The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:18 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Special Editions: Mirage, Tango and Behind The Mask?

Hey gang,

What happened to the rest of the the "special edition" versions of the groups albums? Weren't they gonna do the demos, bonus and rough cuts stuff for Mirage, Tango and Behind the Mask?

MikeBangle
Old 03-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBangle View Post
Hey gang,

What happened to the rest of the the "special edition" versions of the groups albums? Weren't they gonna do the demos, bonus and rough cuts stuff for Mirage, Tango and Behind the Mask?

MikeBangle
I have no idea.

I wish they would put together a definitive version.. remastered, bonus cuts, etc.. of all the official Mac albums in one nice, matching box set. I would make it an obvious conversation piece in my home. Seriously. It would be worth the money to me, even if some others may see it as paying for the same stuff over and over and over.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I have no idea.

I wish they would put together a definitive version.. remastered, bonus cuts, etc.. of all the official Mac albums in one nice, matching box set. I would make it an obvious conversation piece in my home. Seriously. It would be worth the money to me, even if some others may see it as paying for the same stuff over and over and over.
Ditto! I would certainly pay for it since I am sorta new to Fleetwood Mac and don't have all of their albums. I highly enjoyed the remastered/bonus versions of the first three Rumours lineup albums. I can't wait for Tango to get the same treatment...if ever.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamz19 View Post
Ditto! I would certainly pay for it since I am sorta new to Fleetwood Mac and don't have all of their albums. I highly enjoyed the remastered/bonus versions of the first three Rumours lineup albums. I can't wait for Tango to get the same treatment...if ever.
don't know if there is enough material from Tango or Mirage for a bonus cd like Tusk or Rumours. Of course just a few songs (like the white album spec. edition) would be welcome, but don't know if the record company thinks it's a commercial good idea
Old 04-08-2007, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think there are plenty of left overs fromboth mirage and tango. First of all you all the songs from the chain box set that could be added on to it like teen beat, goodbye angel, as well as the un-edited 6 min Gypsy. I'm sure there are more songs or alt takes that never made it on to it. Then for tango you have 4 unreleased b-sides, book of miracles, down endless street, you and I pt 2, Ricky, plus all the 12er versions would be nice to have on disc, of big love, little lies, and family man. I'm sure there are some demos that could be thrown on it easily.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Probably hasnt happened because I'm guessing the sales were relatively poor on the re-release of Fleetwood Mac, Rumours and Tusk...
Old 04-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Probably hasnt happened because I'm guessing the sales were relatively poor on the re-release of Fleetwood Mac, Rumours and Tusk...
I would tend to think that the three they DID release doubly outsold the entire Elvis Costello catalogue they remastered (as double discs). Why they stopped after only three albums is just idiotic.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird28 View Post
I think there are plenty of left overs fromboth mirage and tango. First of all you all the songs from the chain box set that could be added on to it like teen beat, goodbye angel, as well as the un-edited 6 min Gypsy. I'm sure there are more songs or alt takes that never made it on to it. Then for tango you have 4 unreleased b-sides, book of miracles, down endless street, you and I pt 2, Ricky, plus all the 12er versions would be nice to have on disc, of big love, little lies, and family man. I'm sure there are some demos that could be thrown on it easily.
I agree. I've never heard some of the B-sides from Tango, and I have seen some people passing around old Tango demos on 7Wonders. I think there would be enough.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:23 AM

Genesis is re-issuing there material yet again... in pristine fashion... Fmac.... almost nothing... i'm getting pissed about this
Old 04-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post

Possibly, but that doesn't make sense to me. Yeah, they probably didn't meet the huge quota they wanted, but still, many, many more lesser known artists have had their entire catalogs re-released with bonus discs (Elvis Costello comes to mind). He is one of the most prolific artists ever, with an unbelievable saturation of material released and unreleased. Many of his albums are very obscure and have never been big sellers even when they were initially released...yet Rhino did an amazing job. His bonus discs have even more material than the albums themselves. They were released because it establishes his legacy. (Not to mention that his output compared to Fleetwood Mac, puts them to shame.)

Fleetwood Mac has more mass appeal, an even more established, more prominent legacy. But it's not being treated as so. Come on, Tango In The Night was a huge album in its day. And even Mirage reached the top of the charts. They deserve to be re-released, regardless of how much they sell. Of course they aren't going to burn up the charts again...but that's not the point of doing it. They have to get their heads out of their asses!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 04-10-2007 at 01:26 PM..
Old 04-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see Warner Brothers/Reprise giving two craps.