Old 08-31-2018, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't Stop (to highlight Chris/Neil)
Landslide (to highlight Stevie/Mike)
Old 08-31-2018, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japhry View Post
not that they WILL but this new band SHOULD perform the Crowded House deep cut/minor hit "Weather With You" instead of "Don't Dream it's over". WWY is perfect for Christine to harmonize with Neil. Even Stevie could have some decent harmony vocals here....and it's one of his best songs.
I also love the song Weather With You but wanted to mention that it was written by Tim Finn & Neil Finn and wasn't a Neil song. Tim was actually the main songwriter on that song and Neil helped him finish it.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

'Weather With You' is so pervasive on Australian radio etc. it's odd to hear it described as a 'deep cut' but.. Wait, what am I doing discussing this on a board about Rumours era Fleetwood Mac when Lindsey Buckingham is still alive and healthy and wanted to tour with the band this year and made new music for the band last year and then despite this he got kicked out this year to be replaced by the first compliant substitute they could find?.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japhry View Post
not that they WILL but this new band SHOULD perform the Crowded House deep cut/minor hit "Weather With You" instead of "Don't Dream it's over". WWY is perfect for Christine to harmonize with Neil. Even Stevie could have some decent harmony vocals here....and it's one of his best songs.
It may interest you to know that here in the UK, Weather With You was their highest charting single and the only one to reach the top ten. Don't Dream It's Over peaked at 27 on original release and 23 on reissue ten years later though it gained additional exposure when covered by Paul Young.

I'm all for including some of Neil's CH songs but to me, WWY is out.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For some reason I was initially skeptical of people suggesting SYLM being a possibility, but the more I thought about it, the more I think you guys might have something. That would be a great opportunity to showcase those three voices harmonizing. I'm excited to see what happens. It is past time we start getting a little taste of what they can do together.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope it’s not YMLF. Christine sounded awful on this song in the BuckVie tour...it made me so sad.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Neil is now in Fleetwood Mac. I don’t see him pulling Crowded House material out. As much as I love CH.........this is FLEETWOOD MAC.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Almost here... I'm excited to see this!
Old 09-03-2018, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Don't Stop (to highlight Chris/Neil)
Landslide (to highlight Stevie/Mike)
I kind of agree with this. Although we know Mike can play the guitar and he's played with her before.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Neil is now in Fleetwood Mac. I don’t see him pulling Crowded House material out. As much as I love CH.........this is FLEETWOOD MAC.
During the early days of Fleetwood Mac, they played The Supernatural.

When Christine joined, they played Get Like You Used To Be, I’d Rather Go Blind, and Crazy ‘Bout You Baby.

When Stevie and Lindsey joined, they did Don’t Let Me Down Again and Frozen Love.

When Billy Burnette was in the band, they play Tear It Up and The Bigger The Love.

When Dave Mason was in the band, they played We Just Disagee, Only You Know And I Know, Feelin’ Alright, and Dear Mr. Fantasy.

They’ve also had Stand Back, Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You, and Go Insane in the set.

Based on their past behavior, what leads you to believe they won’t do CH songs?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-03-2018, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
During the early days of Fleetwood Mac, they played The Supernatural.

When Christine joined, they played Get Like You Used To Be, I’d Rather Go Blind, and Crazy ‘Bout You Baby.

When Stevie and Lindsey joined, they did Don’t Let Me Down Again and Frozen Love.

When Billy Burnette was in the band, they play Tear It Up and The Bigger The Love.

When Dave Mason was in the band, they played We Just Disagee, Only You Know And I Know, Feelin’ Alright, and Dear Mr. Fantasy.

They’ve also had Stand Back, Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You, and Go Insane in the set.

Based on their past behavior, what leads you to believe they won’t do CH songs?
I agree with you--they are going to pull CH and TPH songs in....it's an allure for more fan bases. At least the TPH stuff has SN as the common thread. Will be interesting for sure.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's see what lies they come up with this time.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course Fleetwood Mac would go on Ellen. Light hearted fluff of a show. It amazes me that Ellen had the courage to come out publicly at a time that was not as accepting as today, yet she does not have the balls to ask the hard questions.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Of course Fleetwood Mac would go on Ellen. Light hearted fluff of a show. It amazes me that Ellen had the courage to come out publicly at a time that was not as accepting as today, yet she does not have the balls to ask the hard questions.
Maybe when Lindsey does publicity for his tour, he will appear on tv and someone will ask him the hard questions, and then we'll all get answers.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Have you ever watch the Ellen show? It is all about lighthearted fun very un-serious stuff usually. She’s not in the investigative reporter or even a journalist. It is a talk show that has always kept it light. Why does it have to turn into something about Lindsey Buckingham? It doesn’t.