Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Record Plant Broadcast

I am currently trying to locate Fleetwood Mac Record Plant, Sausalito, Ca - 1974. I tried downloading on Dimeadozen, but the seeders ran out. Does anyone know where I can get this recording, also any others from the Bob Welch era?
Old 02-18-2006, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theginn
I am currently trying to locate Fleetwood Mac Record Plant, Sausalito, Ca - 1974. I tried downloading on Dimeadozen, but the seeders ran out. Does anyone know where I can get this recording, also any others from the Bob Welch era?
Scroll down: http://home.comcast.net/~streetofdreams/Index.html
Old 02-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Junior Ledgie

Question

That is great. Thanks. I will download this and give it a listen. Now I just have to find a copy in wave format so I burn a CD. I'm still old school. No MP3 player as yet.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That is great. Thanks. I will download this and give it a listen. Now I just have to find a copy in wave format so I burn a CD. I'm still old school. No MP3 player as yet.
Most CD players WILL play MP3 CDs.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Ledgie

try this link if you need to convert from MP3 to wav. Its free and seems to work okay.
http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dlmp32wav.html
This won't sound as good as the files from Dime. The site is down at the moment try asking for seeders when it's back up next time.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by duracell
try this link if you need to convert from MP3 to wav. Its free and seems to work okay.
http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dlmp32wav.html
This won't sound as good as the files from Dime. The site is down at the moment try asking for seeders when it's back up next time.
I use dBPoweramp Music converter. It works very fast, and supports all kind of musical file extensions, converting both ways. A very satisfactory tool.
It can be downloaded for free at:
http://www.download.com/3000-2140_4-10042534.html
Good luck
Old 02-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird
The only problem with that Record Plant download is that "Bermuda Triangle" cuts off too early.

But, HERE'S the full version of the song (mp3)!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
The only problem with that Record Plant download is that "Bermuda Triangle" cuts off too early.

Thanks for sharing that, Steve.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD

Thanks, Steve.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Some burn programs will create a normal CD straight from mp3s - I know Nero will.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb-Maat-Re
Some burn programs will create a normal CD straight from mp3s - I know Nero will.
That's not completely true, though . If you buy Nero it will. The copy you get for free when you buy a CD or DVD burner for your PC, it will only burn mp3's up to a certain amount of sessions. I seem to remember it stopped after I did 30 sessions. The dBPoweramp Converter was a true discovery for me.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk
That's not completely true, though . If you buy Nero it will. The copy you get for free when you buy a CD or DVD burner for your PC, it will only burn mp3's up to a certain amount of sessions. I seem to remember it stopped after I did 30 sessions. The dBPoweramp Converter was a true discovery for me.
Hmmmm...that's odd. I'm still using the Nero that came with my DVD/CD-R(W) burner I got about this time last year. I must have burnt nearly (if not well over) 100 discs in that time frame. Like the Energizer Bunny, it's still going and going and going.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Hmmmm...that's odd. I'm still using the Nero that came with my DVD/CD-R(W) burner I got about this time last year. I must have burnt nearly (if not well over) 100 discs in that time frame. Like the Energizer Bunny, it's still going and going and going.
Addicting isnt it?
Old 05-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Wolfgangs Vault

Not sure if this has been posted or not:

Record Plant
Sausalito, CA
09/19/1974
Tracks: 13
Total Time: 1:11:28

Wolfgangs Vault

Mick Fleetwood - drums
John McVie - bass
Christine McVie - piano, vocals
Doug Graves - organ, keyboards
Bob Welch - guitar, vocals

1. Intro/Coming Home
2. Sentimental Lady
3. Future Games
4. Bermuda Triangle
5. The Green Manalishi
6. Why
7. Homeward Bound
8. Angel
9. I Loved Another Woman
10. Spare Me A Little Of Your Love
11. Oh Well
12. Rattle Snake Shake
13. Spare Me A Little Of Your Love (OT)

There is a curious fact behind the radio introduction at the beginning of this classic Fleetwood Mac concert. Originally part of KMET’s Live At The Record Plant series in San Francisco, (which would later move over to KSAN-FM, in 1975), the show begins with legendary disc jockey B. Mitchell Reed introducing the group with: "Tonight we’re very happy to present Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Bob Welch, Doug Graves - in other words, the real Fleetwood Mac."

If it seems odd that they would be called “the real” Fleetwood Mac, it is because at the same time there was a group of imposters touring the U.S. as Fleetwood Mac, a result of a nasty legal dispute between the band and their former manager, Clifford Davis, who claimed he owned the name. The ex-manager decided to tour a group of musicians as Fleetwood Mac, in spite of legal sparing that continued between the real members and himself. In the end, the real members won the suit, and by then had moved to Southern California, where they had made the transition from hard-edged blues-rock band to a bona fide pop-rock band.

This recording represents the very end of the Bare Trees-era Fleetwood Mac. The band had formed in 1967 after the demise of the classic John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers band, which included drummer Mick Fleetwood, bassist John McVie, ex-Yardbirds/future-Cream guitarist Eric Clapton, and of course, Mayall. Fleetwood Mac evolved when Mick and John left the Bluesbreakers and joined up with guitarist Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer. The initial studio albums would yield many great songs, including the original version of “Black Magic Woman” and “Green Manalishi,” which would later become huge hits for Santana and Judas Priest, respectively. By the early 1970s, the band would add a keyboardist named Christine Perfect, who had been with the Spencer Davis Group and Chicken Shack.

By 1971, both Green and Spencer would decline into drug use and mental illness (Spencer joined a religious cult called the Children of God and was barely heard from after 1972); and Perfect was now Mrs. John McVie. Bob Welch jumped on board, and he, along with Danny Kirwin and Christine McVie, would take a greater role in shaping the music of the band. It was in 1972, with the release of Bare Trees (and the 1973 follow-up Mystery To Me – both on Warner Brothers Records), that Fleetwood Mac would lay the groundwork for the pop phenomenon they would soon become.

The group was unable to tour in 1974 because of the court case with Davies, but they did record Heroes Are Hard To Find, and this radio broadcast done to promote the album was one of the few live performances the band did that year. Shortly after this show was recorded for KMET, Bob Welch left Fleetwood Mac to form the short-lived trio Paris. This forced the band to re-group once again in 1975, when they decided to change musical gears completely and recruit a struggling pop duo named Buckingham-Nicks. And the rest, as they say, is rock ‘n’ roll history.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Wolfgang's Vault Summary writers are trying to create revisionist history...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
This recording represents the very end of the Bare Trees-era Fleetwood Mac.
Uhhh...no. The Bare Trees-era ended in 1972. This recording represents the Heroes Are Hard To Find-era.

Quote:
It was in 1972, with the release of Bare Trees (and the 1973 follow-up Mystery To Me...
Ummm...ignoring the Penguin album, are we?

Quote:
...that Fleetwood Mac would lay the groundwork for the pop phenomenon they would soon become.
I think they did that as far back as Kiln House.

Quote:
...By 1971, both Green and Spencer would decline into drug use and mental illness
Well, ok, maybe that could describe Peter at the time...but not Jeremy. I don't think "finding God" qualifies as "mental illness".

Quote:
...along with Danny Kirwin...
K-I-R-W-A-N!!!

Quote:
The group was unable to tour in 1974 ...
Well, that's not true, they DID tour in '74...from August to December.

Quote:
Shortly after this show was recorded for KMET, Bob Welch left Fleetwood Mac
If you call 1/4 of a year "shortly", I guess so.

Whoever wrote the summary for this concert should be backhanded and horsewhipped.

Last edited by chiliD; 05-23-2007 at 11:11 AM..