User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-10-2003, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Is "Dead bust blues" a boot?

I've been hearing on other Mac boards about a non US live Mac CD (w/bonus DVD that will include a Jeremy Specner interview on it) from the "Kiln hose" tour due for release in Sept.

Now, I noticed at Midnight Records' site they have this listing (second from bottom) on this page:

http://www.midnightrecords.com/search.php

...as a Japan release and 2 CD's (maybe they mean two "discs" so I'll overlook that) but the main thing here is that it has a reference made to "board" there so I wonder if this is going to be a bootleg soundboard recording. Anyone know?

I respect those of you that collect boots but it's just not my thing so I'd like to make sure it's legit before buying it (and as MR sell legit and boot material and I've yet to see a listing for it elsewhere, this is why I ask about this here now). Thanks in advance.

John
Old 07-10-2003, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Oops, link didn't work. Well, if you go to www.midnightrecords.com and search "Fleetwood Mac" then on THAT page, scroll down to the bottom and you'll see "Dead bust blues". THAT'S the one I'm talking about.

John
Old 07-10-2003, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation another route

If that doesn't work then I've attached here a piece from MR's latest hard copy ad from the new "Goldmine" magazine (which lists this disc the same way there).

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mr.jpg (32.2 KB, 62 views)
Old 07-11-2003, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I also saw a post about this on another message board. I have no idea whether this is a bootleg recording or an official recording, but I have a feeling it may be a bootleg recording. It mentions New Orleans 1970. That would mean this might be Christine's first show with Fleetwood Mac on the Kiln House tour. John, I respect the fact that you only collect official releases. But, I would LOVE to have this show, official or bootleg, although I would prefer an official release.
Old 07-13-2003, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Well, I just got an e mail from a friend I had asked about this that has more knowledge of boots than I do and they seem to think this "Dead bust blues" show from New Orleans '70 is actually from EARLY 1970 (i.e. w/PG and not CM) though I agree that would've made VERY interesting listening had the NO '70 show been Christine's VERY first FM show (as a member etc.), who knows, maybe the one we've been hearing about that's being released soon will be that show?! It does seem strange that a firm would rather "legalize" a KH tour show rather that a PG era one (which I'm guessing would be generally more popular since the post PG/pre BN & post BN lineups/members/tours are well, shall we just say "less well received" than the PG/BN ones (for whatever reason).

Though I don't have many details on this DBB thing, I understand it's tracklisting is similar to the Boston Tea Party stuff (though oddly also including a song called "All over again", surely this isn't the same song CM had done on "Time", especially since she's apparently not on these DBB tapes?! It's probably just a bootlegger's incorrect title but if I do find out anything else about this I'll post it here.

So anyways, I'm still going under the assumption that this DBB set differs from the KH tour live CD (w/bonus JS interview DVD) that is apparently coming out in Sept. in the UK so hopefully we'll get more news on that/this soon.

John
Old 07-14-2003, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

John, thanks for all the research that you've done into this. You're right, if Dead Bust Blues were indeed Christine's first show with Fleetwood Mac, that would be incredible to hear. But, it looks like it's really from the late Peter Green period. Oh Well.

Even though the post PG/pre B/N period isn't of interest to alot of people. It is of GREAT interest to me. I am really looking forward to that Kiln House live CD/DVD that is hopefully coming in September. If you hear ANYTHING at all about this, please post it. I am hoping that since Bob Welch is now apparently friendly with Mick again, maybe some more of this live 1970-1074 stuff may get released in the future.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Yeah, I will do.

I also agree that the 70-74 period though not of interest to the general public, I also find interesting and that hopefully we'll get some good releases out of Welch being on good terms (apparently) w/Mick etc. again.

John