User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2003, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question How's THIS for an answer to FM site ignoring Time & BTM?

As I've been saying lately, I visit mickfleetwood.com less and less as the days go on but in asking (on the board and in a PM) if the comment at fleetwoodmac.com about the new Mac album being the "first new Mac album in 15 years" could at LEAST be amended to it being the "first new full studio FM album with LB & SN as members of FM in 15 years" I received THIS in a PM from "Knight":

"All points well taken, John. I'm the producer for the FM.com site as well as MF.com. But, the FM.com site has tremendous input from the members of the band as well as Warner Bros. Records. The copy on the FM.com site was crafted and revised for hours. It will stand "as-is" despite the deep points you bring up for numerous reasons. I'm thrilled that you took the time to write about this and encourage you to be vigilant and help point these types of things out to me. Just understand that some things will not change, even when you're right! Thanks again for your thoughtful concern"

Even though we "knew" it, at least it makes it "official" that they want to ignore that "Time" and BTM even existed.

I'm kind of glad in a way that at least "they" were straight to the point about it and said so. At least we know where we stand "officially" now on this topic. You would think it would just save them much grief to stop "people like me" hounding them about such matters and having to have to send "fans like me" separate PM's about these "decisions" when they would save themselves a lot of time (from separate PMing) if they would just say this stuff publicly on their board/site (or where ever they would so choose).

I guess I just don't understand why amending it would be such a problem for them as by adding such wordings I suggested, it would only HEIGHTEN the fact that SN & LB are there which is what they obviously want to public to know first and foremost. Oh well whatever, I just thought I would share that so anyone else wanting to know this would know for sure one way or the other and as it is the "post Rumours" members/albums that are the ones being "ignored" and those that visit this section are the ones most interested in such things that it would be of interest to some of you that visit here, that's all. I hope it was anyways.

John