Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default New picture of Christine?

I was surfing the web the other day and came apon what looks like recent picture of Christine with Ken Caillat that I thought I'd share.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, this is a great pic. It came out right before ITM was released and was probably taken when they were working on it.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yeah, this is a great pic. It came out right before ITM was released and was probably taken when they were working on it.
Oh ok..so its not as recent as this one from 2006 Gold Badge award below. My bad and sorry for the false alarm..

Old 03-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I bought Rolling Stone's Encyclopedia of Rock (Third Edition) and it says Christine was born in 1943.

Is she the oldest member of any Fleetwood Mac Lineup?

And will she really be 65 this year? (It doesn't seem possible.)

With the talk of a new tour and Christine's participation, I have to think...if I were 65, is this something I would want to do?

Nice photos too, and thanks for posting them.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
I bought Rolling Stone's Encyclopedia of Rock (Third Edition) and it says Christine was born in 1943.

Is she the oldest member of any Fleetwood Mac Lineup?

And will she really be 65 this year? (It doesn't seem possible.)

With the talk of a new tour and Christine's participation, I have to think...if I were 65, is this something I would want to do?

Nice photos too, and thanks for posting them.
Yup she really will be 65 this year.

As for joining the tour ........ don't hold your breath. She hasn't toured since 1997/98 and as she didn't join them for one song in 2003 at Earls Court well she's not going to do a whole tour.

I think she is pretty much retired now. Her web site hasn't been updated for a few years so I suppose that kind of sums it up really.

Gail
Old 03-14-2008, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy0033 View Post
Oh ok..so its not as recent as this one from 2006 Gold Badge award below. My bad and sorry for the false alarm..

She looks great in this picture.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fabulous pictures. I love seeing recent pics of Chris, even if they're a few years old. She's so classy and beautiful.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Yup she really will be 65 this year.

As for joining the tour ........ don't hold your breath. She hasn't toured since 1997/98 and as she didn't join them for one song in 2003 at Earls Court well she's not going to do a whole tour.

I think she is pretty much retired now. Her web site hasn't been updated for a few years so I suppose that kind of sums it up really.

Gail
I agree with Gail. If Chris had any desire to perform, she would have done some shows to support 'In the Meantime.' She could have done some shows in small venues near her London apartment. It could have been set up in such a way that no actual touring was required. The fact that she didn't even do this indicates to me that she has decided her live performing days are over.

Of course this makes me sad, especially since 'In the Meantime' is so good, but she actively worked in the music business for four decades, and I can't blame her for making this decision.

I don't think her age in itself prevents her from performing; there are plenty of musicians still playing live at 65 or older. Mick Jagger, for instance, is just a couple of weeks younger than Christine, and Paul McCartney is a year older, and they're still recording and performing. It isn't age that has stopped Chris ... it's her own desire to retire that has stopped her.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Senior Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Chris and Touring

[ . It could have been set up in such a way that no actual touring was required. The fact that she didn't even do this indicates to me that she has decided her live performing days are over.

I don't think she ever said she didn't want to perform anymore and YOUR point is well taken, BUT she (and Stevie) have repeatedly stated that her days of travelling were over. I ran into the drummer and percussionist and Tour Manager for the Greg Rollie Band a few weeks ago in peoria IL. They told me they dont get paid to play, they get paid to "travel" and that was the hardest part of their job (sit and wait, sit and wait). Plus, I hear that she (Chris) hates to fly, so that too may be a big factor. Who knows, we'll see when and if it all comes to fruition?

Glenn