Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-21-2003, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Omg, I Won!!!!!!!

I am so excited!!!! I entered the contest that WZLX Boston had for tickets for the second leg of the tour in Boston and I won!! When they aired the Anaheim concert Friday, you had to write down the setlist and send it to them before midnight and I just got an email today asking for my contact info and everything and they confirmed that I won! I've never won anything before!! Did anyone else win the contest? I know they were giving away quite a few tix!

Old 07-21-2003, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

CONGRATS Dissention! have any idea where the seats are? hopefully they are good ones Boston is one of my fave places~ have a good time

xx Meredith
Old 07-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Congrats on your winning tickets! I know how thrilled you must be.. I recently won a pair of Sheryl Crow tickets myself and I never win anything either. Enjoy the show and I hope your seats are awesome!

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~
Old 07-21-2003, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I go w/ you? LOL

"If you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get real f*cking angry!" (Stevie-1988)

If I'd have written a song on "Rumours"? How about "You want a what?", or "We should have had a Pre-Nup". (John McVie)
Old 07-21-2003, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks so much guys, it's awesome to be able to share excitement with other HUGE fans!

I just got OFF THE AIR with the station! The dude called me and put me on the air!! I acted like a total buffoon and I sounded terrible because I have bronchitis. I was such an idiot. He started telling the listeners that tickets go on sale Monday at 10am and then I piped in with "Do I have to pick up the tickets?! Where?!" Good lord. Then, he told the listeners the concert was on September 24th and I said "IT'S ON A WEDNESDAY!!" I'm such a dork.

The worst part was when he joked around with me by saying that a limo would pick me up and I'd get a complimentary Carvel ice cream cake. Of course, I thought he was serious and said "REALLY?! I LIKE VANILLA, NOT CHOCOLATE! WHAT TIME DO I GET PICKED UP?!" I wanted to die right then and there but I didn't care, BECAUSE I'M GONNA SEE STEVIE AND LINDSEY! And the kicker...

FRONT ROW CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I had just won a pair of tix but when he said front row center...ooh, heart palpitations. He said I'd be so close Stevie could swat me with her chiffon robe. I replied "I DON'T CARE, SHE COULD BEAT ME WITH IT!"

Does Lindsey sign things? I heard that he's signed things for people in the front rows and if so...OOTC is coming with me, baby!!

But wait...it gets better!!!!

After I got off the phone with the dude on air (I forget his name I'm so excited!!), a woman named Karen from the station called me. She said I can go backstage for promotional pics and meet the band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, that means Stevie Nicks...IN THE FLESH!!! I don't care if it's only a handshake, I'm gonna be prepared; I'm drafting up a list of questions right this minute!! I can't get over the fact that I'm going to meet the one woman who has touched my heart for years upon years. *fanning face*

Has anyone been backstage and met them? They probably wouldn't sign anything, but hey, any info you can give me, I'd be soo happy!!

Old 07-21-2003, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default WOW

Awesome, Dissention. Do us Ledgies proud - and above all, enjoy yourself!
Old 07-21-2003, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now that's what I call winning something!!!!! Great for You!!! I hope you don't faint in front of her!

Last edited by shackin'up; 07-21-2003 at 06:09 PM..
Old 07-21-2003, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you!!! How exciting...you get FRONT ROW TICKETS, AND YOU GET TO MEET THEM!!!!!!!! Oh, and the limo and cake!! LMAO!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-21-2003, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks, you guys are the best! It'll be hard not fainting...but wouldn't that be just like life? Something wonderful happens to you and then you pass out and can't enjoy it...

Christy- If by any chance I'm so close that Lindsey's perspiration drops on me, I'll wipe it off and send the napkin to ya.

I guess this would be the PERFECT time to wear my "Fire Jonathan Todd" t-shirt, eh? You bet your bucking broncos I will, too. Maybe I'll write it on my forehead, too.

Old 07-21-2003, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's great to hear someone winning that really appreciates it. Last week, a guy here won front row seats and backstage perks for tonight's show. On the air, the guy kills me when he says to the world, "Oh, I won? I can't go because for five years we've been planning a family trip to Hawaii and we're going this week! I'm like, why the hell did you call in for and try to win if you couldn't go! Uhgghhh! Congrats to you, dissention. You deserve it!
Old 07-21-2003, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
I'm so happy for you!!! How exciting...you get FRONT ROW TICKETS, AND YOU GET TO MEET THEM!!!!!!!! Oh, and the limo and cake!! LMAO!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dissention!!!!! WOW You are in for an AMAZING night!!! Do us proud!!!

OMG I don't know how you can sit still right now!! I would be bouncing off the walls!!!! What an amazing thing to look forward to you~ good luck to all snagging tickets~ i'm holding out for a good one hopefully (for Greensboro) CONGRATS AGAIN DISSENTION!!!

xx Meredith
Old 07-21-2003, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Who says I'm sitting still?

I haven't been this excited since Kimberly blew up the apartment building on Melrose Place!

Old 07-21-2003, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention

I haven't been this excited since Kimberly blew up the apartment building on Melrose Place!
OKAY, I think I just wet myself...

.. or maybe i shouldn't have admitted that?
Old 07-21-2003, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I sure hope you can bleach out urine stains!

I used to be a Melrose ADDICT! EVERY Monday night!! Imagine my joy when I found out that the E! Network is re-airing the episodes from the beginning in the morning. Oh, heaven.

I vividly remember the days when Brooke trashed Alison's apartment and wrote whore all over the walls, Amanda had a miscarriage, Kimberly and Sydney tried to kill Michael on many occasions, Jane and Sydney wrestled each other into the pool on Syd's wedding day, Amanda burned Jake's bike shop to the ground, Keith killed himself over the phone with Alison, Jo's baby was kidnapped, Jake killed his brother, Kimberly tried to kill Peter in the mental hospital, Sydney was arrested for hooking, and then she was run over as she was walking out of the church on her wedding day.

Oh, those were the days...

Old 07-21-2003, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am completely knocked out by your Melrose knowledge, Dissention! Way to go! that show was amazing... wow, I had forgotten all that, and I'm only 22, man my memory is very foggy~ I do remember 90210 vividly though~ at least till they got to college and Andrea slept with her RA and got knocked up (she was my fave character, yes i know i'm a nerd). I always found that a bit creepy, then Felicity did it, then I became an RA (but not for that reason)

I agree, those were the days... what would we have done without BH 90210, Melrose Place, Models Inc, The Heights and the rest? Aaron Spelling is the man.

since this is officially a "Congrats to Dissention" thread, here's something to keep us on topic:

we want PICTURES. especially of that "Fire Jonathan Todd" Tshirt, oh joy!