis, and a handful of cassette-singles.

Solo-wise, I own on CD -- all of Stevie's & Christine's albums, all of Lindsey's except 'Seeds We Sow' (I have a digital copy, but haven't feel the need to purchase a hard copy), five of Bob Welch's, three of Mick's, two of Rick's, and Bekka & Billy's one-off album. I have digital copies of many of the other solo albums, as well.

That's just the official stuff.
You're a monster, Johnny!!
Old 01-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have all post Lindsey and Stevie. And I have Heroes are Hard to Find, Mystery to Me, Bare Trees, and Future Games.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Curious...

Does anyone else have the Selections From Live In Boston Vol. 2? I downloaded it from Amazon a long time ago and I don't know that I've ever seen it again. Certainly not on iTunes.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You're a monster, Johnny!!
Lol.

As it is, I forgot to add CD singles to the Mac list. I also have various solo albums on vinyl and cassette, and quite a few solo singles on vinyl, CD and/or cassette single.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
Does anyone else have the Selections From Live In Boston Vol. 2? I downloaded it from Amazon a long time ago and I don't know that I've ever seen it again. Certainly not on iTunes.
Yes... and as you pointed out, it's no longer available for some reason. Amazon used to have it too.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:50 PM
Ledgie

I've got all of the studio albums. I also have Greatest Hits, The Dance, 25 Years: The Chain and I downloaded Extended Play.

Even though I own the lot only really listen to the Rumours line up regularly. However, each year I will have a retrospective and listen to them all from start to finish.

Last edited by ChickenStu; 01-25-2014 at 05:53 PM..
Old 01-25-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Lol.

As it is, I forgot to add CD singles to the Mac list. I also have various solo albums on vinyl and cassette, and quite a few solo singles on vinyl, CD and/or cassette single.
I have quite a few cd singles, cassette singles, and vinyl singles as well.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

About five years ago, I started collecting the blues stuff, which had been the only albums missing from my collection. I have them all now. I transferred everything to digital files (yes, horrors!) and refer to them quickly on my drives when I need some information. I will occasionally look at the old vinyl and cassettes in the cold basement when I'm feeling nostalgic.