Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread's days are numbered.......
Old 11-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzero View Post
before the thread vanishes, thanks mario. great to hear that there are recordings of peter and friends. lets start that thread

z
Yes, the existence of this thread is soon to dissappear....Who will start the next one?

But great to know that recordings from this period exist. Let's hope they won't end up like all the other "mystery recordings" that never materialized......

I wish that some information would slip past the protective grid now and then...like how is he, is he playing, is he fishing, whatever...... - But still good job any advantage-taking has been nipped in the bud....

Ms Moose
Old 11-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Yes, the existence of this thread is soon to dissappear....Who will start the next one?

But great to know that recordings from this period exist. Let's hope they won't end up like all the other "mystery recordings" that never materialized......

I wish that some information would slip past the protective grid now and then...like how is he, is he playing, is he fishing, whatever...... - But still good job any advantage-taking has been nipped in the bud....

Ms Moose
well I think I'm allowed to let you know that Peter is fine, playing great and that the fishing weekends are still happening.....
Mario.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

[Post has since been withdrawn from the website on which it appeared and seems to have been erroneous in nature]

Fleetwood Mac Legend Peter Green Joins Rising Ska Band For Album/Tour

Fleetwood Mac star Peter Green is making a fresh bid for pop success over 40 years after last topping the British charts — as part of a ska band.

The famed musician — ranked 38th in Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time — was the founder member of Fleetwood Mac and achieved a number one single with the group in 1969, with guitar instrumental Albatross.

He left the band the following year and since then has become a leading name on the blues rock circuit with groups such as the Peter Green Splinter Group and Peter Green and Friends.

But now, Green, 65, is looking to assault the UK pop charts once again after deciding to "lend a strumming hand" to rising band P45.

He has described the modern ska act, which features his nephew Joe Green on saxophone, as the "best live band since Fleetwood Mac" and has collaborated with the London-based five-piece on their forthcoming album, Stories To Be Told.

P45 lead singer Jack Kendall says working with Green on the album, out next year, has been "a dream come true" for the group — whose new single Top Floor is released by to 54-46 records in November.

He said: "Peter Green is a living legend and hero to music icons such as Paul Weller, Noel Gallagher and Eric Clapton so to have him not only champion our band but join it as well is a dream come true.

"Me and the rest of P45 grew up listening to his records and it was an incredible, if slightly surreal, experience jamming with him in the studio on tracks for the new album.

"Peter's best known for his pioneering blues rock, but he's also a huge fan of reggae and ska so he had a great time improvising and contributing to songs. He's lost none of his passion for music and has told us he'd love to get back in the pop charts after so many years so hopefully we'll do him proud."

P45 was formed two years ago by former Bad Lads Army TV star Kendall along with Joe Green, guitarist Neil Reed, drummer Dustin Lee Burgess and song writer Rob Sigston — who taught Florence and the Machine bassist Mark Saunders guitar.

Signed to independent label 54-46 Records six months ago, the group has been making waves on the London music scene for their energetic, modern take on ska music.
As well counting Peter Green as a fan, P45 has been praised by the likes of The Jam's Bruce Foxton, The Beat's Dave Wakeling and BBC 2 DJ Chris Evans — who called them the "modern-day Madness".

Ska 'godfather' Suggs, lead singer with 80s chart-toppers Madness, agrees, saying that he "couldn't think of a better band to trace our foot prints."

P45's debut single, Cold Shivers — featuring Green on guitar — reached the top 10 in British reggae charts earlier this month and the band will soon be performing live with the rock icon as part of their first UK and European tour.

Speaking about his involvement with P45, Green said: "Though the blues is my first love, I'm also a huge ska and reggae fan so when I heard the songs that P45 were putting together I knew I had to get involved.

"They're all great blokes and very talented musicians, which makes working with them a pleasure. I reckon it won't be long before they break into the Top 40, taking me along with them for the ride!"

He added: "Ska music can be as soulful and powerful as the blues and the genre's definitely due for a popular revival so it's a buzz to be part of the vanguard. If anyone can bring ska back into the mainstream then it's P45."

P45's second single, Top Floor, is released on November 5 through 54-46 Record?s. For more information about P45 visit the official website at 1. www.p45band.co.uk

-Ends-
Old 11-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Haha, the original post at the beginning of this thread has been removed, but the "fake press release" is still here (above)!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Yes, I put it there. I can't remove the original post completely without deleting the thread in its entirety and there's no reason to delete the thread. I think the discussion about the falsity of the original report is a legitimate and informative one.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
Yes, I put it there. I can't remove the original post completely without deleting the thread in its entirety and there's no reason to delete the thread. I think the discussion about the falsity of the original report is a legitimate and informative one.
Very good indeed! Keep up the good work.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The press release only seems false in the sense that someone (the band?, their manager?) tried to take advantage of Greeny for publicity.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
The press release only seems false in the sense that someone (the band?, their manager?) tried to take advantage of Greeny for publicity.
not only..Peter is not going to join the band and touring with them.............
Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
not only..Peter is not going to join the band and touring with them.............
Yeah thanks Mario, not sure what I meant, really .