Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2017, 04:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Love That Burns- A Chronical of Fleetwood Mac Volume 1

Micks new book; Love That Burns
at £325 +p&p, that's £1 per page.

http://fleetwoodmacbook.com/

It looks very nice, but I'm not sure if there'll be many new, unseen pictures included.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-12-2017, 05:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Micks new book; Love That Burns
at £325 +p&p, that's £1 per page.

http://fleetwoodmacbook.com/

It looks very nice, but I'm not sure if there'll be many new, unseen pictures included.
. . . yes indeed, it looks VERY nice, no doubt about that. but watch out for THIS , all you hard core f.m. aficionados:
the included 7" even boasts a musical holy grail to boost - at least that's what they make you think, as it reads "an exclusive 7" vinyl picture disc includes (...) a rare instrumental track, first recorded in February 1967, titled 'Fleetwood Mac' (...)."
WOW!!! what a stunning rarity! now this REALLY justifies a princely sum like that! do they really think they can fool the folks who spend the mere few bob on this tome??? but the end always justifies the means, doesn't it . . . OH WELL (to say it in greeny's own words)!
Old 03-14-2017, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's a Heroes-era pic I never saw before.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:06 PM
Junior Ledgie

or you could save a lot of money and read Love That Burns by our own Rich Orlando / Brooklyn Blue. Much cheaper and with the money you've saved you'll have a deeper understanding of the surviving musical work of Peter Green and be able to buy some spiffing cd cakes to allow you to burn off all those collectable radio sessions, concert tapes etc.. that Mick should be releasing on a Peter Green's Flacworld Meet download website

Thanks Mick, how about starting with the BBC master of that fabulous beyond words 1970 In Concert recording uncut. That's a scorcher.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash1 View Post
or you could save a lot of money and read Love That Burns by our own Rich Orlando / Brooklyn Blue. Much cheaper and with the money you've saved you'll have a deeper understanding of the surviving musical work of Peter Green and be able to buy some spiffing cd cakes to allow you to burn off all those collectable radio sessions, concert tapes etc.. that Mick should be releasing on a Peter Green's Flacworld Meet download website

Thanks Mick, how about starting with the BBC master of that fabulous beyond words 1970 In Concert recording uncut. That's a scorcher.
Good suggestion, ash1!

And to clear up any potential confusion, Rich's book and Mick's book are indeed two entirely different books - just by coincidence they have very similar names (Rich's book is titled "A Love That Burns") and published around the same time. You can find Rich's e-book through the Smiling Corgi Press website (https://smilingcorgipress.com/), and you can also read his very illuminating blog posts there as well - for example, he recently posted a 3-part series on "All Over Again (I Got A Mind To Give Up Living)".

And for those who prefer a "real" book rather than the current e-book format of "A Love That Burns", I've heard that one is in the works. Apparently there's a lot of hassle involved in reformatting everything for this, but hopefully the paper-and-ink version will be available in a few months.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
And for those who prefer a "real" book rather than the current e-book format of "A Love That Burns", I've heard that one is in the works. Apparently there's a lot of hassle involved in reformatting everything for this, but hopefully the paper-and-ink version will be available in a few months.
that's good news! hopefully rich will announce the print version here on "the ledge" - i'm very much looking forward to it.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash1 View Post
be able to buy some spiffing cd cakes to allow you to burn off all those collectable radio sessions, concert tapes etc.. that Mick should be releasing on a Peter Green's Flacworld Meet download website

Do you know if Mick still has the right to do this ash 1 ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/3463157.stm
Old 03-17-2017, 05:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THD View Post
Do you know if Mick still has the right to do this ash 1 ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/3463157.stm
very interesting case which i didn't know anything about - has anybody got a clue what became of it?
Old 03-17-2017, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've done some deeper research : they ultimately lost the case They then sued their lawyers for giving them bad advice !

So in answer to Ash 1 -it's no good lobbying Mick about the release of the In Concert material, you'll have to lobby the BBC and they would have to renegotiate with the artist ie Fleetwood Mac in this case ,and given the outcome of the court case I doubt Mick (out of pique )would agree (unless the law requiresit to be Fleetwood Mac, as they were at the time it was recorded , as a single entity ,that must agree ,in which case it may be irellevent what he thinks .)

http://www.musiclawupdates.com/?p=2146

Surprisingly it has been mentioned before here
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=39758

Last edited by THD; 03-17-2017 at 06:41 AM..
Old 03-17-2017, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've done some deeper research : they ultimately lost the case They then sued their lawyers for giving them bad advice !

So in answer to Ash 1 -it's no good lobbying Mick about the release of the In Concert material, you'll have to lobby the BBC and they would have to renegotiate with the artist ie Fleetwood Mac in this case ,and given the outcome of the court case I doubt Mick (out of pique )would agree (unless the law requiresit to be Fleetwood Mac, as they were at the time it was recorded , as a single entity ,that must agree ,in which case it may be irellevent what he thinks .)

http://www.musiclawupdates.com/?p=2146
many thanks for your enlightenment, thd!

Quote:
Surprisingly it has been mentioned before here
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=39758
no wonder this got lost on me - the "post-rumours" section is not my playground, really.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post

no wonder this got lost on me - the "post-rumours" section is not my playground, really.
Nor mine Lazt P !

Interesting that by sueing and loosing they had to pay the BBC lawyers costs and that would make Mick's company bankrupt , so in desperation they blamed their own advisors (possibly correctly -who knows -although the judge didn't think so ). N
o wonder Mick has to keep touring !!
Old 03-17-2017, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Interesting that by suing and losing they had to pay the BBC lawyers costs and that would make Mick's company bankrupt , so in desperation they blamed their own advisors (possibly correctly -who knows -although the judge didn't think so ). No wonder Mick has to keep touring !!
And trying to sell £325 books!
Old 03-18-2017, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
And trying to sell £325 books!
Your not wrong there Sharksfan !

It did occur to me that the bass riff from the Chain(?)which is used for any promo or actual programme to do will Formula One motor racing (at least here in the UK ) must earn them a pretty penny (or do they give it all to Mc Vie ? or did Lynsey compose it and tell John what to play ??!!)

PS I hope the Chinese don't acquire a taste for Sharksfan soup !!
Old 03-18-2017, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Old 03-18-2017, 09:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Your not wrong there Sharksfan !

It did occur to me that the bass riff from the Chain(?)which is used for any promo or actual programme to do will Formula One motor racing (at least here in the UK ) must earn them a pretty penny (or do they give it all to Mc Vie ? or did Lynsey compose it and tell John what to play ??!!)

I would expect that all the writers, i.e. the whole band, will receive equal payment for the use of the music. Whether that is fair or not, that's how royalties and shared credit work.