Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:47 AM
Ledgie

Default Love Songs

I just thought it was interesting that many of the fans have been requesting Bleed to lover her. I have always thought that this was one of his most romantic, sweet songs I remember reading a quote by stevie back in the day about his songs not being very loving, or about her? lol Not verbatim, but you know what I'm saying. It's just soo funny to me that the inner most circle can't see that many of Lindsey's songs seem to convey alot about his feelings about Stevie and/or Fleetwood Mac. For example in my mind..wait for you, right place to fade, under the skin, treason, say goodbye, and even that's enough for me. My point is that, although he hasn't written a " silver springs" many beautiful songs I believe are referenced to her still. I believe he is happily married, but a love for another person in your past can always be a well of inspiration
Old 10-24-2008, 05:53 AM
Junior Ledgie

As one of the many people shouting "Bleed to Love Her!" at many of the shows, I feel obligated to defend myself

Personally, I know Bleed to Love Her isn't a "love song", but it IS a good friggin song! I assumed that everyone knew (or at least assumed) that the vast majority of his songs are about Stevie (and vice versa). Then again, I have access to a Fleetwood Mac reference catalog (named Michelle).

And after deciding to propose to her at the Glenside show, I can definitively tell you that there's not much to go with in the way of "love" songs. I think the happiest song is "never going back", but a love song it is not. FYI I ended up on "shut us down" for various reasons, but it worked out. At least it's not COMPLETELY filled with satire

By the way...silver springs is definitely one of the creepiest songs I've ever been exposed to. Seeing Stevie angrily shout "Ill follow you down til the sound of my voice will haunt you" at Lindsey definitely made me think twice before said proposal.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFloyd2002 View Post
By the way...silver springs is definitely one of the creepiest songs I've ever been exposed to. Seeing Stevie angrily shout "Ill follow you down til the sound of my voice will haunt you" at Lindsey definitely made me think twice before said proposal.
LOL. I love that.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbrFireflie View Post
I remember reading a quote by stevie back in the day about his songs not being very loving, or about her? lol Not verbatim, but you know what I'm saying.
The thing is, even a song like GYOW is very loving. He's not saying, "get out of here because I hate you." He's saying, "I'd give you the world, but you won't take it. So, if you don't want it, go your own way and be lonely." There's nothing less beautiful about that sentiment than there is about the sound of his heartbeat driving him mad as he remembers what he had and what he lost.

Michele
Old 11-01-2008, 02:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I disagree that Bleed to Love Her isn't a "love song." Lindsey certainly has his fair share of emotion-fueled "pissed off" tunes, but I think this one is a pretty passionate "longing for" type, and it's perfect. Best song on SYW (with Red Rover) for me.

Nonetheless, congrats big time to you both on your engagement Ambr, even if I don't necessarily agree with you (all songs-or most- about Stevie? Nah...)

But the great thing about art is that it's subjective. One person's garbage is another's golden goblet.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 11-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Silver Springs is one of my favorite songs. And it's pretty-sounding. The words? Starts off fairly pretty and then gets bitter. And VERY obsessive. And also very, very powerful. I loved the opera of it all. The "take that, you cad! You think you're rid of me! Ha! Think again!!!!"
(OK-I may still be hopped up on Halloween chocolate)

But, actually, Bleed to Love Her is pretty romantic, in a really odd sort of way;-)
The guy's heart is bleeding over the elusive chick...who is both drawing him in and pushing him away. It's like a Tango (in the night, of course). And, plus, the melody is gorgeous.

I'm trying to think if I ever saw him do it live. I'm not sure. If I did, it was only for one show (I listen to so many boots sometimes, that I can't remember what was real and what was Memorex). I heard him do a tiny bit of it on the guitar once, during a sound check for FM's SYW concert in Jones Beach. It was freezing cold, I was on the beach, and this sound drifted across the water, the parking lot and ... it was Bleed to Love Her. I remember grinning like a total fool. Some moments are just special that way.

PFloyd! NOW, I know who you are! I wasn't sure in the last thread. THAT was an experience to remember!