Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Double standards (2nd try)

No solo on Gypsy…

“And Then…”

“How dare they play The Chain and having broken it...” Yeah, because Lindsey didn’t do it on his first solo tour after HE broke The Chain (8:25)

“There wasn’t the fire between Neil and Stevie…”

And there isn’t going to be. Pretty unrealistic to expect her to have any chemistry with someone she hardly knows compared with her ex she’s known since she was a teenager. Stevie and Rick really didn’t have any chemistry at first.

Mick and John sounded fine, Neil was on pitch, Mike rocked out when he needed to (though was the shakiest performance). Christine looked great, although got lost in the mix. Not going to say anything about Stevie other than it was a standard performance.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-11-2018, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie also performed The Chain at the House of Blues in '91 after she had also bailed on the band. Neither she nor Lindsey were fired then .They had left by their own choice as did Christine in '98. The Chain on Ellen was not terrible . Stevie looking ,pointing and squinting at Neil was terrible or at the very least absurd. Gypsy was pretty bad and that is mostly due to Stevie's vocal performance . I was a fan of the Rumours band in the 1970s and Stevie in her solo prime in real time and remain a fan of the great music produced during those years. However If this is the current state of her voice then she should retire.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Stevie also performed The Chain at the House of Blues in '91 after she had also bailed on the band. Neither she nor Lindsey were fired then .
So, Lindsey and Stevie can effectively fire the band (or break the chain), but the band can’t fire them?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-11-2018, 09:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
So, Lindsey and Stevie can effectively fire the band (or break the chain), but the band can’t fire them?
There is something seriously wrong with you.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you don't get the difference between someone leaving a band on their own accord and getting fired in the twilight years from a band that you were largely responsible for the commercial and artistic success of then there is probably no way that It can be explained.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default On a side note

Lindsey performing The Chain solo vs Stevie performing it solo or even the post-Tango FM iterations performing it are different kettles of fish.

The music and lyrics of that song as we know it is something like 65% Lindsey, 25% Christine and John, and 10% Stevie.

But anyway, the "band" giving Lindsey the boot 20 years after the Dance reunion and at this advanced stage of their lives and legacies and then electing to introduce their new lineup with The Chain was symbolically abominable and creatively deceptive.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Lindsey performing The Chain solo vs Stevie performing it solo or even the post-Tango FM iterations performing it are different kettles of fish.

The music and lyrics of that song as we know it is something like 65% Lindsey, 25% Christine and John, and 10% Stevie.

But anyway, the "band" giving Lindsey the boot 20 years after the Dance reunion and at this advanced stage of their lives and legacies and then electing to introduce their new lineup with The Chain was symbolically abominable and creatively deceptive.
Not to mention the choice of performing Gypsy..perhaps the ultimate example of a pretty ordinary Stevie song transformed into something magical by Lindsey's studio handiwork.

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 09-11-2018 at 10:11 PM..
Old 09-11-2018, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

...the "band" giving Lindsey the boot 20 years after the Dance reunion and at this advanced stage of their lives and legacies and then electing to introduce their new lineup with The Chain was symbolically abominable and creatively deceptive.
I like this.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
There is something seriously wrong with you.
Yes there is. I appreciate consistency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
If you don't get the difference between someone leaving a band on their own accord and getting fired in the twilight years from a band that you were largely responsible for the commercial and artistic success of then there is probably no way that It can be explained.
Probably not. I don’t get why it was okay for Lindsey to reach his breaking point with them in 1987 for whatever reason, but they’re forbidden from reaching their own breaking point with him because of subsequent history.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why?

Quote:
Didn’t get the cheat sheet. I’m sure Mick would have something to say about that split.

Quote:
I agree that a new lineup at this point is ridiculous, but so was Lindsey quitting in the first place. As was calling a Fleetwood Mac album something else.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-11-2018, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Why?
For the reason I stated in the subsequent paragraph.
Context does not seem to be your greatest strength as far as the topic of this thread goes.

Quote:
Didn’t get the cheat sheet.
Come on, be fair--you have at least quadruple my FM knowledge, so you must know I'm roughly in the right ballpark as far as The Chain contribution breakdown goes.

Attend the DownOnRodeo VIP Experience on the sidelines of Lindsey's concert in Birmingham in November and I will personally hand you a Signature Cheat Sheet with my scientifically proven mathematical breakdowns of contributions to each song (percentages rounded to the nearest whole integer) as well as a hand-crafted dossier explaining in multiple languages that the events of 1987 are completely different to those of 2018.

Quote:
I’m sure Mick would have something to say about that split.
Perhaps you could pay him 660 USD to ask.
But seriously, kudos to Mick for his contributions within the ranks.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

People have explained their logic as to why they believe the context is different; SteveMacD does not accept anyone's logic and repeatedly insists the context is the same.

I'm afraid this thread is achieving very little.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

SteveMacD has been doubling down on his support of this **** show since the Ellen performance, almost as if to prove some kind of point, whilst I've disagreed with your opinion since April, you have been quite reasoned. However, you can't possibly think that that performance was in anyway good. Being completely objective, it was trash.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
... However, you can't possibly think that that performance was in anyway good. Being completely objective, it was trash.
I think it's exactly what was expected out of
a group of seventy something year olds.

The only surprise was Christine looking better.
What's her secret?
Old 09-12-2018, 07:04 AM

Three threads to say this? oy... Someone was drinking.